Cavs 2023-24

Shams article make it seems like there is a world where Mitchell extends and you can trade Garland and JA plus fire JB. And that is best case scenario in my opinion. Mobley will be fine these last few games proved it. He is NOT a post up player right now but when you face him up at the elbow or have him on the move in PNR situations you get what you got last night. You add from there. This is also two postseasons in a row where they had to go with him at the 5 at some point by default and he handled himself adequately.

Jarrett Allen actually has a more than reasonable contract relative to his performance. If they want to trade him, it won't be that hard.

$20 million a year I would tier in the range of the 9th-14th highest paid centers, and a big drop off outside of those above them. His production is easily worthy of the tier he's being paid by.

Shams article make it seems like there is a world where Mitchell extends and you can trade Garland and JA plus fire JB. And that is best case scenario in my opinion. Mobley will be fine these last few games proved it. He is NOT a post up player right now but when you face him up at the elbow or have him on the move in PNR situations you get what you got last night. You add from there. This is also two postseasons in a row where they had to go with him at the 5 at some point by default and he handled himself adequately.
Sham’s Cavs world could be a perfect world, depending on who they hire and trade for. Anyone could see Mitchell and Mobley were the only core players to build around. Now we will see it in action, and if you give me the right return…Mitchell can be had, as well.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
The Suns got Budenholzer, but someone from this group would be fine with me:

Mark Jackson, Scott Brooks. Terry Stotts, Frank Vogel, Brett Brown

Sham’s Cavs world could be a perfect world, depending on who they hire and trade for. Anyone could see Mitchell and Mobley were the only core players to build around. Now we will see it in action, and if you give me the right return…Mitchell can be had, as well.
Agree on the core but Im really high on Mitchell after this season. He really showed me something especially when he was the defacto PG with Garland out. He was getting his and distributing the rock. Career high for assists.. I want him here, hes obviously not untouchable though.

Agree on the core but Im really high on Mitchell after this season. He really showed me something especially when he was the defacto PG with Garland out. He was getting his and distributing the rock. Career high for assists.. I want him here, hes obviously not untouchable though.
I want him here, but he is off my untouchable list now…but only if the right return can be had. He’s still an elite player.

Laughing at you Mobley fan boys…he can’t shoot a lick after 3 seasons and gets pushed around like a pile dry leaves. That isn’t coaching. You say he is only 22? Look at the guys drafted around him in the lottery. I gave him a pass for the first 2 years…this year he showed us who he is as a player. If you refuse to believe it and sign him for as much as 200 million that is just another Cleveland team throwing good money after bad. Even the announcers pointed out we were better without him on the floor this season!

Laughing at you Mobley fan boys…he can’t shoot a lick after 3 seasons and gets pushed around like a pile dry leaves. That isn’t coaching. You say he is only 22? Look at the guys drafted around him in the lottery. I gave him a pass for the first 2 years…this year he showed us who he is as a player. If you refuse to believe it and sign him for as much as 200 million that is just another Cleveland team throwing good money after bad. Even the announcers pointed out we were better without him on the floor this season!
All that better team stuff was during the “who cares” time of the season before the all star break. We saw this movie the previous two seasons as well. Cavs play great ball early, roll up a nice win total and then get mugged after the break when everyone in the league gets serious.

Bottom line: the Cavs NEED to make some major changes in the offseason if the goal is to win a title. Will there be a new GM? Will there be a new coach? Does MItchell want to be here? Is Mobley worth a huge extension? Do you want to keep Garland and/or Allen? If not, what can you get for either of them? It's easy to say "trade this guy", but you have to find a willing partner. And most importantly, how the hell did George Niang ever land a NBA contact? Lol.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like any changes by Gilbert:

Cleveland, it’s heartbreaking, but I am proud of the fight and the progress of this team. Thanks to all
@cavs fans and supporters who were there all season for us. The future is bright in The Land!

The only guy drafted after Mobley in his class that I would maybe rather have is Scottie Barnes. Everybody else is a somebody that you can find in just about any draft, whether a mighty midget guard (Suggs), soft and skilled one dimensional big man (Wagner), etc.

The only guy drafted after Mobley in his class that I would maybe rather have is Scottie Barnes. Everybody else is a somebody that you can find in just about any draft, whether a mighty midget guard (Suggs), soft and skilled one dimensional big man (Wagner), etc.
Barnes is the only one to consider, but I wouldn't take him over Mobley either.

The Cavs have talent … they did make it to second round of the playoffs and were semi competitive with Boston, the best team in the East … complete or major changes are not needed … to me it is about fits … the combination of Mobley and Allen does not fit well together … and Mitchell and Garland struggle together also … so making trades with those guys makes sense to me … which ones has a couple factors … to me only Mitchell is untouchable … if he is willing to resign … if that is the case, make trades with fit with him in mind … for example, a bigger defensive minded & shooter (3 & D guy) … or try to pair Garland and Mobley to get another star … if he is not willing to resign … build around Garland and Mobley … make trades for younger veterans … complete overhaul at this point & time would be stupid.

Imagine watching that game and then saying Mobley is mediocre. You'd have to have a pre-judged opinion, or just be blind. Donovan and Mobley are the core pieces going forward, period.

The Cavs have talent … they did make it to second round of the playoffs and were semi competitive with Boston, the best team in the East … complete or major changes are not needed … to me it is about fits … the combination of Mobley and Allen does not fit well together … and Mitchell and Garland struggle together also … so making trades with those guys makes sense to me … which ones has a couple factors … to me only Mitchell is untouchable … if he is willing to resign … if that is the case, make trades with fit with him in mind … for example, a bigger defensive minded & shooter (3 & D guy) … or try to pair Garland and Mobley to get another star … if he is not willing to resign … build around Garland and Mobley … make trades for younger veterans … complete overhaul at this point & time would be stupid.
Allen is gone. Mobley is the core piece.

Screenshot_20240516-160615.png

Is there something to see here???
Yes...he liked/favorited a tweet of someone trashing the "NBA media" trying to write and speak him out of Cleveland (and into a bigger market).

DM seems to play things pretty close to the vest, but IMO he is very much open to extending in Cleveland.

Probably not a mistake that comments have leaked out today about being unhappy with the late season tanking, attitude/demeanor of certain teammates, etc. He will want some changes with personnel as well as JB gone, because he wants to win and win now if he's here.

Yes...he liked/favorited a tweet of someone trashing the "NBA media" trying to write and speak him out of Cleveland (and into a bigger market).

DM seems to play things pretty close to the vest, but IMO he is very much open to extending in Cleveland.

Probably not a mistake that comments have leaked out today about being unhappy with the late season tanking, attitude/demeanor of certain teammates, etc. He will want some changes with personnel as well as JB gone, because he wants to win and win now if he's here.
I saw that, but I didn’t read that hard into it. For the money he can get, though, it’s in his best interest to sign a max with CLE now.

Really don't see any way they can move Darius. Whether one wants to argue about how well or not he's been utilized, IMO it is undeniable he stunk and looked timid post-injury this year.

Can't see anyone biting on paying him $35-40 million a year for the next four years without first seeing some bounce back from him next year.

Reports revealed that some members of the Cavaliers were irked by Allen's refusal to accept an injection to numb the pain and play through his rib injury. Allen, who sustained the injury in Game 1 of the first-round series against the Orlando Magic, remained sidelined for eight consecutive games, including the entire second-round matchup against the Celtics.

Despite hopes that Allen, known as one of the team's best defenders, would be available to contribute, his decision not to accept the injection left the Cavaliers without a key piece for their playoff push.

The frustration stemmed from the belief that Allen's presence on the court could have made a significant difference, especially as the team faced elimination. Allen averaged 16.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game while shooting 16.5% from the field.

Reactions: y2h
Reports revealed that some members of the Cavaliers were irked by Allen's refusal to accept an injection to numb the pain and play through his rib injury. Allen, who sustained the injury in Game 1 of the first-round series against the Orlando Magic, remained sidelined for eight consecutive games, including the entire second-round matchup against the Celtics.

Despite hopes that Allen, known as one of the team's best defenders, would be available to contribute, his decision not to accept the injection left the Cavaliers without a key piece for their playoff push.

The frustration stemmed from the belief that Allen's presence on the court could have made a significant difference, especially as the team faced elimination. Allen averaged 16.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game while shooting 16.5% from the field.

Allen is dead to me.