2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about "resting", but it did seem that there were more players being rotated in than usual.
I was talking about some guys dressed/not dressed last night that didn’t play a snap. But you’re right we did rotate some more guys again because we had a couple guys back last night.

For those that don't subscribe to the rep.. What was said?
Does it matter where St. Ed plays?

McKinley's home, Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, is an Eagles' field of dreams.

They won the 2022 and 2021 state championships at Benson. They took the 2018 state title there.
Maybe location matters a little.

St. Ed's has serious trouble finding regular-season opponents. The Eagles have agreed to playing at Massillon.

Their only 2023 loss was at Massillon. Their only 2022 loss was at Massillon. They won at Massillon in 2021.

"We would like to have a home and home with Massillon," St. Edward athletic director Kevin Hickman near the Eagles' bench Friday.
Hickman said there is no contract for a 2024 game at this point.

Does it matter where St. Ed plays?

McKinley's home, Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, is an Eagles' field of dreams.

They won the 2022 and 2021 state championships at Benson. They took the 2018 state title there.
Maybe location matters a little.

St. Ed's has serious trouble finding regular-season opponents. The Eagles have agreed to playing at Massillon.

Their only 2023 loss was at Massillon. Their only 2022 loss was at Massillon. They won at Massillon in 2021.

"We would like to have a home and home with Massillon," St. Edward athletic director Kevin Hickman near the Eagles' bench Friday.
Hickman said there is no contract for a 2024 game at this point.
I wonder why they’ve had such a hard time finding opponents? Do we really need to go there? We don’t need them on the schedule, that’s what they don’t understand. We’re basically doing them a favor. Tough 💩 you played down here the last couple years, be glad you had a game to play. I wish all public schools would stick it up these “Catholic” schools azzz’s and stop playing them in the regular season. It won’t happen, but I’d love to see it

I wonder why they’ve had such a hard time finding opponents? Do we really need to go there? We don’t need them on the schedule, that’s what they don’t understand. We’re basically doing them a favor. Tough 💩 you played down here the last couple years, be glad you had a game to play. I wish all public schools would stick it up these “Catholic” schools azzz’s and stop playing them in the regular season. It won’t happen, but I’d love to see it

The most loaded and dominant D1 private school in Ohio that is double our size just wants to even the playing field, that's all. 🤷‍♂️

I agree with you, if Ed or Hoban want to be the IMG of Ohio and win all the titles then there is a small price for that. If they want to drop us then go ahead.

I know it’s ridiculous ! Screw em’ ! We don’t need them and in reality with how the playoffs are setup we don’t need to play 10 games either. I’m sure they get more money playing here than they do playing anyone else. Im sure Lombardo took it to the media to make us look bad and try to make us say oh ok we will play in Lakewood.

I know it’s ridiculous ! Screw em’ ! We don’t need them and in reality with how the playoffs are setup we don’t need to play 10 games either. I’m sure they get more money playing here than they do playing anyone else. Im sure Lombardo took it to the media to make us look bad and try to make us say oh ok we will play in Lakewood.
They absolutely have been so publicly vocal about it as a way to pressure Massillon into taking games up there.

They absolutely have been so publicly vocal about it as a way to pressure Massillon into taking games up there.
Yep you and 82 are exactly right. We don’t need that game at all. And I can tell you that after the game was over this year, I had a woman from Ed’s, possibly a mother? But she was complaining and whining about us only playing down here. So this was in their heads before we beat them, again. That’s just the excuse they wanted to use for getting beat by a public school. These schools and some of their backers/supporters kill me. All I said to her was be glad we scheduled the game at all and you had an hour to travel instead of playing a team out of state. Like I said we could go in on this all day.

It’s a good series with Ed’s.
It’s not like the Moeller or Ignatius hump.
Probably not a good look if they end it on their end.
But at the end of the day we need games too…….

It’s a good series with Ed’s.
It’s not like the Moeller or Ignatius hump.
Probably not a good look if they end it on their end.
But at the end of the day we need games too…….
You’re right, I agree with you. I’m just saying we do not need them. I believe most of the time schools would rather play us than a private powerhouse like Ed’s is.

Or call Moeller or Elder or X if we want some top notch D1 teams to come in.
I like the idea of playing Elder.. They played ed's week 4 and we played the team from Indiana week 4. So we slide into week 4 next year to take ed's place, they can go find someone else in week 4...I dont know the contract situation if that would be open but if so it would be funny...Ed's can go fill weeks 4 and 5 with someone else..in the meantime we do a home and home with Elder which would further add to the humor.. Plus it just would be cool because "The Pit" and Paul Brown Tiger stadium are probably the two best places to view high school football.. And even though they're farther away they will travel well, Elder will bring more fans and add to the atmosphere, their fans are rabid like us and of course we will fill the "Pit". I'm sure we can find a week 5 opponent...I do like the Ed's fans that show up on here, they're cool so no disrespect to them....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.