2022 GCL Co-Ed

How are we suppose to get anything from that picture?
If you watched the game live you could clearly tell the Chaminade player was out. All the alter kids stopped playing because they thought they made the double play but the Chaminade player that was on second base never stooped running which tied the game up. And gave Chaminade all the momentum which ultimtently lead in a win. What an atrocity for the kids to go through, terrible absolutely horrendous call hoping they can bounce back tonight against McNick.

Watch the stream them

start at 1:55:33
I’ll try to say this as neutral as possible because I’m a CJ fan/alum so could be perceived biased. I tried to slow it down. I can get your gripe. Bang bang play. It’s very tough to call. When I see him reach out and close the mitt, the foot is on bag. It’s a tough call for the ump who’s standing near second base. Maybe with a three man crew this goes a different way. Was intrigued why there was no discussion with the umps. Good news is there’s a lot of baseball left and the Knights don’t seem to be a pushover. They got their best baseball in front of them I think.

Regardless of the play, the seventh inning still happened. Peltier ropes a routine single. Knights fall asleep and let him gain an extra base. Frasure then ropes a double down the left field line. Let’s say the game is then tied. No outs with a man on second. I hate to break it to ya but CJ still probably wins the game.

Regardless of the play, the seventh inning still happened. Peltier ropes a routine single. Knights fall asleep and let him gain an extra base. Frasure then ropes a double down the left field line. Let’s say the game is then tied. No outs with a man on second. I hate to break it to ya but CJ still probably wins the game.
The 7th inning happened was because Alter pulled Miller, Frasure couldn't touch him and Peltier only had a weak hit. And as for the ump when he is over by second it is the home plate umps decision to make the call, just can't believe they didn't discuss, if they discussed and called him safe. I wouldn't be upset because that's baseball. Just a little annoying when its your kid on the diamond

The 7th inning happened was because Alter pulled Miller, Frasure couldn't touch him and Peltier only had a weak hit. And as for the ump when he is over by second it is the home plate umps decision to make the call, just can't believe they didn't discuss, if they discussed and called him safe. I wouldn't be upset because that's baseball. Just a little annoying when its your kid on the diamond
So your boy pitched well, all that matters in HS baseball at Alters level

Badin/Fenwick game just got postponed. They will resume at a later date, mid of the 5th inning tied 0-0 with just 3 hits and a lot of K's in the game.

Last edited:
According to the stream Frasure walked twice and hit a 1-hop groundout to 3rd. "Couldn't touch him" seems a bit strong...

Tough day to hit yesterday. Badin seems to struggle at the plate at the moment. I watched the McNick game and they scored their first 3 runs courtesy of 3/4 straight bunts. They have speed up and down the lineup however. Once they are on base they are a problem.

Tough day to hit yesterday. Badin seems to struggle at the plate at the moment. I watched the McNick game and they scored their first 3 runs courtesy of 3/4 straight bunts. They have speed up and down the lineup however. Once they are on base they are a problem.
I believe Badin was thrown out 2 times on the bases yesterday.

Last edited:
Thats impressive on Fenwick's behalf. Is Sova a lefty?
Copenhaver was on as usual. #6 on Fenwick was only player to make contact really. Siva was impressive. About 6-4, maybe 140 pounds soaking wet, but had the Rams off balance all day. Doesn't really throw very hard, but has a long stride to home. Has to feel like the ball is almost on top of you when he releases it. Vidourek and I think Fierhrer are only ones that really squared one up.

CJ will be extremely dangerous next year. I think they could go for a state title
It also seems that Fenwick is relatively young. Badin has a pretty strong soph/jr class as well. Those three programs should have some great ballgames in the near future. Be nice if McNick could get their program back to what it once was. Too many coaching changes.

It also seems that Fenwick is relatively young. Badin has a pretty strong soph/jr class as well. Those three programs should have some great ballgames in the near future. Be nice if McNick could get their program back to what it once was. Too many coaching changes.
I think Badin will see its worse years coming up, they will still probably win the GCL, but in terms of talent this years team is up there. Fenwick I completely forgot about, lot of great freshman and sophomores, they could have quite the run in the next years. Maybe the GCL will be a little more competitive

4/11 Games:

CJ @ Carroll
curious to see how Carroll will bounce back after getting no-hit

Badin @ Fenwick
don't expect Fenwick to win, but I think they can hold their own and put up a fight

Alter @ McNick
this is probably the worst McNick has been in years, so will Alter be able to capitalize without their seniors

Admittedly biased, but I think Badin will have continued success. Their Jr and Sr classes are very strong, so the absence of Soph and Freshmen on the varsity level, kind of makes it looks like the younger classes are not quite as good. But from what I'm seeing, the JV and Freshmen teams will carry their weight and then some. JV 5-2 with only losses being to Lakota East. Freshmen 7-0 with wins over Hamilton and Wyoming's JV teams and Lakota East. Scored in double figures in all but 1 game.
Fenwick does have I believe 3 sophomores and freshmen getting some playing time on varsity, but unless I've caught them on very bad days, the JV/Freshmen team are not the most talented. In the last week I've seen them lose to Badin 15-2, Springboro 25-2, and beat Kings 12-11.
I think Badin will see its worse years coming up, they will still probably win the GCL, but in terms of talent this years team is up there. Fenwick I completely forgot about, lot of great freshman and sophomores, they could have quite the run in the next years. Maybe the GCL will be a little more competitive

4/11 Games:

CJ @ Carroll
curious to see how Carroll will bounce back after getting no-hit

Badin @ Fenwick
don't expect Fenwick to win, but I think they can hold their own and put up a fight

Alter @ McNick
this is probably the worst McNick has been in years, so will Alter be able to capitalize without their seniors
Carroll get no-hit other than by Fenwick. because after that no hitter they beat Fenwick at Fenwick 4-3 on Thursday.

Admittedly biased, but I think Badin will have continued success. Their Jr and Sr classes are very strong, so the absence of Soph and Freshmen on the varsity level, kind of makes it looks like the younger classes are not quite as good. But from what I'm seeing, the JV and Freshmen teams will carry their weight and then some. JV 5-2 with only losses being to Lakota East. Freshmen 7-0 with wins over Hamilton and Wyoming's JV teams and Lakota East. Scored in double figures in all but 1 game.
Fenwick does have I believe 3 sophomores and freshmen getting some playing time on varsity, but unless I've caught them on very bad days, the JV/Freshmen team are not the most talented. In the last week I've seen them lose to Badin 15-2, Springboro 25-2, and beat Kings 12-11.
Ah, so Badin will reload as always

Also since you are a Badin fan, I saw Rodney Rachel was graded a 9 on Perfect Game which means he could get drafted out of high school. Do you think it is possible?