2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure wish I could have gone; I was so planning on attending but medical reasons make it a day to day decision of what I able to do. With good Tiger friends and Tiger-family posters here on yappi, it will help make it more possible to stay informed?.

Does anyone know if the 7 on 7 still going on and for how much longer just got off work I was going to stop up

My assessment. Massillon has a ton of talent at the skilled spots and linebacker spots. Not only that they can go deep from what I’ve seen today. Now when pads come on and all that we shall see. But athletically wow. Offensively we scored a lot after the first 3 sets. Slaughter looked pretty darn good. My only problem, way too many deep routes and not enough intermediate or underneath routes. They did go split backs with Lennix and Hartson and that was nice to see. The bomb to Banks was a given and pretty much unstoppable today. Most impressive play was Freddie Lenix did run a crossing route believe it or not, tipped the ball up to himself, ball was behind him, turned up the field and scored from 35 yards out. His speed is unbelievable.

Defensively not bad at all today. Still too much grabbing from the DB’s at times. But it looked much better. Closing speed was impressive. That was the entire defense not just the DB’s. One thing I noticed was there didn’t seem to be much safety help at all. When we got beat the few times it happened that was the one thing I picked up on most. Obviously you don’t scheme for these so take that for what it is.

Overall I’d say they accomplished what they wanted to today. They rotated guys very heavily. A ton of kids got out there. 7 on 7’s I don’t take too much out of it one way or another like I said before but I will tell you Massillon will have a lot of speed and playmakers this fall.

I’m just excited for October 22nd…… my youngest son finished his Bulldogs career with consecutive wins over the Tigers, but McK hasn’t beat them since 2015? I will always support my sons’ alma mater, but Massillon is going to be extremely talented.

Thanks. Overall, I'm doing ok for the most part on most days. It's all part of the aging process that most have to deal with, I'm still grateful. Really blessed are those that make it into their old age and still have decent or good health.
Yeah I actually had to leave work today because I either have a bulging disk or another kidney stone, yippy.. soon to be 64 so I can sympathize.. hang in there.

was there a Landen Petaros sighting or anyone else that wasn't expected? I know it would be hard to tell, those things are usually pretty hectic and who were the guys subbing for Lenix and hartson? would seem like there's a few choices

was there a Landen Petaros sighting or anyone else that wasn't expected? I know it would be hard to tell, those things are usually pretty hectic and who were the guys subbing for Lenix and hartson? would seem like there's a few choices
I didn’t see Petaros. And today it was Gamble and Frazier. But now that I look back at our roster there were more kids that didn’t participate than I thought. Kinda scary with all the skilled kids.

I didn’t see Petaros. And today it was Gamble and Frazier. But now that I look back at our roster there were more kids that didn’t participate than I thought. Kinda scary with all the skilled kids.
Thanks, I would have thought it would be the younger Lenix but maybe he was the ones on sidelines... Mitchell to, the new kid

How about corners and safeties? As was mentioned with subbing frequently and stuff it may have been hard to tell. Who got the jist of the time at LB's.

I’m just excited for October 22nd…… my youngest son finished his Bulldogs career with consecutive wins over the Tigers, but McK hasn’t beat them since 2015? I will always support my sons’ alma mater, but Massillon is going to be extremely talented.
Massillon's not going to win every game vs McKinley for the rest of time, I'd say McKinley is overdue for a victory in this series. With the high CB number, it appears they brought in some kids....will it be enough for this to be the year they beat the Tigers? Idk.

Massillon's not going to win every game vs McKinley for the rest of time, I'd say McKinley is overdue for a victory in this series. With the high CB number, it appears they brought in some kids....will it be enough for this to be the year they beat the Tigers? Idk.
Is that reported CB number accurate???‍♂️

Regardless, the Tigers will continue their dominance in 2022.

Is that reported CB number accurate???‍♂️

Regardless, the Tigers will continue their dominance in 2022.
Until they discover a run defense the week 10 beatings will continue !
They start the game lined up like they are scared to death we are going to throw over the top on every play and we just run it down their throat.

Over the 6 game winning streak :
1521 yds rushing
283 attempts
5.4 yds per carry
254 yds per game

Don't know why it wouldn't be.

Just received a pm saying I'm a "dill hole" for talking about that CB #....ironically, it's from the guy who slobbered over OURS last year. Lol.
The actual number is probably accurate, however, how they arrived with that number is questionable.

Don't know why it wouldn't be.

Just received a pm saying I'm a "dill hole" for talking about that CB #....ironically, it's from the guy who slobbered over OURS last year. Lol.
The day the OHSAA released the #’s you know the girls were ready to pounce on Massillon’s # which I am sure they assumed would be close to 100. But when those #’s were released they were stunned and the excuses started flying as to why mck’s was so high.
I had to laugh at the article today in the rep about mck
“Hall is excited about Canton native John Chance, a talented junior outside linebacker-safety type, who will suit up for McKinley after playing for St. Vincent-St. Mary last year.”
In their mind if you are born at Aultman or Mercy/Clev Clinic you are a Canton native.
They always have to find a way to get Canton native in there, especially that hack reporter Weir,
no way that guy covers the Tigers this year, the Tiger coaches can’t stand him.

How about corners and safeties? As was mentioned with subbing frequently and stuff it may have been hard to tell. Who got the jist of the time at LB's.
Clark, Pringle, Fair, and then they rotated a ton of kids at the other spot. But those 3 mentioned above looked pretty damn good as far as the eye test. They all closed fast when passes were completed. It was nice to see Fair put a couple of em on there arses even for a 7 on 7
Secondary started with Lenix and Welch, then the other Pringle and Page I believe. But they rotated a ton. Welch had 2-3 picks that I saw. Page had 1 pick. Team speed was very obvious that it’ll be a strong point. There’s a lot of work ahead but for what it was they looked pretty good today. A lot of positives to build on

The day the OHSAA released the #’s you know the girls were ready to pounce on Massillon’s # which I am sure they assumed would be close to 100. But when those #’s were released they were stunned and the excuses started flying as to why mck’s was so high.
I had to laugh at the article today in the rep about mck
“Hall is excited about Canton native John Chance, a talented junior outside linebacker-safety type, who will suit up for McKinley after playing for St. Vincent-St. Mary last year.”
In their mind if you are born at Aultman or Mercy/Clev Clinic you are a Canton native.
They always have to find a way to get Canton native in there, especially that hack reporter Weir,
no way that guy covers the Tigers this year, the Tiger coaches can’t stand him.
I'm continuing to get pm's about McKinley's cb # from our local idiot. Seems I "know nothing about the way it works"....not like HE knew about the way it worked for us last year. Lol. Gotta say one thing, them boys sure do stick together when they have a common goal.

P
My assessment. Massillon has a ton of talent at the skilled spots and linebacker spots. Not only that they can go deep from what I’ve seen today. Now when pads come on and all that we shall see. But athletically wow. Offensively we scored a lot after the first 3 sets. Slaughter looked pretty darn good. My only problem, way too many deep routes and not enough intermediate or underneath routes. They did go split backs with Lennix and Hartson and that was nice to see. The bomb to Banks was a given and pretty much unstoppable today. Most impressive play was Freddie Lenix did run a crossing route believe it or not, tipped the ball up to himself, ball was behind him, turned up the field and scored from 35 yards out. His speed is unbelievable.

Defensively not bad at all today. Still too much grabbing from the DB’s at times. But it looked much better. Closing speed was impressive. That was the entire defense not just the DB’s. One thing I noticed was there didn’t seem to be much safety help at all. When we got beat the few times it happened that was the one thing I picked up on most. Obviously you don’t scheme for these so take that for what it is.

Overall I’d say they accomplished what they wanted to today. They rotated guys very heavily. A ton of kids got out there. 7 on 7’s I don’t take too much out of it one way or another like I said before but I will tell you Massillon will have a lot of speed and playmakers this fall
Maybe they are focusing on the deeper routes with Slaughter. IMO, his deeper throws need the most work. Many had too much air and were under thrown. However many of those throws were also due to running for his life and throwing off the back foot. How does his footwork look?

I do hope that the hiring of Alex Wood brings some new fresh perspective for the Offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.