This is per some Ironton posters regarding a 7on7 at Ohio State:

Ironton 14 - Bishop Hartley 7
Ironton big over Olney, IL
Ironton 35 - Massillon Washington 0

Tournament Play….
Ironton over Kenton score??
Ironton 17 Massillon Washington 7
Ironton 28 Trotwood Maddison 26

Ironton lost in the Semifinals to Milwaukee Science and Technology Academy.

This is per some Ironton posters regarding a 7on7 at Ohio State:

Ironton 14 - Bishop Hartley 7
Ironton big over Olney, IL
Ironton 35 - Massillon Washington 0

Tournament Play….
Ironton over Kenton score??
Ironton 17 Massillon Washington 7
Ironton 28 Trotwood Maddison 26

Ironton lost in the Semifinals to Milwaukee Science and Technology Academy.
Lol hopefully that was our JV squad

7on7’s are definitely helpful but they are in no way a true game. I have no idea who showed & played for either school. Ironton does have 2 kids committed to UC, a wr and a kid listed as a athlete, and I believe they have 2 more kids who have D1 offers (one to Wisconsin). One thing is for sure, 52-7 combined score left no doubt who had the better Tiger team at this 7on7.

I believe I read that Massillon and Ironton will play a JV game this year. I would guess it is Ironton’s jv vs maybe Massillion’s freshmen/jv team.

7on7’s are definitely helpful but they are in no way a true game. I have no idea who showed & played for either school. Ironton does have 2 kids committed to UC, a wr and a kid listed as a athlete, and I believe they have 2 more kids who have D1 offers (one to Wisconsin). One thing is for sure, 52-7 combined score left no doubt who had the better Tiger team at this 7on7.

I believe I read that Massillon and Ironton will play a JV game this year. I would guess it is Ironton’s jv vs maybe Massillion’s freshmen/jv team.
Massillon shouldn't have a problem I think with Ironton's JV. Our JV played them in 2020 and lost by like 1 or something like that if I remember right and that was all freshman on our jv team for the most part

There's one that's a sophomore. Who has tremendous talent and he's a straight A student. All the talent in the world but doesn't have a love for football. There are some that are trying to mentor him.

S
What about the Paul kid? Think his name was Nick..I don't see his name on the roster
Ran into him and his family at Texas Roadhouse in the Belden Village area this past winter. Conversed with him a little; he indicated that he was getting ready for this upcoming football season. I, like you, have not seen his name on any roster.

I’m not really concerned with 7 on 7’s one way or the other. Besides this team will run Hartson and Lenix as much as possible. At least you would think so.
From a friend who has a great memory:
"A 7-on-7 this early doesn't mean squat though. In 2005 I remember us struggling in a 7-on-7 against Northwest and we played for the state championship later that same year".
It's not so much how you start out but how you end up.
Screenshot_20220407-091749~2.png

Last edited:
7-on-7 tomorrow, doesn't state where or when. This is what is posted on the "schedule of events" on a Massillon website. I will make some calls to verify if it's still a go, where, and when; then post here what I find.
Noon today at Massillon - includes Canton South, Teays Valley, Olmsted Falls, Indian Creek, Euclid, and Nordonia. Looks like Massillon might be doing split squad? Not 100% on that.

Watching the Tigers here at this 7 on 7. I know what I said before about these but almost every pass we have thrown has been over 30 yards. Same old same old. None were completed btw. I will say though in helmets and shorts, Massillon has a ton of talent and athleticism. Rotating players every series. Except QB. 3 series and no scores for Massillon

34 and number 1 stood out the most so far

Watching the Tigers here at this 7 on 7. I know what I said before about these but almost every pass we have thrown has been over 30 yards. Same old same old. None were completed btw. I will say though in helmets and shorts, Massillon has a ton of talent and athleticism. Rotating players every series. Except QB. 3 series and no scores for Massillon
Maybe we’re saving the good plays for Hoban? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.