2023 Football

Here are a couple of links you might get some info out of.

My suggestion to save a little time coming from the Eastside on a Friday night and avoid some traffic. Stay on US50/River Road until you get to Bender. Usually 50 keeps moving, while you stop a lot on Delhi Pike. Probably save you time.

Tailgated at Norwood last year for most games. It wasnt a mess when we left. Everything was cleaned up.
I tend to agree here. If there was a problem with anything, Norwood should have addressed this with Moeller during the season; it would have been handled.

I still believe this is about money more than anything.

Tailgated at Norwood last year for most games. It wasnt a mess when we left. Everything was cleaned up.
I wasn't being accusatory, moreover pointing out just because something may be perceived to be a dump doesn't mean mess it up more. From my interactions with gcl the people usually do a good job of cleaning up after themselves and in some cases leaving it better than they found it

I think e
It is now. An absolute embarrassment.

It’s been said before, but this will matter to kids when looking at schools.
Definitely already does. I also think other schools will become less and less sympathetic to Moeller being built in the middle of 1960's suburbia and landlocked now that they had a chance to build their own stadium but intentionally chose otherwise. I think what happened this year is going to be more typical going forward so I hope whomever made those decisions about the BAC had a long term plan.

Any updates on the team? Any new additions to the team? I know they are still playing, but any word on whether the freshman qb from last year is still going to play football? There was talk last season he might focus on baseball. I know the new HC is going to run the defense. Who is the OC?
It won’t be long until practices start up.

Any updates on the team? Any new additions to the team? I know they are still playing, but any word on whether the freshman qb from last year is still going to play football? There was talk last season he might focus on baseball. I know the new HC is going to run the defense. Who is the OC?
Nick Sharp is the new DC. My understanding is HC will run O, per info out there. Also a few other outstanding new coaches as well.

QB who finished the season was working with WRs in the offseason (per socials), so I assume he’s QB1 at this point. 🤷‍♂️

There are some talented players all over both sides of the ball. Should be fun to watch again!

Nick Sharp is the new DC. My understanding is HC will run O, per info out there. Also a few other outstanding new coaches as well.

QB who finished the season was working with WRs in the offseason (per socials), so I assume he’s QB1 at this point. 🤷‍♂️

There are some talented players all over both sides of the ball. Should be fun to watch again!
Thanks for the info. Didn’t know that about HC. I thought defense was his baby. Looking forward to it!

Both Rising Sophomore TE's received scholarship offers from Kentucky today.

😂 wow is right. So much for wanting students or fans to watch the team. Zero common sense there these days.

If what is put on here is true, there is no alternative. They are going to have to finalize something because the season is right around the corner. I agree, it will be frustrating with lack of space. This is a year I think more people will have more interest because everyone is going to want to see Marshall in his final year and people will be curious about the new coaching regime. It just seems odd they couldn’t strike a deal with anybody. I know money is an issue, but I would think you have to sacrifice some when they are in the drivers seat and you have zero leverage in the situation. They’ve had a year to figure it out.

If what is put on here is true, there is no alternative. They are going to have to finalize something because the season is right around the corner. I agree, it will be frustrating with lack of space. This is a year I think more people will have more interest because everyone is going to want to see Marshall in his final year and people will be curious about the new coaching regime. It just seems odd they couldn’t strike a deal with anybody. I know money is an issue, but I would think you have to sacrifice some when they are in the drivers seat and you have zero leverage in the situation. They’ve had a year to figure it out.
Very well said.

Play the games on campus and erect a few temporary seats. Limit the attendance if you must. Broadcast the games online using a decent broadcast crew and charge a subscription fee. Play the X game at a bigger venue. GBM 💪 🏈

Play the games on campus and erect a few temporary seats. Limit the attendance if you must. Broadcast the games online using a decent broadcast crew and charge a subscription fee. Play the X game at a bigger venue. GBM 💪 🏈
I’m not sure the press box on campus is ‘varsity worthy’. Neither is the sideline on that side of the field (size) or the glitchy scoreboard.

I heard some crazy reasons why Norwood dropped Moe. I won't get into it here, however, nothing to do with tailgate trash. I'm sure Moeller tried to negotiate as best they could, knowing they had no leverage. In the end, Moe has no place to go, and it had nothing to do with Moeller's effort to play at Lockland or Norwood.

Hearing the Moeller/X game will be at newly renovated Dayton Welcome Stadium.

It looks like it affects the LaSalle, Ignatius, and both Indiana games. If you could work out getting more tickets and maybe some other ways to bring in money (percent of home sales, some of the concessions, just thinking out loud), what about an all away schedule? The stadiums should be available and I’m sure those schools would entertain it. Maybe for the Ignatius game they meet in Columbus like they used to. No home games, but do they ever truly have a “home game”? Playing at Norwood is no more of an advantage to Moeller as it is to the other team. The streaming of games is a great idea, but there is just something different when you’re there in person at a high school game. Can’t remember exactly, but I thought someone posted Mt. St. Joe’s only seats 1300-1500. If each player get 4 tickets, cheerleaders and band get their family allotment, faculty gets theirs.,,,,there’s not going to be a lot left.