700 WLW

As soon as I hear people wholehearted say that "marijuana made my life better" I'm always going to be a No on that. It's a gateway drug. I just simply can't believe people are so obtuse about this. I'd love to interview those who've had drug addictions and ask them how they got started. I'll guarantee you here is the case for about 80% of them.
1. started smoking cigarettes as a kid
2. tried marijuana
3. moved onto hardcore drugs, cocaine, LSD, etc.

The only reason states are permitting it now is to tax it and make money on it. It's just such a sad story,

.........................Lottery, Gambling, Drugs..............all 'legalized' money grabs................victims/addicts are the ones who can least afford these habits that lead to more dependency etc.

As soon as I hear people wholehearted say that "marijuana made my life better" I'm always going to be a No on that. It's a gateway drug. I just simply can't believe people are so obtuse about this. I'd love to interview those who've had drug addictions and ask them how they got started. I'll guarantee you here is the case for about 80% of them.
2. tried marijuana

The only reason states are permitting it now is to tax it and make money on it. It's just such a sad story, IMO.

Just curious, do you…

1) consider alcohol a Gateway Drug?
2) What about the gummies without THC that does not get one high? Are these still Gateway Drugs?

Just curious, do you…

1) consider alcohol a Gateway Drug?
2) What about the gummies without THC that does not get one high? Are these still Gateway Drugs?
I think alcohol is so mainstream now that's hard to answer. Are there people who are chemically depending on alcohol, absolutely. Did they start with beer, then work their way up, absolutely.

I don't really know much about the gummies, I would say that if they don't get you high, then what's the purpose?

These statements doesn't change my mind.

I think alcohol is so mainstream now that's hard to answer. Are there people who are chemically depending on alcohol, absolutely. Did they start with beer, then work their way up, absolutely.

I don't really know much about the gummies, I would say that if they don't get you high, then what's the purpose?

These statements doesn't change my mind.

I am no marijuana expert, I am not into it what so ever but I would take it/try it if I had inflammation issues. Professional athletes swear to it reducing inflammation. It would be safe to say 85%+ of NBA & NFL players smoke pot/take gummies.

I recall a 60 minute story where parents with kids who had epilepsy and were experiencing seizures were giving their kids gummies/cookies (without the THC) because it:
1) helps prevent the seizures
2) had far less side affects than prescription drugs which in the story, the kids were experiencing severe side affects.

I’m sure you have heard of cancer patients smoking pot to help with their appetite.

I wasn’t trying to change your mind, just curious to your beliefs/thinking on the matter.
I do respect your admitting you did not know much about the gummies without the THC. It was voted on and the people have spoken, it should be legalized. Let’s study it, learn from the study (a lot of studies are already out there) and let’s hope people are willing to learn from it.

2. tried marijuana

The only reason states are permitting it now is to tax it and make money on it. It's just such a sad story, IMO.
There's literally stories everywhere about how marijuana helped people's lives. You just refuse to agree with those people.

I personally know several people who've been able to stop taking prescribed medications for all different ailments/symptoms. I know surgeons who use THC daily to assist with sleep and the stress of the profession. They seem to be just fine.

I am no marijuana expert, I am not into it what so ever but I would take it/try it if I had inflammation issues. Professional athletes swear to it reducing inflammation. It would be safe to say 85%+ of NBA & NFL players smoke pot/take gummies.

I recall a 60 minute story where parents with kids who had epilepsy and were experiencing seizures were giving their kids gummies/cookies (without the THC) because it:
1) helps prevent the seizures
2) had far less side affects than prescription drugs which in the story, the kids were experiencing severe side affects.

I’m sure you have heard of cancer patients smoking pot to help with their appetite.

I wasn’t trying to change your mind, just curious to your beliefs/thinking on the matter.
I do respect your admitting you did not know much about the gummies without the THC. It was voted on and the people have spoken, it should be legalized. Let’s study it, learn from the study (a lot of studies are already out there) and let’s hope people are willing to learn from it.
Thanks for the very respectful post, and sure, I'm not closed minded to it. All I'm saying is I'm not opening it up to EVERYONE just because it can help a few in isolated cases where nothing else works.

So the chicken/ egg argument... did pro athletes start smoking pot BEFORE they were great athletes, or did they grow up with it? I think we all know the answer to that. Also, from a balancing standpoint, is it worth the risk to begin smoking pot to reduce inflammation with the possibility of moving onto more hard core drugs, or just take some Advil? I take Advil, and it works perfectly good for me.

Kids with epilepsy, absolutely, 1000% whatever works for them. But that's medical marijuana. I'm all for that.

There's literally stories everywhere about how marijuana helped people's lives. You just refuse to agree with those people.

I personally know several people who've been able to stop taking prescribed medications for all different ailments/symptoms. I know surgeons who use THC daily to assist with sleep and the stress of the profession. They seem to be just fine.
Good for them. I"m fine with people using it if other measures haven't worked.

You hang around long enough, you'll see just about anything. So two lawmakers in Ohio, one republican, one democrat, are proposing a bill where some students in poorer performing school districts would get PAID to go to school!!! Yes, this is not a lie. There are different levels and even a bonus for certain GPA's attained and graduating.
I could see if this was some odd, random person with crazy ideas, but this is from two people who are elected leaders in our state??

And you gotta love McConnell, when the WLW newsperson told of this this morning, Mike chimed in, oh, so now we're paying people for irresponsible behavior?

Thanks for the very respectful post, and sure, I'm not closed minded to it. All I'm saying is I'm not opening it up to EVERYONE just because it can help a few in isolated cases where nothing else works.

So the chicken/ egg argument... did pro athletes start smoking pot BEFORE they were great athletes, or did they grow up with it? I think we all know the answer to that. Also, from a balancing standpoint, is it worth the risk to begin smoking pot to reduce inflammation with the possibility of moving onto more hard core drugs, or just take some Advil? I take Advil, and it works perfectly good for me.

Kids with epilepsy, absolutely, 1000% whatever works for them. But that's medical marijuana. I'm all for that.
If I'm stressed out and relieve it via marijuana that would qualify as medical correct?

I was watching Chris Collinsworth this week, and harkened back to when he and McConnell co hosted Mike's show for a few months 20-25 years ago. Anyone else recall that event?

I was watching Chris Collinsworth this week, and harkened back to when he and McConnell co hosted Mike's show for a few months 20-25 years ago. Anyone else recall that event?
I believe Lance McCallister may have played some of that from the archives. I know he's played some old sportstalk shows that Collinsworth hosted. He had this twangy country bumpkin voice and played it out. I remember seeing a program on Collinsworth. When he was hired by NBC, he was the "Pat McAfee" of the time. He's do all kinds of crazy assignments and it nearly short circuted his career. Someone told him no one was going to take him seriously if he always went with the flow and never stood up for himself. He worked hard to become the analyst he is today, no more twang, professional, inciteful.

Today's show, Mike took on the folks who want college student loans forgiven. Like it's some kind of right to get a college education.

Today's show, Mike took on the folks who want college student loans forgiven. Like it's some kind of right to get a college education.
Republican handbook to draw listeners/viewers...boarder, education and whatever minority group they think are trying to take over the world at that point

Republican handbook to draw listeners/viewers...boarder, education and whatever minority group they think are trying to take over the world at that point
I would laugh at your response but I think you actually believe your drivel and I feel sorry for you. Assuming you went to college you need to get your money back.

There is no such thing as college loan "forgiveness." The dems are pushing the student load debt on to the tax payers, to get votes from these people. It's college loan switch-a-roo.

Why not while they're at it, "forgive" the truck loan for the guy that didn't go to college and bought a truck for a plumbing business he started or "forgive" the loan for the woman that started the catering business and needed to buy a delivery truck.

What about forgiving the cost of - insurance, all medical bills, dental bills, phone bills, vacations ? Just make everything free.

I would laugh at your response but I think you actually believe your drivel and I feel sorry for you. Assuming you went to college you need to get your money back.

There is no such thing as college loan "forgiveness." The dems are pushing the student load debt on to the tax payers, to get votes from these people. It's college loan switch-a-roo.

Why not while they're at it, "forgive" the truck loan for the guy that didn't go to college and bought a truck for a plumbing business he started or "forgive" the loan for the woman that started the catering business and needed to buy a delivery truck.

What about forgiving the cost of - insurance, all medical bills, dental bills, phone bills, vacations ? Just make everything free.
I didn't say I was for or against any of your mentioned topics. Been a republican my entire life but am tired of hearing/watching the same exact argument for months if not years now. In my opinion, both parties are to blame for the current state of our country. Their refusal to work together leads us to the threat of government shutdowns every few months. The GOP can't even get things through their own party because of the ultra conservatives.

I didn't say I was for or against any of your mentioned topics. Been a republican my entire life but am tired of hearing/watching the same exact argument for months if not years now. In my opinion, both parties are to blame for the current state of our country. Their refusal to work together leads us to the threat of government shutdowns every few months. The GOP can't even get things through their own party because of the ultra conservatives.
I guess I took your comments incorrectly. I will agree that dems and repubs (rinos) are at fault for where we are in the country. We need more conservatives in charge. Rinos (dem-lite) are threatened by conservatives.

Have a good one.

If you have a certain income level, that's the way it is now. Most of the true homeless have addiction or mental health issues.

I laugh every couple of months when there is a "threat" of a government shutdown. Does anyone really think that would happen? The nation could come to a screeching halt if the government shut down.

I bet Seg Dennison got some calls at the station today. He reported that former NFL head coach and assistant coach Bill O'Brien was the new head coach at Ohio State. He's the new Offensive Coordinator at Ohio State, he's not replacing Ryan Day.

I laugh every couple of months when there is a "threat" of a government shutdown. Does anyone really think that would happen? The nation could come to a screeching halt if the government shut down.
We’ve been over this before. There have been government shutdowns and, no, the nation doesn’t come to a screeching halt.

So why is it a news story?
Another "crisis" to keep us fighting with each other as the people "in charge" go about their merry way getting rich and destroying the country. It's click bait for the "news" -- mo' money mo' money

I might have asked this question before... but what happened to Tracy Jones? was he fired or did he just tire of doing radio

I might have asked this question before... but what happened to Tracy Jones? was he fired or did he just tire of doing radio
Jones only does Brennaman and Jones on baseball for WLW anymore, the 5 minute segment weekdays during the baseball season. It's hard to believe with all the knuckleheads on TV and radio these days, but Jones was just over the top and frankly, I never felt he wanted to work that hard at radio. He just kind of showed up and talked. I thought his strength was the extra innings show after weeknight games. The Eddie / Rocky show just wasn't very good.
Jones is a regular guest on Thom Brennaman's YouTube show Off The Bench. Other than that, not sure what he does. And I never really knew if he was actually a financial planner, or that was a spoof too.

I bet Seg Dennison got some calls at the station today. He reported that former NFL head coach and assistant coach Bill O'Brien was the new head coach at Ohio State. He's the new Offensive Coordinator at Ohio State, he's not replacing Ryan Day.
I just realized today after decades of listening to the Stooge report that Willie and Seg are both named William. Maybe explains their bond. I love those two together.

I agree they are quite a pair together. SEG has seen a lot over the years. Not bad for a high school grad (Colerain HS) without a college degree. Just goes to show if you work your but off and get a break here and there anything is possible.

FYI -- Trumpy gave Bill (SEG) Denison his nickname. Trumpy was amused by SEG's 5h1t eating grin.

It's actually not unusual in the radio industry to see guys like Seg. The started back in another generation, learned along the way, many times the technical stuff before computers took over. Anyone that's been in radio knows there is little earnings in jobs outside of sales and big time hosts, so it's a labor of love and it's all they know. There's a natural bond between the hosts and the news/ weather/ sports / traffic announcers and their banter many times is what is engaging to the listeners.

Another banner day for McConnell. Today he went at the myth/ notion of the pay gap between men and women. And yes, it's a myth that's been proven wrong over and over and over, but the left simply do not listen. The great thing about Mike is he'll call this stuff out because he reads and researches things. Many of these studies over pay only focuses on annual earning of men and women, does not take into account that the do and how many hours are worked. What are some jobs that have become pretty lucrative without college degrees and master's degrees? The trades, plumbing, electrical, construction. Guess what, few women work in those fields because they choose not to. Mike said plumbers are about 99% male. Why isn't there a push for women to learn the plumbing trade? Why is it a "man's" job? I think we know the answer to that.