2023 Football

I had the same question. They used to put calendar info on letsgobigmoe.com but not anymore. Along with the 7 on 7 schedule, what does the scrimmage schedule look like?
Winton Woods was last week. I knew that from WW dudes.
Massillon posters say Tigers scrimmage Moe here on Aug 10.
Nothing else seen or heard.

Off topic but has anyone heard anything about the young man that was QB and transferred to Withrow?
There was a write up about Withrow on tristateFB. He is mentioned there.

There was a write up about Withrow on tristateFB. He is mentioned there.
Thank you.........hope it all works out for him. I am sure it was a tough decision as many of us know Moeller led us to lifetime friendships.

Thank you.........hope it all works out for him. I am sure it was a tough decision as many of us know Moeller led us to lifetime friendships.
The Enquirer has a story today on the top QB's!!!!! Maybe I should have waited. LOL. Two of the top 10 are Moe transfers. Hope the young man that took over last year is back this year. GBM.

Well, the 2023 schedule has finally been posted on the Moeller Athletic website (including the venues for all except the X game) and as predicted on here, home games will be played at Mount St. Joes. This is a very disappointing outcome but I do understand the predicament the school is in. I just hope they find a way to broadcast the games live including video because other than parents and students and the most fervent I can't see many fans making the trek to Delhi on a Friday evening during rush hour traffic. This is literally a one hour one way trip from any of the northern or eastern burbs. With seating capped at 1800 and stands on only one side of the stadium it will not provide the atmosphere that we all have come to appreciate at Moeller football games. I don't want to be critical of the situation but I am disappointed that I may not see a game in person until the X game and then the playoffs. By the way, would any home playoff games be at The Mount? This would be even more troublesome. GBM 💪 🏈

Last edited:
Cmon, this isn't the end of the world. I would people would at least make the trek a couple times.

Leave early, grab a bite downtown, and you'll be fine.
Not the end of world but it’s a terrible decision. Add in the road games in Indy, Cleveland, Detroit and there is something like 1500 miles traveling for the players. Think students are going? Like another poster mentioned the school was not transparent about this situation and that makes it worse. But then again seems about right. Feel bad for players students and parents this season.

Not the end of world but it’s a terrible decision. Add in the road games in Indy, Cleveland, Detroit and there is something like 1500 miles traveling for the players. Think students are going? Like another poster mentioned the school was not transparent about this situation and that makes it worse. But then again seems about right. Feel bad for players students and parents this season.
The X game is going to be at Welcome Stadium. So add that to the list of travel. They haven't posted it yet, but that's where its going to be.

The stadium situation has been discussed on here at nausea for months. I'm sure Moeller did all they could to get back to Norwood/Lockland. For whatever reason it didn't happen. Time to move on and get behind this 2023 team, which is going to be very good and fun to watch.

I think it would be hilarious to see a bunch of Moe people at Chandler's Burger Bistro in Delhi every Friday night. Might as well make the best of it.

Every westsider would say you came over to recruit players 😂
Better yet, Price Hill Chili, it's only 10 minutes from Mt. Saint Joe :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I like your recruiting comment, we'll have to put those Recruited By Moeller t-shirts back into production and hand them out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Defense is looking pretty good. Offensive line is looking better each week. Have to stay healthy. The kids are probably use to traveling. It’s tough to stay on top, especially in Cincy R4. The atmosphere will be weird for a while. Week 3 is a trap game. At East Central, IN will be very physical.
Defense is looking pretty good. Offensive line is looking better each week. Have to stay healthy. The kids are probably use to traveling. It’s tough to stay on top, especially in Cincy R4. The atmosphere will be weird for a while. Week 3 is a trap game. At East Central, IN will be very physical.

Looks like Moe going to 3-3-5 Defense vs 4-3 they ran under Mark Elder.

Looks like Moe going to 3-3-5 Defense vs 4-3 they ran under Mark Elder.
Considering new DC Nick Sharp’s history, it makes sense. He most recently was a defensive analyst for the UC Football program the past few years. In that time, they ran a 3-3-5 scheme that was shaped by former DC (now ND HC) Marcus Freeman’s influence. 3 down lineman, 3 linebackers, 2 safeties, and 3 corners with the nickel sometimes being subbed out for a bigger linebacker/safety hybrid on running downs. It’s a defense that relies on lots of unique pressures and blitzes that are shown pre-snap or post-snap with a lot of man coverage or 1-high zone in the backend. The Bearcats defense has ranked amongst the very top of college football in defensive efficiency and pass defense the past few years, so its certainly a successful model to build the new zone defense around.

Considering new DC Nick Sharp’s history, it makes sense. He most recently was a defensive analyst for the UC Football program the past few years. In that time, they ran a 3-3-5 scheme that was shaped by former DC (now ND HC) Marcus Freeman’s influence. 3 down lineman, 3 linebackers, 2 safeties, and 3 corners with the nickel sometimes being subbed out for a bigger linebacker/safety hybrid on running downs. It’s a defense that relies on lots of unique pressures and blitzes that are shown pre-snap or post-snap with a lot of man coverage or 1-high zone in the backend. The Bearcats defense has ranked amongst the very top of college football in defensive efficiency and pass defense the past few years, so its certainly a successful model to build the new zone defense around.
With the new defensive scheme in mind, here’s an updated early depth chart projection:
DE: Nick Monahan/Dominic Valier
NT: Lucas Stuerenberg/Christian Harris
DE: Jewett Hayes/Will Adkins
SLB: Kyler Paul
MLB: Brody Foltz/Derrick Edwards
WLB: Alex French
CB: Karson Hobbs
CB: Nick Leonard
S: Drew Robinson
S: Tanner Coe/Griffin Daley
Sniper (LB/S): Micah Rice
Nickel: Lincoln Murphy

GBM!!!

Did Moeller ever use the field located at what today is Sycamore Junior High is located today as their home field?
Yes, pre Galbreath Field era I believe.

Sycamore has built a new and bigger junior high at that site so the field is now gone. Two athletic fields (soccer and football) are at the high school.

I was talking to a friend and told him Elder vs Moeller has happened at 7 different venues.

The Pit
Sycamore
Galbreath
Nippert
Lockland
Riverfront
Welcome

AM I wrong bout any of those?

I was talking to a friend and told him Elder vs Moeller has happened at 7 different venues.

The Pit
Sycamore
Galbreath
Nippert
Lockland
Riverfront
Welcome

AM I wrong bout any of those?
I remember the GCL had games on Victory Parkway at XU stadium. I remember being there in 1967 for the class of '68 when Moe played Bacon and got waxed 40+ I believe to zip. Bob Harris was Moe QB- He perished in the Marshall plane crash. Lived a few houses up from me. I'm not sure if Moe ever played Elder in these series at XU.

This right here. I just want to know why it was never in the plans for the BAC and what then is/has been the long term plan for a stadium. A 30 acre land donation and $8+ million in surplus from the recently completed capital campaign seems like the perfect position to be in to finally build one...what else could they possibly be waiting for?
The township/zoning would never allow a football stadium there- you guys need to put that out of your heads that it was ever an option, it wasn’t.