2023 TRC football

Ansonia beat the brakes off TC. Lehman big brothered mississinawa and Green (from south east ohio). Lehman and ansonia scrimmage this friday, will be a good match up.

I heard the Offense was not very good but heard the defense held their own. Milton was missing their two best players as well. No excuse though Greenview did beat them
Scrimmages seem to get too much attention. Not expecting much from Milton this year. Maybe they are preparing for a long season. Greene view is a decent program.

LC looked average against very below average mississinewa and Green. O-line is BAD! Looks worse than last year. D will struggle. QB is all they have. Riverside, Bethel and maybe Northridge/ ME should be Top 3, but don't count MU out. JV played a lot. Covington, TC, LC bring up the rear...maybe 2/3 wins when they play each other.

I think with a new coach and staff in place, I think East will be in for an improved season getting closer to where the program should be. Bethel might just be the team to beat this year. If they stay healthy Riverside could be right there though. Covington in for a loooong year. Milton numbers are waa low and sounds like they may be in for a long year as well. And looks like they have brookville friday which might get really out of hand if that the case. Haven’t heard too much about any othe r teams?

Scrimmages seem to get too much attention. Not expecting much from Milton this year. Maybe they are preparing for a long season. Greene view is a decent program.
Though coaches try to keep things vanilla in scrimmages the talent can't hide. I like seeing the scrimmages because that is were the kids are fighting for a spot on Friday night and I think sometimes coaches will find a diamond going forward. The TRC should be interesting this year and with MU being down, it opens a lot of possibilities. Love everything about Riverside and hope they finish with a title.

Though coaches try to keep things vanilla in scrimmages the talent can't hide. I like seeing the scrimmages because that is were the kids are fighting for a spot on Friday night and I think sometimes coaches will find a diamond going forward. The TRC should be interesting this year and with MU being down, it opens a lot of possibilities. Love everything about Riverside and hope they finish with a title.
I agree, although I will say its easier to see which teams are going to be just awful and more difficult to see which teams will be really good. Sort of goes to the talent can't hide. You can spot when a team has very little talent, but if a team is decently talented they could go 5-5 or 9-1 depending on how they level up during the year. We seem to be getting conflicting reports on LC. Riverside seems to have a good team along with Milton. People seem to be up on Bethel, but havent heard anything about their first scrimmage. Anyone on the thread catch that?

I know MU lost a great senior class, but how far back can we expect the Dogs to be this season? They've been the top team in the TRC and the margin had been rather large.

The Pirates travel to old WCOC foe Triad for their final scrimmage on Friday. Another OHC team that made the playoffs last season after scrimmaging WLS last week. Hope we get to see more this week, Pirates were a little vanilla against WLS. (Understandably so, but still.)

I know MU lost a great senior class, but how far back can we expect the Dogs to be this season? They've been the top team in the TRC and the margin had been rather large.
Maybe, but Valley View’s was better in the end. Did the lack of competition in the TRC doom Milton? I heard a lot about that last fall. I think Milton and Riverside will be a blow out in favor of the Pirates. Some payback for those kids. I think Lehman and Bethel can beat MU this year. Pearce is a great coach, but he might have too little to work with.

Riverside over Triad 39-12

was 33-6 when Riverside’s varsity got pulled. Looked like Triad’s first team stayed in for a a while longer and scored on the JV

Ahhhh. Y’all miss me!? The story is that I got tired of all the immaturity on here. Not picking on one poster. There are those that really don’t like me. Whatever. It was more about my health and my career. Retirement is fun, so far. Wish you all the best this year. Go Dogs. I think Riverside and Lehman are favorites in ‘23.

Ahhhh. Y’all miss me!? The story is that I got tired of all the immaturity on here. Not picking on one poster. There are those that really don’t like me. Whatever. It was more about my health and my career. Retirement is fun, so far. Wish you all the best this year. Go Dogs. I think Riverside and Lehman are favorites in ‘23.
It's nice to have you back Blessem! I hope that your health is on the upswing.

Last edited:
Welcome back, DUDE!!!! Prayers for you in that retirement and hope you can drop in from time to time on here. Your posts and insight and the best.

My man coming in like Bobby Boucher at halftime of the Bourbon Bowl