2023 Football

What’s the fan bases feel about the new coach? Always interesting when a coach with zero ties to a program comes in.
Local guy. Played high school ball at Highlands. Good strength and conditioning coach with ties to former Moeller QB Chris Reisert at Tiffin University. I am sure Chris put in a good word for him before coach B. was hired. He has college coaching experience as an assistant and had a very successful year at Lexington Catholic before coming back home. From all indications his podcast interviews and off field activities seem to be very well received. I think he is a keeper. GBM 💪 🏈

Birdog, what's the word on Micah Rice? He's the transfer from Hoban correct? GBM!
Yes he is a Junior. He started for Hoban as a Soph. He ran track and was on a medal winning relay team at State. He is above average height at 6'2'' and 184 lbs. as a free safety. Runs a 4.5 40 yard dash. and closes quickly on the ball. He should work very well with Hobbs creating a suffocating group of DB's. His nickname is "Weapon X" GBM 💪 🏈

According to an email I received this morning from football operations, the game will be Livestream. Check the "letsgobigmoe.com" website Gameday Central feature tomorrow at noon for all the details (hudlTV). GBM 💪 🏈

Is the hudlTV stream a pay for view service? I hit the "watch" link on Moe website. There is not direction at all as to how you actually get to the site to watch the game? am I missing something/

Is the hudlTV stream a pay for view service? I hit the "watch" link on Moe website. There is not direction at all as to how you actually get to the site to watch the game? am I missing something/
I don't think they have posted the link yet. I did check earlier this afternoon myself and they had a test link visible but then it was taken down. I think they will make the link visible sometime tomorrow. By any chance do you see the link to the Freshmen game vs Trinity already visible? If so, you should be able to view the Ben Davis vs Moeller link once they make it available on the same web page. Hope that helps. Let me know tomorrow. GBM 💪 🏈

I don't think they have posted the link yet. I did check earlier this afternoon myself and they had a test link visible but then it was taken down. I think they will make the link visible sometime tomorrow. By any chance do you see the link to the Freshmen game vs Trinity already visible? If so, you should be able to view the Ben Davis vs Moeller link once they make it available on the same web page. Hope that helps. Let me know tomorrow. GBM 💪 🏈

Yes, I did see the link for the Frosh game. But still no link to tonights game?

Yes, I did see the link for the Frosh game. But still no link to tonights game?
Try this just in case: Google Team1Sports.com, click on High School Sports and scroll down to Ohio, click on Search Broadcasts, then click on Search By School, scroll down to Archbishop Moeller and click. You should see the Moeller vs Ben Davis link in the middle between the Trinity Freshmen and test link. Hope that helps. I still think Moe will make the site available later in the day on their website. Good Luck. GBM 💪 🏈

Try this just in case: Google Team1Sports.com, click on High School Sports and scroll down to Ohio, click on Search Broadcasts, then click on Search By School, scroll down to Archbishop Moeller and click. You should see the Moeller vs Ben Davis link in the middle between the Trinity Freshmen and test link. Hope that helps. I still think Moe will make the site available later in the day on their website. Good Luck. GBM 💪 🏈
It looks like the link is up on the Moe website and will go live at 6:45 PM. GBM 💪 🏈

Ben Davis is a really good program. Moeller will get better.
Correct. There is a reason Ben Davis scheduled IMG this season. Not saying BD will beat IMG, but the powers that be at BD know what they got this season.

As far as Moeller, it will be interesting to see how they progress. No easy games.

Correct. There is a reason Ben Davis scheduled IMG this season. Not saying BD will beat IMG, but the powers that be at BD know what they got this season.

As far as Moeller, it will be interesting to see how they progress. No easy games.

Next week will be the “easiest” game on the schedule hopefully they show some signs of improvement!

This team is going to be in for a bumpy ride with their schedule. In my opinion, the biggest concern is the offensive line. They were bad the last two weeks. I don’t care if you have Marshall, if there’s nowhere to run, you’re going to struggle. Pass protection was even worse. The QB was getting hit every play and really got beat up Friday. He is going to be great, but you have to give him time to at least set up to throw. I thought he played well under the circumstances the line put him under. The line won’t be fixed in a week. That is something that will take time. Defensively, the secondary struggled which I thought was their strength. The front 7 got no pressure on the QB. Ben Davis was great. The bad thing is there are a lot of great teams they play this year.

The play to end the first half was a gut punch- I remember something similar happening during Rosfeld’s first game as head coach and they went on to win the GCL that year. Definitely not a gimmee game on the schedule so could be a rough year!

The play to end the first half was a gut punch- I remember something similar happening during Rosfeld’s first game as head coach and they went on to win the GCL that year. Definitely not a gimmee game on the schedule so could be a rough year!

That hurt for sure. It would have cut the lead to 7 and hopefully swing momentum. I think the more telling thing was Marshall had three tries to get a yard/half yard and they couldn’t get it in before the 4th down play. The line couldn’t get any push.

I got to see a little bit of game film on Monday. Ben Davis is loaded. This might be the best team they have had in years. No doubt IMG could be walking into a hornets nest, but then again it is IMG and they have so many dudes. I think if Ben Davis doesn't turnover the ball they can keep it within a couple TDs.

That hurt for sure. It would have cut the lead to 7 and hopefully swing momentum. I think the more telling thing was Marshall had three tries to get a yard/half yard and they couldn’t get it in before the 4th down play. The line couldn’t get any push.
In my opinion, you need to have your QB under center when inside the one yard line. No excuse. Also, give the OL a break. There is only one Senior on the roster. All the rest are Juniors and Sophomores. They will only get better and by the 4th or 5th game they will be lights out. GBM 💪 🏈

In my opinion, you need to have your QB under center when inside the one yard line. No excuse. Also, give the OL a break. There is only one Senior on the roster. All the rest are Juniors and Sophomores. They will only get better and by the 4th or 5th game they will be lights out. GBM 💪 🏈
Freshman squad has 2 big Lineman- any chance they play up? Younger Rice brother is very talented too

I was really taken back by how many jr's and sophomores Moeller played Friday night. 2 of the 3 LB's were sophs, 2 of the 3 Dline were soph's, soph QB, 2 Jr Wr's, 4 Jr offensive linemen, 3 jr dbacks. This is a very young team that will get better and better.

I get it. The line is going to take time…no quick fixes. They HAVE to protect the QB better. He got beat up Friday. The kid is tough…he kept getting up. A couple times it didn’t look good. Not everyone is going to have BD’s talent, but they are going to be playing some really good defenses.

I was really taken back by how many jr's and sophomores Moeller played Friday night. 2 of the 3 LB's were sophs, 2 of the 3 Dline were soph's, soph QB, 2 Jr Wr's, 4 Jr offensive linemen, 3 jr dbacks. This is a very young team that will get better and better.
French was out last week that is why they had two sophomore linebackers. There is only one sophomore d lineman who plays. But you are correct this is a pretty young team they are going to get much better as the season progresses. Both Sophomore and junior class have some very talented kids.

French was out last week that is why they had two sophomore linebackers. There is only one sophomore d lineman who plays. But you are correct this is a pretty young team they are going to get much better as the season progresses. Both Sophomore and junior class have some very talented kids.

I count 14-15 underclassmen on the field. Frosh are very talented as well!

This team is going to be in for a bumpy ride with their schedule. In my opinion, the biggest concern is the offensive line. They were bad the last two weeks. I don’t care if you have Marshall, if there’s nowhere to run, you’re going to struggle. Pass protection was even worse. The QB was getting hit every play and really got beat up Friday. He is going to be great, but you have to give him time to at least set up to throw. I thought he played well under the circumstances the line put him under. The line won’t be fixed in a week. That is something that will take time. Defensively, the secondary struggled which I thought was their strength. The front 7 got no pressure on the QB. Ben Davis was great. The bad thing is there are a lot of great teams they play this year.
I have no dog in the fight, but was surprised to see Ben Davis’s margin of victory. So, I decided to watch a replay of the game. As an outside observer, I agree that the offensive line is Moeller’s biggest concern. After his opening 75-yard TD run, Marshall gained only 45 yards on 18 carries for 2.5 yards per carry. The Giants were obviously keying on him and the Crusaders line seemed unable to do anything about it. Especially telling was that Marshall was unable to punch it into the end zone when the Crusaders had the ball second down on the 1.5-yard line. I also concur that Moeller’s QB did well, considering the pass rushers that were in his face on virtually every pass play. Time will tell how much the o-line improves as they gain more game experience.

I must say, though, that Ben Davis struck me as a very quick and impressive team. They definitely looked much better to me than did the three-time defending Indiana champion Center Grove team that St. Edward defeated on Saturday.

I have no dog in the fight, but was surprised to see Ben Davis’s margin of victory. So, I decided to watch a replay of the game. As an outside observer, I agree that the offensive line is Moeller’s biggest concern. After his opening 75-yard TD run, Marshall gained only 45 yards on 18 carries for 2.5 yards per carry. The Giants were obviously keying on him and the Crusaders line seemed unable to do anything about it. Especially telling was that Marshall was unable to punch it into the end zone when the Crusaders had the ball second down on the 1.5-yard line. I also concur that Moeller’s QB did well, considering the pass rushers that were in his face on virtually every pass play. Time will tell how much the o-line improves as they gain more game experience.

I must say, though, that Ben Davis struck me as a very quick and impressive team. They definitely looked much better to me than did the three-time defending Indiana champion Center Grove team that St. Edward defeated on Saturday.
All very good points. And no offense to any future Moe opponent, but St Ed will be the next time that Moe faces a team from top to bottom that good (or better).

For Moe, just hope to develop like they did in ‘21 throughout the season.

The game Friday night at least gave us a clear understanding of what the depth chart looks like to at this early part of the season.

As was previously mentioned, this is a young team that has some similarities to the 2021 squad that started many underclassmen. By my count, there’s 9 senior, 10 juniors, and 3 sophomores starting. I’m sure there’ll be marketed improvement throughout the season, especially from the sophomores and juniors which bodes very well for the next couple years to come.

QB: Matt Ponatoski (Soph)
RB: Jordan Marshall (Sr), Isaac Shade (Sr), Desmon Gault (Soph)
TE: Eli Jacon-Duffy (Sr), Sam Hamilton (Soph)
WR: Roman Mason (Jr.)
WR: Matthew Fogler (Jr.), Jovan Love (Jr.)
WR: Preston Smith (Sr)
LT: Drew Currin (Sr)
LG: Titus Land (Jr)
C: Ollie Hamre (Jr)
RG: Mateo Armenta (Jr)
RT: Chuck Powell (Jr)

DE: Jewett Hayes (Sr), Will Adkins (Jr)
NT: Lucas Stuerenberg (Jr), Dominic Valier (Sr)
DE: Christian Harris (Soph), Nick Monahan (Sr)
OLB: Nolan Kittle (Soph), Alex French (Sr, injured)
MLB: Kyler Paul (Sr)
OLB: Connor Cuozzo (Soph)
CB: Karson Hobbs (Sr)
CB: Gearhart (Jr), Leonard (Sr, injured)
Nickel: Drew Robinson (Sr)
S: Micah Rice (Jr)
S: Griffin Daley (Jr), Lincoln Murphy (Jr)

K: Devin Orr
P: Ethan Page (Sr)
RET: Preston Smith (Sr)

The game Friday night at least gave us a clear understanding of what the depth chart looks like to at this early part of the season.

As was previously mentioned, this is a young team that has some similarities to the 2021 squad that started many underclassmen. By my count, there’s 9 senior, 10 juniors, and 3 sophomores starting. I’m sure there’ll be marketed improvement throughout the season, especially from the sophomores and juniors which bodes very well for the next couple years to come.

QB: Matt Ponatoski (Soph)
RB: Jordan Marshall (Sr), Isaac Shade (Sr), Desmon Gault (Soph)
TE: Eli Jacon-Duffy (Sr), Sam Hamilton (Soph)
WR: Roman Mason (Jr.)
WR: Matthew Fogler (Jr.), Jovan Love (Jr.)
WR: Preston Smith (Sr)
LT: Drew Currin (Sr)
LG: Titus Land (Jr)
C: Ollie Hamre (Jr)
RG: Mateo Armenta (Jr)
RT: Chuck Powell (Jr)

DE: Jewett Hayes (Sr), Will Adkins (Jr)
NT: Lucas Stuerenberg (Jr), Dominic Valier (Sr)
DE: Christian Harris (Soph), Nick Monahan (Sr)
OLB: Nolan Kittle (Soph), Alex French (Sr, injured)
MLB: Kyler Paul (Sr)
OLB: Connor Cuozzo (Soph)
CB: Karson Hobbs (Sr)
CB: Gearhart (Jr), Leonard (Sr, injured)
Nickel: Drew Robinson (Sr)
S: Micah Rice (Jr)
S: Griffin Daley (Jr), Lincoln Murphy (Jr)

K: Devin Orr
P: Ethan Page (Sr)
RET: Preston Smith (Sr)

Thanks for the info. Yes, the similarities to 2021 team are striking. Despite the loss, this is still a very talented team. Ben Davis was good, and they knew it or they would have never come to Cincy to play Moe week 1. Going to be fun to watch this team mature.

Big Moe should be in a good position to atone for last weeks "L" against a very good Ben Davis team. I look for the O-line to begin an upward trend as they get ready for the meat of their schedule and GCL-S conference games. Both East Central and Center Grove on the road will present a challenge before league play begins. The Crusaders know both of these upcoming road games are very winnable if they play up to their potential. There are a lot of Harbin's points on the table as I expect East Central and Center Grove to win a fair share of their remaining games after playing Moe. Hopefully we get a few of the starters back for these games. I know a few on the defensive side of the ball were held out of the BD game. GBM 💪 🏈