2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Interesting that folks on here seem to indicate LaSalle is not a good job and Hamilton is a good job.

Yet the Hamilton Coach jumps from a D1 GMC job to a DIII or DIV GCL job? Thoughts on why?
Higgins is an X Alum. He knows GCL Basketball as a League that is still respected. Next yr or the yr after he will get to Coach his son who is a 7th or 8th Grader at St. James. That’s the Why in my opinioin. Certainly not about Basketball talent currently at LaSalle or Money!

Per multiple sources, Kevin Higgins has been named the head coach at LaSalle. Thanks to everyone that had word on this one for the assist!

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
CHCA -------------------------—------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim)
Madeira--------------------------------Rick Rockwell
Depaul Cristo Rey---------------------Brandon Elliott
Norwood------------------------------Jason Bose
Hamilton-------------------------------Kevin Higgins

Filled:
Roger Bacon——————————-Mike Nozska
Talawanda-----------------------------Rodney Barrett
Clinton Massie------------------------Dustin Eads
Lynchburg-Clay-----------------------Kyle Pertuset
West Clermont------------------------Brandon Grammer
Middletown Christian-----------------Ryan Fairchild
LaSalle---------------------------------Kevin Higgins

Interesting that folks on here seem to indicate LaSalle is not a good job and Hamilton is a good job.

Yet the Hamilton Coach jumps from a D1 GMC job to a DIII or DIV GCL job? Thoughts on why?
I don't believe Hamilton is a good job I think they graduated the class they were very high on so the next step is make the move to the GCL and see if you can build a powerhouse there good luck to him!

In response to Higgins leaving Hamilton for the GCL south:

I am a fan of SWOhio and have always followed the GMC.
Hot take: The GMC is not the powerhouse conference in the big three sports as some people think. A lot of people close to the GMC tout the GMC like it is the best conference in the state and it just isn't! As far a coach's perspective, the GMC is a tough place to coach. Not only do you have to coach and meet unrealistic community expectations, you have to get kids to and from practice, feed them, shower them, put deodorant on them, and even house them at times. There is a lot more than coaching at a lot of these GMC schools and Hamilton is definitely one that you have to do a lot more than "coach."

His son will be an 8th grader next year and goes to private grade school. Don’t think he was ever going to send his son to Hamilton. Now he’ll get a chance to coach his son at LaSalle. I’m not saying one job is better than the other, but I’m sure his family situation was the major factor.
Oh for the love of god, another athletic department hiring a parent that's going to coach his son. I didn't know this, and I hate how every coach or administrator lately has been somehow connected to coaching or working where their kid goes.

HS athletics has become the poster child for nepo hires. I hate it.

Oh for the love of god, another athletic department hiring a parent that's going to coach his son. I didn't know this, and I hate how every coach or administrator lately has been somehow connected to coaching or working where their kid goes.

Worked with cronin and fleming for the love of god

I have heard his son is very good.

I can certainly understand this thought. One big difference is the kid and dad (coach) are very good. Higgins always had Hamilton competitive even with lesser teams. I assume he will be bringing in his sons backcourt mate from James who is also very good.

Can't blame him. Who wants to miss their kid's stuff? So it's either quit coaching all together or find a place where you can coach your kid. No coach is going to coach at one school while his kid plays somewhere else.

I can certainly understand this thought. One big difference is the kid and dad (coach) are very good. Higgins always had Hamilton competitive even with lesser teams. I assume he will be bringing in his sons backcourt mate from James who is also very good.
It's not so much that he's going to bring over a kid that isn't very good, it's that coaches and administrators seemed more concerned with this type of thing, or hiring coaches to push their own personal agendas. This seems more important now than actually improving a sports team or raising the bar for athletics.

It's just a bunch of people building alliances so they can keep jobs.

I don’t prefer the way LaSalle handled this situation but it makes sense and you really have to wonder if this was in the works for a while. LaSalle is bleeding enrollment and Elder has been making great strides with recruiting from St James & ST I’which are LaSalles’ 2 main feeder schools. Goedde, while having about as much LaSalle spirit as anyone, has a personality that you love him or hate him plus his hire was contentious within the LaSalle Community. LaSalle is now bringing in a coach with big school experience from a competitive league that lives in the feeder school system with a son that is a very good player that can possibly attract other good athletes along with students from the white oak area.

He needs to strengthen their grade school AAU program to compete with the Westside Panthers. The westside kids that aren't part of the inner circle of kids that get to play on the Westside teams should be his main market. There is a ton of missed talent because daddys are just taking their kids and their friends.

Oh, you're a 5th grader who can't get on a team because his dad didn't play at Elder, come over with us, and we will give you opportunity to show that you can play. If I was him, it would be the first thing I did.

I assume he will be bringing in his sons backcourt mate from James who is also very good.
Current seventh graders, right? If we're talking about the same mate here, I figured that was already a thing since his dad is a La Salle grad. Of course, I could be completely off.

Current seventh graders, right? If we're talking about the same mate here, I figured that was already a thing since his dad is a La Salle grad. Of course, I could be completely off.
It's a good duo at St James, but not sure either become stars in high school. They're no different than the best players on most westside teams. Good players, but typical of what teams like Elder and LaSalle get. Good skills, but both are very small.

Kind of similar to the Weber kid that ended up at St X who @Omar drooled over for 5 years before realizing he's just your typical GCL athlete.

It's a good duo at St James, but not sure either become stars in high school. They're no different than the best players on most westside teams. Good players, but typical of what teams like Elder and LaSalle get. Good skills, but both are very small.

Kind of similar to the Weber kid that ended up at St X.
Again, if I'm thinking of the right kid, he's a little better than "no different than the best players on most westside teams." Maybe a bit small, though. After watching my first season of the A level this year, this kid from James and one from Ignatius were absolutely heads and shoulders above everyone else in the league.

Kevin Higgins was hired because of his ability and experience to run the basketball program right now.

His son ( a 7th grader ) and his son's current AAU teammates ( if they choose La Salle ) may affect the team in 2 or 3 years.

His son will be an 8th grader next year and goes to private grade school. Don’t think he was ever going to send his son to Hamilton. Now he’ll get a chance to coach his son at LaSalle. I’m not saying one job is better than the other, but I’m sure his family situation was the major factor.
I was going to bring this up, I thought he went to St. James last I knew of. Figured Kevin’s couldn’t pass up the chance to coach his son. Also, I am sure he getting a discount if not free tuition.

He needs to strengthen their grade school AAU program to compete with the Westside Panthers. The westside kids that aren't part of the inner circle of kids that get to play on the Westside teams should be his main market. There is a ton of missed talent because daddys are just taking their kids and their friends.

Oh, you're a 5th grader who can't get on a team because his dad didn't play at Elder, come over with us, and we will give you opportunity to show that you can play. If I was him, it would be the first thing I did.
There are literally 3 teams at almost every level of the Panthers program with tryouts going into 7th and 8th grade for Spring/Summer AAU. If you can't find a Panther team to play on it's because the kid or parents don't care. You already know all of this but figured I would reiterate it.

There are literally 3 teams at almost every level of the Panthers program with tryouts going into 7th and 8th grade for Spring/Summer AAU. If you can't find a Panther team to play on it's because the kid or parents don't care. You already know all of this but figured I would reiterate it.
LOL - yeah but the "top" team is the one that's completely manipulated and shut off for any kid not part of the connected crew. These are the teams at every level where the coaches and the kids are hand-picked (and not always the best players in the grade). These are teams controlled by the daddy's who would have their world destroyed if their kid doesn't make Elder.

The "other" teams are left to fend for themselves and find their own coaches. No one pays one lick of attention to them once the teams are picked. It's not a "program" - it's an elitist group of dads manipulating it how they want masquerading that they care about "development" - all they care about is keeping their kid on that top team, because they know those are the kids Elder is going to pick on their rosters.

You already know all of this but figured I would reiterate.

You nailed it! Hilarious that Know it All Trey was unaware of this and is extremely upset about Higgins Coaching his son in the future. Trey can’t figure out that legacy,tradition and some nepotism is what actually keeps many private schools going in many aspects.

Coach Higgins doesn’t have to do what you suggest. He already has a very solid spring/summer Team that’s pretty good at that Age group. This also why he a Varsity HC and You are not.

Per WCPO, Woodward is looking for a coach to replace Jarelle Redden who has stepped down to accept an assistant job at South Carolina State.

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
CHCA -------------------------—------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim)
Madeira--------------------------------Rick Rockwell
Depaul Cristo Rey---------------------Brandon Elliott
Norwood------------------------------Jason Bose
Hamilton-------------------------------Kevin Higgins
Woodward-----------------------------Jarelle Redden

Filled:
Roger Bacon——————————-Mike Nozska
Talawanda-----------------------------Rodney Barrett
Clinton Massie------------------------Dustin Eads
Lynchburg-Clay-----------------------Kyle Pertuset
West Clermont------------------------Brandon Grammer
Middletown Christian-----------------Ryan Fairchild
LaSalle---------------------------------Kevin Higgins

LOL - yeah but the "top" team is the one that's completely manipulated and shut off for any kid not part of the connected crew. These are the teams at every level where the coaches and the kids are hand-picked (and not always the best players in the grade). These are teams controlled by the daddy's who would have their world destroyed if their kid doesn't make Elder.

The "other" teams are left to fend for themselves and find their own coaches. No one pays one lick of attention to them once the teams are picked. It's not a "program" - it's an elitist group of dads manipulating it how they want masquerading that they care about "development" - all they care about is keeping their kid on that top team, because they know those are the kids Elder is going to pick on their rosters.

You already know all of this but figured I would reiterate.
For the older teams there are roughly 12-15 kids who make the team due to other conflicts (baseball for example)

6th grade and below teams can be Coached by anyone and they pick the kids they want on the team. If Panthers actually had A and B teams at the younger level they would be very good as the top team. Elder doesn't want that because it would turn kids away. Having 2/3 teams at every level keeps kids interested while developing a ton of other players.

you have no idea what you are talking about with this topic.

For the older teams there are roughly 12-15 kids who make the team due to other conflicts (baseball for example)

6th grade and below teams can be Coached by anyone and they pick the kids they want on the team. If Panthers actually had A and B teams at the younger level they would be very good as the top team. Elder doesn't want that because it would turn kids away. Having 2/3 teams at every level keeps kids interested while developing a ton of other players.

you have no idea what you are talking about with this topic.
Complete and utter BS.

The "top" team in every grade has its coach handpicked (typically a former player and buddy) - they fill that team out with the coach's kids and whoever the coach asks (usually the athletes of kids they know and hang with, and likely other daddies). This team RARELY has any turnover from 3rd-8th grade. The dads on the top teams make sure of it that way. They don't have tryouts, and the kids that are on these top teams are 98% the kids that make the team in 7th and 8th grade and through high school. To deny that is hilarious.

As I said, those not on the top team are virtually ignored. As I said, a random dad has to coach (it's not a program), and everyone else watches while the other kids get open access to Elder when all of the other teams pretty much fend for themselves. There are virtually ZERO examples of kids playing on teams 2, 3 or 4 that end up making the high school team. It's manipulated for the precious 8-9 EVERY year.

Stop making things up to make your buddies look like they're in it for the development of all. That's hilarious!!! The team coming in year after year is set in stone by 3rd grade. There's no possible way you can disagree with that, because that's exactly what happens. People make a joke of how predictable the Elder roster will be because it's set in stone in 3rd grade. Development for all - that's hilarious.

Elder's freshman rotation of kids that will get minutes is already picked and has been for 3-4 years. You're a moron if you think otherwise. This is nothing new. It's been the same for 20 years. The daddy politics are stealing the upside of the basketball program, because the entitled core has to ensure their kids are on rosters.

Last edited:
It's also funny how some of the dads hang on and kiss a** to the program decision makers. That's what's most hilarious. Scared to death their kid won't play for Elder. Oh the humanity!! And frankly, many of them are very average, and there are kids just as good that really never get a shot.