700 WLW

Darbi Boddy doesn't exactly "get along" with anyone at Lakota. She's also been trespassed from the school district she represents and been censured by the school board. Has made false accusations about the previous Superintendent which was the deciding factor in him leaving the district.
How did she get elected on the school board?

How did she get elected on the school board?
Obviously she received a good amount of Votes. What has she done besides cost taxpayers more money and repeatedly violate District Policy? Her time has been filled with nothing but total non sense and bs! Certainly they didn’t elect her to have their District fall down a bit in the overall District standings/rankings whatever they call it and cost them more money than they already pay!

Obviously she received a good amount of Votes. What has she done besides cost taxpayers more money and repeatedly violate District Policy? Her time has been filled with nothing but total non sense and bs! Certainly they didn’t elect her to have their District fall down a bit in the overall District standings/rankings whatever they call it and cost them more money than they already pay!
Interesting story, you just rarely see public issues like this in school boards. Actually most people want nothing to do with being on school boards, and that's sad. She seems to be on the conservative side and obviously public schools are very liberal. The transgender issues, the I'll call it non-patriotic approach to schools ( pledge of allegiance being banned in most schools, etc.) can certainly be some issues that fan the flames of things. At the end of the day most just throw their hands up and give up.

Don't know if I told this story on this thread yet, but something that happened made me think of it.

Willy was talking about some 'nicely hand written letter' he received by a man named XXXXXX.

My first thought was my old HS english teacher and coach so I texted his daughter and asked if he ever listened to Willy and the answer was yes.
When speaking to XXXX i asked him about it and he said yea, he wrote the letter.

Then on yesterday's eddie trunk show a guy called in, who plays in a band, in the same age range, and mentioned his friend's list and this friend has a very 'unique' name so I texted him and Lord and Behold..........it was a buddy of mine's friend who name dropped him.

small...small worlld

but i digress.

So one thing about radio stations, they'll sell the crap out of just about anything. Have you noticed the last few years there is no shortage of Bengals programming on WLW. Almost daily there are short segments with said host, and either Dave Lapham, Dan Hoard, WLW personalities, coach Zach Taylor. Well obviously the Bengals are cashing in on the recent success and the sponsors line up for this. But.... when things don't go as planned? Heard Mike McConnell on with coach Zach Taylor this morning and you talk about a guy who wants nothing to with talking football is Taylor. The are certainly contracted to do those shows and are paid handsomely to do that, but wow.

And just a side bar on this, and I'm not a Bengals fan so I have a little different perspective. Does anyone have an odd vibe on Joe Burrow these days? He's always seemed very corporate, buttoned up with his media responses and again obviously when things are going well, it's easy. But ever since the injuries started in the summer, very vague, very secretive answers. And then this whole thing with the wrist and the lack of information shared with the NFL. The location of the surgery was never disclosed, even after it was over. I know the team keeps calling it a wrist injury, but boy it looks like and smells like an arm injury akin to Tommy John surgery. Everything is fine, then boom, actute injury and can't throw....and as we know with baseball Tommy John's, it's a full year recovery. Could this sideline super Joe until mid season 2024?

So one thing about radio stations, they'll sell the crap out of just about anything. Have you noticed the last few years there is no shortage of Bengals programming on WLW. Almost daily there are short segments with said host, and either Dave Lapham, Dan Hoard, WLW personalities, coach Zach Taylor. Well obviously the Bengals are cashing in on the recent success and the sponsors line up for this. But.... when things don't go as planned? Heard Mike McConnell on with coach Zach Taylor this morning and you talk about a guy who wants nothing to with talking football is Taylor. The are certainly contracted to do those shows and are paid handsomely to do that, but wow.

And just a side bar on this, and I'm not a Bengals fan so I have a little different perspective. Does anyone have an odd vibe on Joe Burrow these days? He's always seemed very corporate, buttoned up with his media responses and again obviously when things are going well, it's easy. But ever since the injuries started in the summer, very vague, very secretive answers. And then this whole thing with the wrist and the lack of information shared with the NFL. The location of the surgery was never disclosed, even after it was over. I know the team keeps calling it a wrist injury, but boy it looks like and smells like an arm injury akin to Tommy John surgery. Everything is fine, then boom, actute injury and can't throw....and as we know with baseball Tommy John's, it's a full year recovery. Could this sideline super Joe until mid season 2024?
You new to NFL injuries? Teams generally like to keep injury info vague. Everyone was yelling about Lamar Jackson last year because Baltimore only reported it as a leg injury....which is all they have to do. The Bengals would've been covered had they simple reported right arm soreness on the report. Not sure why they thought they needed to hide it.

And I highly doubt the Bengals signed Joey B to a long term guaranteed contract if they knew he had arm issues. That'd void any type of insurance claim the Bengals could file to recoup pay if he were done.

You really like coming up with injury conspiracy theories. None are remotely believable but I respect your hustle

He may be done ? Probably isn't, but may be.

You new to NFL injuries? Teams generally like to keep injury info vague. Everyone was yelling about Lamar Jackson last year because Baltimore only reported it as a leg injury....which is all they have to do. The Bengals would've been covered had they simple reported right arm soreness on the report. Not sure why they thought they needed to hide it.

And I highly doubt the Bengals signed Joey B to a long term guaranteed contract if they knew he had arm issues. That'd void any type of insurance claim the Bengals could file to recoup pay if he were done.

You really like coming up with injury conspiracy theories. None are remotely believable but I respect your hustle
Good point on Jackson, and I really feel he sat purposely last year to get to 100%. I would question his desire to win because you aren't always in position to make a playoff run. He just wasted a year last year. So far he's stayed pretty healthy this year, but he's one play away. I think he's more interested in being rich that winning, unlike guys like Brady and Mahomes. Now is Burrow hurt, yes, not disputing that. I'm just wondering why the Bengals are being vague with his timeline and injuries. The NFL, actually all pro sports uses the HIPPA medical privacy stuff totally to their advantage. I'm actually stunned that as much money as people bet on these games that there isn't more pressure for these teams to disclose more.

Good point on Jackson, and I really feel he sat purposely last year to get to 100%. I would question his desire to win because you aren't always in position to make a playoff run. He just wasted a year last year. So far he's stayed pretty healthy this year, but he's one play away. I think he's more interested in being rich that winning, unlike guys like Brady and Mahomes. Now is Burrow hurt, yes, not disputing that. I'm just wondering why the Bengals are being vague with his timeline and injuries. The NFL, actually all pro sports uses the HIPPA medical privacy stuff totally to their advantage. I'm actually stunned that as much money as people bet on these games that there isn't more pressure for these teams to disclose more.
There were questions whether Lamar would be ready for this year after the injury was revealed...but you still believe he boycotted playing last year?

The rules are in place, and enforced because of legalized gambling. They are only required to be vague in order to protect players privacy.

Is there a conspiracy between the media and the average American that they need to pretend things are miserable? Mike read a report today from someone that stated that it's SOOO difficult for young people to achieve the American dream today. In what way? I would say for those people coming out of high school today, it's the best time EVER! Want to go to college? There are schools all over the country begging for students. Most don't even have any academic requirements anymore. No GPA, no ACT or SAT requirement, you have the money, come on in! Not into school, well unless you live in the sticks somewhere, jobs are EVERYWHERE, and they pay more than they ever have, with more time off and perks than any generation prior. Of course Mike ended it with his 3 rules to live by and you'll be just fine:
1. graduate from high school
2. don't have babies before your married
3. have a job before you quit your current job

Is there a conspiracy between the media and the average American that they need to pretend things are miserable? Mike read a report today from someone that stated that it's SOOO difficult for young people to achieve the American dream today. In what way? I would say for those people coming out of high school today, it's the best time EVER! Want to go to college? There are schools all over the country begging for students. Most don't even have any academic requirements anymore. No GPA, no ACT or SAT requirement, you have the money, come on in! Not into school, well unless you live in the sticks somewhere, jobs are EVERYWHERE, and they pay more than they ever have, with more time off and perks than any generation prior. Of course Mike ended it with his 3 rules to live by and you'll be just fine:
1. graduate from high school
2. don't have babies before your married
3. have a job before you quit your current job
You’re very out of touch. With the exception of the highest-paying professions, many younger Americans must consider working a second job to make ends meet or have anything left for entertainment, much less save up enough to buy a home in the extremely short-supply, extremely expensive housing market. And your spouse, if you can find one, will undoubtedly have to work full time as well, especially if you want a home and any children.

And tuition is astronomical, so many young folks who choose to go to college will deal with crippling debt for many years after school.

The best route honestly is to learn a trade and work your way up that way, but that is rarely pushed by counselors, parents, media, etc. as “prestigious” like college is. And usually those jobs start out pretty low-paying until you have several years of experience under your belt, so two jobs becomes a reality/consideration for awhile.

Meanwhile, young folks face skyrocketing rent and massive inflation on everything from groceries to entertainment to a car. And we all know wages haven’t even come close to keeping up with inflation. And it’s a bleaker picture if you have massive educational debt to pay back.

But yeah, young people have it made in the shade! Gimme a break.

We shouldn’t be surprised that we have an epidemic of people who just give up after trying and failing to keep their head above water, or turn to drugs and alcohol to escape, or silently deal with mental issues. But then we all act surprised when someone’s brain flips a switch and commits violence and say “How could this happen?” The answers are right in front of everyone’s face.

Last edited:
You’re very out of touch. With the exception of the highest-paying professions, many younger Americans must consider working a second job to make ends meet or have anything left for entertainment, much less save up enough to buy a home in the extremely short-supply, extremely expensive housing market. And your spouse, if you can find one, will undoubtedly have to work full time as well, especially if you want a home and any children.

And tuition is astronomical, so many young folks who choose to go to college will deal with crippling debt for many years after school.

The best route honestly is to learn a trade and work your way up that way, but that is rarely pushed by counselors, parents, media, etc. as “prestigious” like college is. And usually those jobs start out pretty low-paying until you have several years of experience under your belt, so two jobs becomes a reality/consideration for awhile.

Meanwhile, young folks face skyrocketing rent and massive inflation on everything from groceries to entertainment to a car. And we all know wages haven’t even come close to keeping up with inflation. And it’s a bleaker picture if you have massive educational debt to pay back.

Ok so let's pull this back point by point and you'll see that I'm not out of touch, the "norms" have just changed. You are drinking their kool-aid.

Many young people have HIGH standards of living, higher than anytime in history. Back up a few generations, more young people today - and I classify that as about 20-35, have nicer cars, go on REGULAR vacations and multiple ones, have internet/ phone / streaming packages, things that people in their 50-60-70s only dreamed of once they were "established".

Now again, I speak in generalities and sure there are some in the category of struggling, but in whole, things are better for young people than ever. And what do you mean in "higher paying" professions? Non skilled laborers in factories are making who show any kind of aptitude are making $25-$30 an hour.
A couple will have to both work full time jobs?? That's the bar for poverty?? Good heavens dude wake up???

Americans problems are not earning, it's spending. Remember the "needs" and "wants" thing?

Your $30 an hour worker cited above can make ends meet if he doesn’t live crazily, but you can forget about being able to save at a high enough rate to stay on target for retirement or be able to save enough to buy a decent home at a young age. And that assumes he doesn’t run into any bad luck health-wise where medical bills start to add up. A second job is going to be necessary to build up appreciable savings, especially if he intends to ever have children.

Another thing to factor in is that cities continue to slowly but surely move away from affordable, moderately priced rental apartments, in lieu of letting a ton of luxury units (apartments/condos) be built up. Many times, if you want to live in a safe neighborhood that has redeeming values to the area, you’ll be forced to compete for a shrinking number of no-frills moderately priced units or otherwise bite the bullet and go more expensive than you’d like, throwing off savings goals and/or requiring a second gig to make the finances work.

Another thing to factor in is that cities continue to slowly but surely move away from affordable, moderately priced rental apartments, in lieu of letting a ton of luxury units (apartments/condos) be built up. Many times, if you want to live in a safe neighborhood that has redeeming values to the area, you’ll be forced to compete for a shrinking number of no-frills moderately priced units or otherwise bite the bullet and go more expensive than you’d like, throwing off savings goals and/or requiring a second gig to make the finances work.
I love the word "affordable" as it's bounced around. Guess what, 40 years ago when I was young, college was EXPENSIVE!! I mean back then all that was talked about was how much college was. So that hasn't changed. Housing. When I was young, looking for housing, same thing. Hard to find, very expensive. So that hasn't changed. You know what has changed? People's expectations and tastes. Yes, if you are single and choose to be and remain single, live on your own without a roommate, it's expensive!! That's not different.
And why are rentals so expensive in cities?? No one wants to be landlords, no one wants to put up with bad tennants, who are the same bad employes, bad citizens that society keeps dragging along.
My OVERALL point is you know the blue print, you know what's out there. Don't do things that make it difficult to save money, to keep jobs and adulting is hard, and it always has been. But today's youth live in a time when there are ALOT of great things going on. Stop enabling them by telling them how bad it is, because it is not.

And why are rentals so expensive in cities?? No one wants to be landlords, no one wants to put up with bad tennants, who are the same bad employes, bad citizens that society keeps dragging along.
Quite the opposite, actually, at least in most decent areas. What I’ve noticed is the same few property management companies buying up an armada of the older, more affordable apartment buildings. Then they make modest-at-best improvements and massively jack up the rent, which in turn makes the rest of the market raise rents in those areas, too. Thus further squeezing young renters.

I’m sure the same thing is happening in the single-family home market as well. Hedge funds, property management companies, etc. buy up a ton of inventory and charge astronomical rental rates for homes, thus lessening the supply of housing and driving up market prices, which obviously most affects first-time home buyers.

And keep in mind that a bunch of apartment, condo and standalone home inventory has been bought up by investors who use the residences for Airbnb rentals, thus lowering supply for actual prospective residents.

Banner day for Mike McConnell, for anyone who's even a casual listener, Mike annually recites his "Mike's sad Christmas" story where he recounts his first, and worst Christmas when he was in college in Dayton and worked overnights at an FM radio station. It's such a great story.

So before that, Mike talked about the "misery index" which honestly I'd never heard of before but it's been around since the 1960s. It's a combination of the unemployment rate and inflation. Mike brought it up today because it's at its lowest point, 6.8% since it's inception. Quite possibly we don't hear much about it because the one thing the media needs is crisis and woe is me going on. This index was in double digits for most of the first 25 years it was out there, topping out at over 16% during the Jimmy Carter administration. Ironically, this index was at it's lowest during the Trump era, which again may tell us some things. It's been in the neighborhood of 10% during the Biden years. So has anyone else ever heard of this misery index?

Banner day for Mike McConnell, for anyone who's even a casual listener, Mike annually recites his "Mike's sad Christmas" story where he recounts his first, and worst Christmas when he was in college in Dayton and worked overnights at an FM radio station. It's such a great story.

So before that, Mike talked about the "misery index" which honestly I'd never heard of before but it's been around since the 1960s. It's a combination of the unemployment rate and inflation. Mike brought it up today because it's at its lowest point, 6.8% since it's inception. Quite possibly we don't hear much about it because the one thing the media needs is crisis and woe is me going on. This index was in double digits for most of the first 25 years it was out there, topping out at over 16% during the Jimmy Carter administration. Ironically, this index was at it's lowest during the Trump era, which again may tell us some things. It's been in the neighborhood of 10% during the Biden years. So has anyone else ever heard of this misery index?
Yes, heard of it (Misery index) Also use to like Mike telling that story. I don’t listen to morning talk before 9 am any more so haven’t heard it in years, actually don’t listen to local talk shows at all come to think of it.

Last edited:

We shouldn’t be surprised that we have an epidemic of people who just give up after trying and failing to keep their head above water, or turn to drugs and alcohol to escape, or silently deal with mental issues. But then we all act surprised when someone’s brain flips a switch and commits violence and say “How could this happen?” The answers are right in front of everyone’s face.
You seem to have a very dark view of the future.

Today is by far the easiest in terms of opportunity for young people to spring forward we have seen in many years. Wages have bounced up around 40% for most jobs in the last three years. This sudden surge has allowed kids (20 -35 years olds) to leave stagnant jobs and careers and get on to financially rewarding jobs. I decided to jump in on the easy times and took a new job a couple months ago. The company has been bidding up to find workers and has been paying new workers in the door more than employees who have been with them for many years.

There are still excellent housing opportunities, just have to curb expectations sometimes. Do you really need every amenity in a home, or can you get by with a simple structure? Buying a fixer upper is still a great way to build near instant equity in your new home. Sure, there are no more $30k homes like in 2008, but find a $200k home ( the same one that was 30k in 2008) and rejuvenate it to near new condition and you probably have $100k plus in home equity. I still believe, discipline, eagerness, deferred gratification and a willingness to work long hours are attributes that will reward a young person in life.

We can't get hung up on what an item costs today vs yesterday. Prices are shifting and sure that $20k car of 2010 is now $50k but if you have changed jobs 10 times since 2010 you are likely earning sufficient money to afford such purchases as a couple $50k cars and the $500k vacation home to go with your $1 million home you call your primary residence.

Yes, heard of it (Misery index) Also use to like Mike telling that story. I don’t listen to morning talk before 9 am any more so haven’t heard it in years, actually don’t listen to local talk shows at all come to think of it.
I listen to Mike daily, and especially if I can between 8-9. He's the best. Sloanie is wishy washy, Cunningham's act is tired. Why they don't slide Mike into one of those slots is beyond me.

You seem to have a very dark view of the future.

Today is by far the easiest in terms of opportunity for young people to spring forward we have seen in many years. Wages have bounced up around 40% for most jobs in the last three years. This sudden surge has allowed kids (20 -35 years olds) to leave stagnant jobs and careers and get on to financially rewarding jobs. I decided to jump in on the easy times and took a new job a couple months ago. The company has been bidding up to find workers and has been paying new workers in the door more than employees who have been with them for many years.

There are still excellent housing opportunities, just have to curb expectations sometimes. Do you really need every amenity in a home, or can you get by with a simple structure? Buying a fixer upper is still a great way to build near instant equity in your new home. Sure, there are no more $30k homes like in 2008, but find a $200k home ( the same one that was 30k in 2008) and rejuvenate it to near new condition and you probably have $100k plus in home equity. I still believe, discipline, eagerness, deferred gratification and a willingness to work long hours are attributes that will reward a young person in life.

We can't get hung up on what an item costs today vs yesterday. Prices are shifting and sure that $20k car of 2010 is now $50k but if you have changed jobs 10 times since 2010 you are likely earning sufficient money to afford such purchases as a couple $50k cars and the $500k vacation home to go with your $1 million home you call your primary residence.
This is the post of the day!!! I think the key is what kids....opportunities!!! That's all that was "supposed" to happen. And in 2023, weather your male, female, black, white, brown, asian, trans, gay, bi whatever, there are OPPORTUNITIES out there for you!!! Do not listen to the media who tells you how bad things are, they are not "reporting" anymore. They are pushing a liberal agenda and a liberals job is to tell you you can't do it, you need the government's help.
In 2024 the theme was what??? Inflation. What have I seen the last couple of weeks? Record sales, Amazon, Fex Ex, UPS trucks delivering packages all over creation. People are spending money, people are traveling more than ever.

Heard a clip yesterday from Mike Dewine, stating the need to get these marijuana dispensaries open and running. I couldn't help but think, can you imagine if you somehow went into a coma in 1980, then woke up today and saw the difference the way drugs are perceived?
Remember "just say no" and the anti-drug campaigns. Now we practically encourage drug use? It's still hard for me to believe so many has done a 180 on this.

Heard a clip yesterday from Mike Dewine, stating the need to get these marijuana dispensaries open and running. I couldn't help but think, can you imagine if you somehow went into a coma in 1980, then woke up today and saw the difference the way drugs are perceived?
Remember "just say no" and the anti-drug campaigns. Now we practically encourage drug use? It's still hard for me to believe so many has done a 180 on this.
It's because the people of Ohio voted for it by a strong margin. It is now legal in Ohio. And the only way people can get it is from the black market or going to Michigan and Michigan getting all those tax dollars. And we've done a ton more research since the 1980s...turns out weed wasn't nearly as harmful as that alcohol stuff

However, there's a group within the Republican Party are trying to overturn the people's vote. Others saying how voters didn't know what they were voting on.

I'm one of the people who have done a 180, not on personal use but on legal vs illegal. Mike McConnell was actually the first person I recall who supported legalization and I was incensed at the very idea back in the late 80's.

It just makes sense today, make it legal, remove some of the risk and thereby reduce the market cost, which should actually stop some of the people pushing the product.

The other part of it is we allow gambling, the lottery, alchohol and many other self destructive modes of conduct, so why not allow a little intoxication of the mind with a natural herb? Coffee and tobacco should not have the market cornered on minor mind altering medications.

It's because the people of Ohio voted for it by a strong margin. It is now legal in Ohio. And the only way people can get it is from the black market or going to Michigan and Michigan getting all those tax dollars. And we've done a ton more research since the 1980s...turns out weed wasn't nearly as harmful as that alcohol stuff

However, there's a group within the Republican Party are trying to overturn the people's vote. Others saying how voters didn't know what they were voting on.
👍 Don’t hear much about someone smoking weed who starts a fight or beats their spouse/kid. But alcohol, well, that is frequently.

Last edited:
I'm OK with legalizing drug use for adults, as long as none of my tax dollars are used for rehabilitation. If you choose to use the drugs to get the "reward" then you also take on risk. Your choice - not my responsibility.

No one is paying for my diet drugs after I got addicted to Wendy's. My choice - my responsibility.

As soon as I hear people wholehearted say that "marijuana made my life better" I'm always going to be a No on that. It's a gateway drug. I just simply can't believe people are so obtuse about this. I'd love to interview those who've had drug addictions and ask them how they got started. I'll guarantee you here is the case for about 80% of them.
1. started smoking cigarettes as a kid
2. tried marijuana
3. moved onto hardcore drugs, cocaine, LSD, etc.

The only reason states are permitting it now is to tax it and make money on it. It's just such a sad story, IMO.

I'm one of the people who have done a 180, not on personal use but on legal vs illegal. Mike McConnell was actually the first person I recall who supported legalization and I was incensed at the very idea back in the late 80's.

It just makes sense today, make it legal, remove some of the risk and thereby reduce the market cost, which should actually stop some of the people pushing the product.

The other part of it is we allow gambling, the lottery, alchohol and many other self destructive modes of conduct, so why not allow a little intoxication of the mind with a natural herb? Coffee and tobacco should not have the market cornered on minor mind altering medications.
So if someone has a gun in their hand, we should just hand them ammunition? Interesting theory.
Look, I'm as big of Mike fan as there is, but I do not and never will agree with this. MEDICAL marijuana...Absolutely! If you can't find anything else that works and pot is it, have at it. We do that with all kinds of controlled substances.
Again, one of our countries biggest issues now is addiction, both drugs AND alcohol. Alcohol has got a pass for years and years and I can't believe the countless numbers of people's lives that's been destroyed by alcohol. And we just let it go. Not only that we encourage it.
I know the alcohol debate is gone, that's over. But can't we at least limit and restrict illegal drugs? I'll tell you this, it's not going to go well, and mainly for the young folks. Many never tried pot simply because it was illegal. There will be large consequences from this.

I'm OK with legalizing drug use for adults, as long as none of my tax dollars are used for rehabilitation. If you choose to use the drugs to get the "reward" then you also take on risk. Your choice - not my responsibility.

No one is paying for my diet drugs after I got addicted to Wendy's. My choice - my responsibility.
Yea, good luck with that. Rehabilitation is one of the fastest growing businesses out there. And we just create more addicts annually.