2022 GCL Co-Ed

You would be surprised what coaches will do to win. Alter threw a kid who had not pitched in a few weeks and was coming off an arm injury all 7 against Badin. Kid showed out though
Guess they just had confidence in him to get it done :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: worked in their favor they kept it very respectable against the rams

I don't think coaches care that much about pitch count, as long as the rules say they can go they will go
I think coaches have to be somewhat cautious with one of their best pitchers. What's the rule on how soon you can go after 125 (assuming Beatty reached that in his 8 innings)?

A HS kid shouldn't throw over 100 pitches

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous blanket statement, as is the statement that 4 days rest after 8 innings pitching is "child abuse*

Depends on the pitcher, depends on the weather, depends on the number AND TYPE of pitches thrown. some kids should be done at 60 pitches, some can throw 120 and be fine (assuming looking at the parameters above).

Had a kid a couple of years ago go 8 innings, threw 96 pitches on a Monday. He was good to go on Friday, ended up going 6 innings and throwing 65 pitches. His mechanics were such that we never worried about the stress on his arm (nor did his parents or his summer coaches). You have to learn each individual kid.

A HS kid shouldn't throw over 100 pitches

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous blanket statement, as is the statement that 4 days rest after 8 innings pitching is "child abuse*

Depends on the pitcher, depends on the weather, depends on the number AND TYPE of pitches thrown. some kids should be done at 60 pitches, some can throw 120 and be fine (assuming looking at the parameters above).

Had a kid a couple of years ago go 8 innings, threw 96 pitches on a Monday. He was good to go on Friday, ended up going 6 innings and throwing 65 pitches. His mechanics were such that we never worried about the stress on his arm (nor did his parents or his summer coaches). You have to learn each individual kid.
Disagree. Throwing a kid 160 pitches in four days is abuse. Warmed up twice pregame plus pitches between 14 innings. I hope you got two wins out of him. There is no reason to chase a win with any HS athlete even the 6’3 fully developed “man”-my opinion.
I’ve been there. It was wrong.

Alter - 10
Fenwick -
Hensley for Fenwick. Tabar for Alter. Fenwick really struggling offensively. Hit totals last 4 games have been 3,3,2,1. Surprise they didn’t throw their ace today and get 2 games out of him this week. Scheduled every day this week. So Monday/Friday is doable, not Tuesday/Friday I would think. Maybe they have 5 kids capable of starting so nobody is doubling up

Hensley for Fenwick. Tabar for Alter. Fenwick really struggling offensively. Hit totals last 4 games have been 3,3,2,1. Surprise they didn’t throw their ace today and get 2 games out of him this week. Scheduled every day this week. So Monday/Friday is doable, not Tuesday/Friday I would think. Maybe they have 5 kids capable of starting so nobody is doubling up
They likely wanted him for CJ again

Oakwood - 2
Alter - 12

Miller goes 6.2 hit the pitch limit after a catchers interference on swinging strike 3. Striking out 8. Keighley finished it with a K to close it.

Oakwood - 2
Alter - 12

Miller goes 6.2 hit the pitch limit after a catchers interference on swinging strike 3. Striking out 8. Keighley finished it with a K to close it.
Looks like alters reign of terror over the SWBL continues as they spoil another senior night. Curious as to what Philly Cat has to say about this…

Badin beat Elder 4-2 today.

Badin very good, can compete with anyone. Played Moe very tough too.
I see no one in southwest ohio that can hang with them. Yes they lost to fenwick and cj, but in a tournament game that matters, no chance. They've never been there and the Rams always are. Defiance, Canfield, Marlington, etc are a different story. Maybe some soft tossing left hander gets them but I don't see it. I like cj's team but they are a year away imo. We shall see in the next few years. I think this is the year Coach Treadwell gets his first one, actually second.

I see no one in southwest ohio that can hang with them. Yes they lost to fenwick and cj, but in a tournament game that matters, no chance. They've never been there and the Rams always are. Defiance, Canfield, Marlington, etc are a different story. Maybe some soft tossing left hander gets them but I don't see it. I like cj's team but they are a year away imo. We shall see in the next few years. I think this is the year Coach Treadwell gets his first one, actually second.
The Rams are an inconsistent hitting team this year, if they run into a decent pitcher they may be in trouble. Unless Rawlings is throwing ?