2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the facts
Just left Lox, Stocks, and Brisket over on Van Aken where I enjoyed a tasty sandwich titled The Ridge, which is a combination of lox, cucumbers, and red onion on a freshly baked bagel, with a few of my favorite chabers. The word from the boys is this is all mere snare and there is nothing to it. After hearing the facts of the case it brought to mind my favorite bout of scripture....

Cain and Abel were brothers once. Both brothers made sacrifices. Cain, in a fit of jealousy, murdered Abel. So for Cain's punishment he will be sent to a life of wandering and loss.
Rotzky left Euclid out to dry while he tricked families into transferring, Rotzky along with both school administrators are guilty. Claishon Ivory was unenrolled without knowing and almost missed more games than he already has to this point. We are talking transfers with GPAs that do not register.
The same players stating false allegations are the same players that have posted how they were lied too. Posts, pics,…This will be the last straw for Rotzky.
I’m looking forward to Euclid being restored to a powerhouse after a miserable year. I’ve seen they have started 18 underclassmen in games. Rick Lytle (St. Edward), multiple (State Championships) to his belt will be able to start to build Euclid back to the 90s.

We all know what happened with Ursiline last post season.. This is a trash comment Viking89. They could only play the teams that were in front of them - beat some good teams along the way.
There is no Ursiline---it's URSULINE, thanks. And yes, the Irish might have gone all the way but got beaten by LC as major starters were out sick.

I find it a little odd/telling that the Jeff Rotsky Chamber of Commerce isn't here blowing smoke up our keesters like they have every day since the rumors of his hiring at VASJ. I've been pretty objective on this guy over the years as nothing has ever been proven but at the same time this was clearly a "buyer beware" situation and VASJ bought in hook, line and sinker.

so this all turned out to be nothing but a huge hoax started by someone with some very questionable ethics! (i know…..funny!)
typical social media BS! what was supposed to come down from the ohsaa never panned out! from what i’ve been told the football team is practicing as usual. the rumors have spread like wildfire so whoever started it, congrats! you got the reaction you were looking for.

so this all turned out to be nothing but a huge hoax started by someone with some very questionable ethics! (i know…..funny!)
typical social media BS! what was supposed to come down from the ohsaa never panned out! from what i’ve been told the football team is practicing as usual. the rumors have spread like wildfire so whoever started it, congrats! you got the reaction you were looking for.
Yeah ok

Attachments

• 7480F031-14B7-440C-9ABF-C785F37476B2.jpeg
    7480F031-14B7-440C-9ABF-C785F37476B2.jpeg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 80
Waiting on appeals. All players that followed him are ineligible and they know that without those players they have no chance to beat Padua.
If that is the case, then they should still be eligible for the playoffs because wouldn't they have been fine for either the first five games (or five weeks ... not sure how that works since VASJ had two cancellations back to back in weeks 4 and 5). Either way, three of their wins should stand if it's five weeks. If it was give games, then the win against Lake Catholic also should stand.

I'm assuming they will, though, have to forfeit the wins against Ursuline and NDCL (for playing ineligible players).

If that is the case, then they should still be eligible for the playoffs because wouldn't they have been fine for either the first five games (or five weeks ... not sure how that works since VASJ had two cancellations back to back in weeks 4 and 5). Either way, three of their wins should stand if it's five weeks. If it was give games, then the win against Lake Catholic also should stand.

I'm assuming they will, though, have to forfeit the wins against Ursuline and NDCL (for playing ineligible players).
let’s not jump to conclusions!

Nothing? From what you’ve been told they’re practicing as usual? So they cancelled a game due to Covid outbreak but are practicing as usual?

The minutes posted were from the Sept OHSAA meeting - the players in question have played since then. I have not heard anything solid from anybody associated with the school - just rumors. I did hear from somebody I trust pretty good that he does not expect anything and it's a lot about nothing. I think at this point anything could happen and it would not surprise me. This was a hire at your own risk situation. There were other coaching options - but very few would give you instant results. When your desperate to restore a broken program you let down your guard a bit and in this case they made a questionable hire. I hope the negative publicity was worth it. Jury is still out.

Sounds like Dean Wormer put them on double secret probation. If they do it again they risk "more serious penalties" including being whipped by a limp noodle, placing their noses in a circle on the blackboard, having to write "I will not recruit" 100 times and missing recess.

Most importantly it sounds like they did just what people said they did.

My tone has not changed. Lake Catholic is closing. Hurry, get in line for the garage sale.
Maybe we can hire Gibbons Jr. He was always around St Joe years ago. Then our team could be uninspired and quit on him just like they did at Euclid. That's how Rotsky came about.

I find it a little odd/telling that the Jeff Rotsky Chamber of Commerce isn't here blowing smoke up our keesters like they have every day since the rumors of his hiring at VASJ. I've been pretty objective on this guy over the years as nothing has ever been proven but at the same time this was clearly a "buyer beware" situation and VASJ bought in hook, line and sinker.
How can we comment on rumor or speculation? If I gave you hardcore evidence clearing Rotsky would you believe it anyway? Was there really an insurrection ? We will ride with him until the evidence shows we can't. Then he can get lost. And only then. For now he's our coach. FWIW.
frustrated seriously GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.