Cavs 2023-24

He had every chance last game to try and be a dominant force … he played OK … but hardly a dominant force … he has skills and will be a good player … just doubt if he will ever be a consistent dominant force … not his personality … his numbers over the past 6/7 games with Allen out are not even as good as Allen’s numbers when Mobley was out .
Totally agree. I don't dislike Mobley, but I certainly wouldn't offer him a max contract and then "hope" that he develops offensively.

So, lebron was recruiting for the Lakers Monday right? Sure seeks like could have been the case....especially when Windy mentions Lakers as DM possible destination. Shocked everyone he recruited isn't sitting our tonight. Just odd timing of the complete fold this week

This team has no dedication. Send them packing.
It’s an organizational culture, Brian. And these guys are going to use the player’s injuries to keep their front office and coaching positions. They will say they are on the right track and would have gone deeper if they just were healthier. The real problem, however, is the reputation that the Cavs are a soft team and organization still hangs around their necks like a heavy chain.

No Allen or LeVert.

At a bare minimum, JB and Altman have to be gone. Between trying to tank to play Orlando in the first round and guys sitting in the postseason, this organization is inexcusably soft. And it starts with those two.

So, lebron was recruiting for the Lakers Monday right? Sure seeks like could have been the case....especially when Windy mentions Lakers as DM possible destination. Shocked everyone he recruited isn't sitting out tonight. Just odd timing of the complete fold this week
Time for a blow up. First of the front office and coaching staff. Then of some of the players after the new regime has evaluated the roster and who fits their vision.

The team has quit on Bickerstaff yet inexplicably they'll run it back with him next year.

The team has quit on Bickerstaff yet inexplicably they'll run it back with him next year.
I can understand if we are talking broken bones, torn ligaments and tendons, but we’re talking bruised ribs, strained calf and a bone bruise. And that’s enough to sit out the conference semifinals? I know it’s popular for young fans to dog the 1990s NBA, but the stars of then were not sitting out playoff games with these type of injuries. It had to be major for them to miss a playoff game.

Reactions: y2h
I can understand if we are talking broken bones, torn ligaments and tendons, but we’re talking bruised ribs, strained calf and a bone bruise. And that’s enough to sit out the conference semifinals? I know it’s popular for young fans to dog the 1990s NBA, but the stars of then were not sitting out playoff games with these type of injuries. It had to be major for them to miss a playoff game.
Exactly. Nobody holds it against Chubb or Watson for missing the playoffs. My calf hurts? Wrap it, shoot it up and let's go.

There is no comparison between the physicality in the 90s and today. Flagrant foul? If you let someone get an easy one in the paint without knocking them upside the head and putting them on the floor you were coming off the court.

Mobley and Garland need to go immediately…one is mediocre and one is just too slight and small…Okoro? How much do you pay him? Good defender and has improved from awful to below average offensively…and this league is about buckets.
The question is simply this : Are we trying to win a title? Serious question because that is when the hard decisions have to be made…I watched 95% of the games and the eyes never lie. If Mitchell wants out we are short term screwed with very little draft capital…if he stays? You can’t just run it back for a 5-6 seed and playoff loss. Own your mistakes and move on. Allen is fine at the 5…a double double machine…we need a 4 and a pg that weighs more than 170 soaking wet holding a cinder block…Mitchell plays better at pg at his height but thinks he is a 2….we have tried the 6ft backcourt for 5 years..not a winner in the league (see Portland with Dame and McCollum)….I don’t have a ton of confidence in this off season…call me crazy

It’s an organizational culture, Brian. And these guys are going to use the player’s injuries to keep their front office and coaching positions. They will say they are on the right track and would have gone deeper if they just were healthier. The real problem, however, is the reputation that the Cavs are a soft team and organization still hangs around their necks like a heavy chain.
You are so correct. The injuries will save JB ( hopefully, I'm wrong). Altman has built a redundant team and has failed miserably in getting a forward who can shoot. But, they will probably state that the team is still young and stand pat.

But, there are some pretty damning stories out there tonight. Perhaps they will fire him which will lead to DM extension from what is out there...

“Multiple league sources have said, for months, that Mitchell did not have great confidence in Bickerstaff, and he was not alone. Several players questioned Bickerstaff’s strategies, game management, practice habits and accountability measures, privately and publicly, throughout the season.”

But, there are some pretty damning stories out there tonight. Perhaps they will fire him which will lead to DM extension from what is out there...

“Multiple league sources have said, for months, that Mitchell did not have great confidence in Bickerstaff, and he was not alone. Several players questioned Bickerstaff’s strategies, game management, practice habits and accountability measures, privately and publicly, throughout the season.”
It’s bad enough Altman will save his own skin, but I can’t believe he can save JB’s too. Something has to happen to appease the fans and Mitchell…and maybe Dan Gilbert…and JB will be the sacrificial lamb.

Mobley and Garland need to go immediately…one is mediocre and one is just too slight and small…Okoro? How much do you pay him? Good defender and has improved from awful to below average offensively…and this league is about buckets.
The question is simply this : Are we trying to win a title? Serious question because that is when the hard decisions have to be made…I watched 95% of the games and the eyes never lie. If Mitchell wants out we are short term screwed with very little draft capital…if he stays? You can’t just run it back for a 5-6 seed and playoff loss. Own your mistakes and move on. Allen is fine at the 5…a double double machine…we need a 4 and a pg that weighs more than 170 soaking wet holding a cinder block…Mitchell plays better at pg at his height but thinks he is a 2….we have tried the 6ft backcourt for 5 years..not a winner in the league (see Portland with Dame and McCollum)….I don’t have a ton of confidence in this off season…call me crazy
You are out of your mind. Mobley is only 22 and has skills Allen will never have and a much higher ceiling. He’s already an elite defender and rim protector. An offensive minded coach can surely take Mobley’s game to a higher level. A level Allen can never achieve. Mobley is a cornerstone piece. Deal with it and say goodbye to Garland and Allen. Get me someone like Dejounte Murray.

Mobley is a whole lot more talented than Allen. Not debatable.

Go compare Mobley's year to Allen's age 22 season with the Brooklyn Nets. I'll wait.

There are things that frustrate me with Mobley, but an offensive-minded coach that gets just modest improvements out of him with have him averaging 20/10 through his prime years...on top of being 1st/2nd team all-defense every single year.