2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The karma is that it appears VASJ and Massillon both cheated.
VASJ has 19 OHSAA state titles and is 11-10 in championships games. Massillon has none and is 0-7 in championship games.
I've never seen a school cheat so heavily yet fail so miserably.
For those that don't know the Tigers are 0-6 in football titles games with the average beat down of over 18 points.
Title Town indeed...
Actually I need to correct this.
I missed the Massillon results in baseball.
No championships of course but 2 more championship losses to bring the total to 0-9.

Rotsky has and always will be a Wolf in sheep's clothing. He'll talk about getting inner city kids opportunities. Yet, watch him out on the practice or game field and he is an obnoxious vile pathetic excuse for a coach. His language and the manner in which he verbally abuses others is far from professional. He is a fraud.

Looks like several VASJ football players are posting on Twitter claiming the accusations and rumors as false…. So who knows what will come out of this

I In that instance Rotsky won’t be around the school much longer, maybe his shortest coaching stint ever?
t’s sounding pretty accurate, apparently Rotsky made contact with one of Harvey’s football players not too long ago trying to get him to transfer.
Do the kids there realize they are one transfer away for not starting anymore, think on that one!

Looks like several VASJ football players are posting on Twitter claiming the accusations and rumors as false…. So who knows what will come out of this
Wouldn’t surprise me if they find out when everyone else does. Highly doubt coach would come out and say guys I messed up seasons over

Wouldn’t surprise me if they find out when everyone else does. Highly doubt coach would come out and say guys I messed up seasons over
It is quite plausible, honestly you would think the AD, coaches would meet with the team to break the news before a statement was released

It is quite plausible, honestly you would think the AD, coaches would meet with the team to break the news before a statement was released
I’m most cases yes but maybe the decision isn’t final yet, and they’re hoping for a different outcome by next week

In the three years prior to hiring this man as head coach, VASJ won 10 games. Tough stretch. But that’s the way it goes sometimes. Enter….Jeff Rotsky?

If anyone associated with VASJ is surprised, shame on them. This is not Jeff Rotsky’s fault. This is the fault of a school that was willing to take a risk on a known cheater. Now piper looks to be collecting. Glad to see AAU football get called out.

Lake Catholic will be holding a garage type sale from May 28th until June 10th in order to liquidate all assets. Unconfirmed/confirmed reports say that Chuck E. Cheese will be leasing out the abandoned space. More reports are stating that there will be a Hall of Fame located in the lavatories. Please, bring your own mask to visit.

No garage sales for LC next spring. That big win week 7 over fake Catholic not so big anymore. See you in the winter.

The tone sure has shifted in this thread.

what the “lcidiot ” is most likely referring to is an incident that occurred at the Euclid soorts plant last spring…He apparently talked to kids he wasn’t supposed to. They self reported themselves to the ohsaa and were required to take classes per the ohsaa! other than that the only other thing i can think of is the beat down a few weeks ago at Case!

Most likely? Yes, you are an idiot.

Let's be frank. When you hire Rotsky you invite this type of controversy. The focus should have been on a long term recovery not a quick fix. When you hire Sal, you put your school in peril. It's not like either of these guys came in as unknown entities.

And please don't call me Frank.

Last edited:
Good Morning Guys! I've been away on a bit of shmita and have not been able to around. I've missed you all so very much.

Now, what has been happening here? My people tell me that the football coach at VASJ has been a bit of a messiah in leading the program to a level not seen in quite some time. As history has taught us, any man that rises to such great power and success is destined to be persecuted for such trials. It seems to me that this may be our people's history repeating itself. It is clear there is a bit of a blood cry here to punish the VASJ football coach but is it necessary?

Sounds like we should know if these rumors and speculations are true or not in the next 24 hours.

OHSAA Board of Directors meeting is underway.

Personally, as a graduate of a top 8 school in this region, I hope VASJ will be in the playoffs so that my alma mater has a chance to make a playoff run and possibly see VASJ in 2nd or 3rd round instead of no VASJ and all the asterisks about "Yeah, but if VASJ..."

More importantly, I hope VASJ football team gets the opportunity to play another football game, regardless if it's the playoffs(hopefully) or not.

Let's be frank. When you hire Rotsky you invite this type of controversy. The focus should have been on a long term recovery not a quick fix. When you hire Sal, you put your school in peril. It's not like either of these guys came in as unknown entities.

And please don't call me Frank.
That's the facts jack!

How likely is it that a roster in 2020 that was a little over 50 could have went to over 100 this year without something going on? Is anyone really surprised?
Not at all...Im a St Joes fan...but if what people are saying is true, It was only a matter if time. His past years have him undwr the microscope.

Just left Lox, Stocks, and Brisket over on Van Aken where I enjoyed a tasty sandwich titled The Ridge, which is a combination of lox, cucumbers, and red onion on a freshly baked bagel, with a few of my favorite chabers. The word from the boys is this is all mere snare and there is nothing to it. After hearing the facts of the case it brought to mind my favorite bout of scripture....

Cain and Abel were brothers once. Both brothers made sacrifices. Cain, in a fit of jealousy, murdered Abel. So for Cain's punishment he will be sent to a life of wandering and loss.

How likely is it that a roster in 2020 that was a little over 50 could have went to over 100 this year without something going on? Is anyone really surprised?
I think I said this in one of the initial posts that started this thread back during the spring. Knowing Rotsky’s history, there was/still is a concern. And, if these rumors are true that they will be vacating their wins, it’s shows those concerns were warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.