2023 TRC football

Ansonia seems like they have a real good strength program. Miami East, Lehman and Riverside scores kinda shocked me. Everyone else was pretty much expected. Lehman putting up over 70 is an eye opener.

^^^ dude ain’t joking. Lehman put up 76 vs Perry. Milton gave up 12 vs Nat Trail, a team that hasn’t scored a point vs them in 2 tries. That is more telling than their offensive production to me. Youth, speed, or the lack of, and indecision will get them next week. They just need to play hard and get out of that one unscathed. That will be a win. Valley View just reloads every year. Oakwood will be tough. That one typically gets heated. Lehman scares me in the TRC.
I see Milton losing its first TRC games this season. Pearce and Co are getting 110% out of these kids. I think the difference in the Marion Local’s, Versailles, Valley View’s and Coldwater’s and Milton is the kids commitment in the off-season and participation. 30 Kids in 4 grades at Milton is a shame. They should be in the 50’s and 60’s. What are these kids doing in the fall? Pearce is a great coach and will get the most out of this group. As the years accumulate under his tutelage, the kids will expect the best. It’s his program! He’s the winningest coach at MU.
My power ratings:
1. Lehman
2. Miami East
3. Milton
4. Riverside
5. Northridge
6. Bethel
7. Troy Christian
8. Covington

^^^ dude ain’t joking. Lehman put up 76 vs Perry. Milton gave up 12 vs Nat Trail, a team that hasn’t scored a point vs them in 2 tries. That is more telling than their offensive production to me. Youth, speed, or the lack of, and indecision will get them next week. They just need to play hard and get out of that one unscathed. That will be a win. Valley View just reloads every year. Oakwood will be tough. That one typically gets heated. Lehman scares me in the TRC.
I see Milton losing its first TRC games this season. Pearce and Co are getting 110% out of these kids. I think the difference in the Marion Local’s, Versailles, Valley View’s and Coldwater’s and Milton is the kids commitment in the off-season and participation. 30 Kids in 4 grades at Milton is a shame. They should be in the 50’s and 60’s. What are these kids doing in the fall? Pearce is a great coach and will get the most out of this group. As the years accumulate under his tutelage, the kids will expect the best. It’s his program! He’s the winningest coach at MU.
My power ratings:
1. Lehman
2. Miami East
3. Milton
4. Riverside
5. Northridge
6. Bethel
7. Troy Christian
8. Covington
Lehman isn’t too shabby they gave Ansonia some troubles in their scrimmage. Their receivers are decent nothing special but get the job done. Riverside is a really good athletic team just played undisciplined and both their lines were gassed by Ansonia’s rushing attack.

However Ansonia went 3 and out on their opening possession and shanked a punt Riverside had the ball at their 45 and their RB broke 2 tackles and took it to the crib their first play. After that Ansonia pretty much dominated that game

My power ratings:
1. Lehman
2. Miami East
3. Milton
4. Riverside
5. Northridge
6. Bethel
7. Troy Christian
8. Covington
I agree Milton should never have under 40 kids. From what I heard the middle school coach the last few years was not helping and a bunch of kids quit football. Not sure how true that is just rumors. I think Milton still wins league this year. You could see as the game went on the kids started playing better. My guess is most games are going to be close games but coach Pearce and coach a put the boys in great position to win the games.

I have faith in Coach Pearce and his system. This team will improve as the year goes on. The Dogs have size. They just lack in depth, team speed and athleticism. Pearce will get them to play as a unit.

From what I saw, Valley View will beat them, easily. Seemed that Milton was slow, except for #17, and they didn’t know where they should be on certain plays. Youth and inexperience? Riverside shot themselves in the foot. Ansonia is a good team. I still think the Pirates take the TRC this year. If Milton has injuries, their season could be over quickly. They only had 30ish kids. Looks like Lehman has a nice team too. West Milton must have replaced their turf, it looked excellent.

My power ratings:
1. Lehman
2. Miami East
3. Milton
4. Riverside
5. Northridge
6. Bethel
7. Troy Christian
8. Covington
1. Riverside
2. Milton U
3. Miami E
4. Lehman
5. Bethel
6. Northridge
7. Troy Chr
8. Covington

1. Riverside
2. Milton U
3. Miami E
4. Lehman
5. Bethel
6. Northridge
7. Troy Chr
8. Covington
i think Northridge will be higher. the Greeneview coach did an interview about the game on saturday and it sounded like the polar bears were no pushover. here’s what i predict:

1. Riverside
2. Milton Union
3. Northridge
4. Lehman Catholic
5. Miami East
6. Bethel
7. Troy Christian
8. Covington

i think Northridge will be higher. the Greeneview coach did an interview about the game on saturday and it sounded like the polar bears were no pushover. here’s what i predict:

1. Riverside
2. Milton Union
3. Northridge
4. Lehman Catholic
5. Miami East
6. Bethel
7. Troy Christian
8. Covington
GV beat up Milton in a scrimmage, 28-0.

I don't know that you can take a great deal from VV's win over Ponitz. I will say, that Henson is a three year starting QB though and has looked very good. I think he's going to have a huge season, make VV very tough to beat.

Don't know much about Northeastern. Is that a game Riverside should win?
NE is a very sound program. Riverside might struggle with them. I’d lean towards NE winning a close game.

anyone up for some picks?
Valley View @ Milton-Valley View 42-13 (this one kills me).
Lehman @ Southeastern- Lehman 49-0
Miami East @ Carlisle- Carlisle 42-6
Ansonia @ Covington- Ansonia 49-0
Bethel @ Kenton Ridge- Kenton Ridge 35-13
Northridge @ Oakwood- Oakwood 25-12
Riverside @ Northeastern- NE 28-21
SCC @ Troy Christian- SCC 14-9

Last edited: