2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing a lot of different things on this, most credible is something may be announced tomorrow by OHSAA. If true and the OHSAA has something to say...

And if it does not go the way I am hearing don't shoot me on this one Viking fans. I have nothing but respect for what the school was/is on many levels, JR on the other hand is entirely different situation.
If so, the AD Dept knew what they were getting into and even admitted that they had a close eye on JR and wouldn’t put up with anything illegal, hence the self reported sanctions. If this means season is over because games will be forfeited + post season ban, I hate to see this for the kids to end this way but it is what it is and it’s something the school took a chance on and will likely get burned for. We will have to see who is right

I have heard for a person who knows, they are vacating their wins and will not be in the playoffs.
I'll never understand why the OHSAA's idea of reparative justice is to automatically assign all of a team's opponents a 'win,' thereby murdering their Level 2 points.

I'll never understand why the OHSAA's idea of reparative justice is to automatically assign all of a team's opponents a 'win,' thereby murdering their Level 2 points.
Probably will be vacated and will go as a no contest, you would think

Probably will be vacated and will go as a no contest, you would think
That ideally is what ought to happen (if the intention is to right a wrong.)

Unfortunately, in years past they just assign the win. Which screws teams over to some extent.

The only one it would really hurt is Walsh Jesuit, because they are the only school to beat VASJ and were riding a wave of L2s from that. All the schools who lost to VASJ would actually benefit because they went from 0 total points, to at least .5 in L1s.

But really the state should just rule them all as a no contest and lower the divisor for all their opponents. Then at least Walsh isn't hurt.

I'm hearing a lot of different things on this, most credible is something may be announced tomorrow by OHSAA. If true and the OHSAA has something to say...

And if it does not go the way I am hearing don't shoot me on this one Viking fans. I have nothing but respect for what the school was/is on many levels, JR on the other hand is entirely different situation.
It’s sounding pretty accurate, apparently Rotsky made contact with one of Harvey’s football players not too long ago trying to get him to transfer. In that instance Rotsky won’t be around the school much longer, maybe his shortest coaching stint ever?

This is far worse than getting a few kids to transfer in from other districts is what I am hearing. VASJ needs to run from this immediately and hopefully they can get the program back to respectability soon. This is really really bad.

This is far worse than getting a few kids to transfer in from other districts is what I am hearing. VASJ needs to run from this immediately and hopefully they can get the program back to respectability soon. This is really really bad.
This is sad for the kids who were already there, especially somebody like Joey Webb and others who had been there from the beginning and now see their high school football career over just like that. Even the transfers, you have to feel somewhat bad for if they weren't directly involved in this and were cleared by the OHSAA.

Let the kids play that were there pre-Rotsky. All his recruits and he are banned from the playoffs. And he up for dismissal. Also they must be seeded 16.

So they cheat and get to knock somebody out of the playoffs? No thanks
When you write "they"cheat, who is they? Rotsky sounds like the cheater. Not the kids that were there before he arrived. They did nothing wrong. This way the non cheaters play, and yet there are still consequences: 1. coach is gone. 2. recruits are ineligible 3. school is fined. 4. They are seeded 16.

So they cheat and get to knock somebody out of the playoffs? No thanks
I could see making them forfeit everything, but letting the kids who had been there (or seniors cleared by the OHSAA) play against Padua to give them a final game. (Rotsky obviously suspended and rule the team ineligible for the playoffs).

Maybe that was discussed and Padua declined as beating a now winless VASJ would be less beneficial than taking the lower divisor.

I could see making them forfeit everything, but letting the kids who had been there (or seniors cleared by the OHSAA) play against Padua to give them a final game. (Rotsky obviously suspended and rule the team ineligible for the playoffs).

Maybe that was discussed and Padua declined as beating a now winless VASJ would be less beneficial than taking the lower divisor.
What would be a lot more likely I think is they permit them to schedule someone not in the playoffs for week 11 and give their players one last game

When you write "they"cheat, who is they? Rotsky sounds like the cheater. Not the kids that were there before he arrived. They did nothing wrong. This way the non cheaters play, and yet there are still consequences: 1. coach is gone. 2. recruits are ineligible 3. school is fined. 4. They are seeded 16.
Their results exist because of broken rules, there's nothing more to it. You can't give them the 16 seed and take away the playoff berth from some team that is going to earn it this Friday legally simply because you feel bad for kids who got caught up in it. It's unfortunate but that's the way it has to be

What would be a lot more likely I think is they permit them to schedule someone not in the playoffs for week 11 and give their players one last game

Their results exist because of broken rules, there's nothing more to it. You can't give them the 16 seed and take away the playoff berth from some team that is going to earn it this Friday legally simply because you feel bad for kids who got caught up in it. It's unfortunate but that's the way it has to be
I really do see both sides to this. Either way, kids will pay for this. But whatever and however they do it, there needs to be a consequence for any rule breaking misconduct.

You sell your soul to the devil, you go to hell sooner or later.
I'm trying to be reasonable with this situation. Yes, Rotsky seemingly has got caught violating OHSAA rules (and whether actually proved or not has likely done so at every stop he has been at).

I don't know the guy but it seems like his biggest flaw is being hyper competitive to the point the OHSAA rulebook is merely a suggestion. I guess that could be a flaw on his part, but overall he does seem to care about his players and his foundation has helped a lot of kids from difficult backgrounds (correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe all the kids who were/are athletes).

Maybe not caring about the rulebook is a moral flaw (its definitely not criminal) and even then that just depends on your stance about transfers.

With that, the rules are what they are, even if personally find them archaic in a lot of ways so, so don't have an issue with the OHSAA punishing him/VASJ. At the same time, like I mentioned, still have to feel for the kids who were on the team and were not involved.

Well with nothing official out yet, we won’t know for sure until a press release is out or reported by the News Herald/Cleveland.com

Wonder if Rotsky wore a mask to hide his identity on those recruiting trips?
I do not know the guy. I do have info that I have shared with others in private Yappi conversations. This is why there are no posts from me extolling his virtues or Rah Rah for the team. Excited for the school -YES, with plenty of wait and see during the season.

It's called karma there sweetie....and I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Enjoying every second of it.
The karma is that it appears VASJ and Massillon both cheated.
VASJ has 19 OHSAA state titles and is 11-10 in championships games. Massillon has none and is 0-7 in championship games.
I've never seen a school cheat so heavily yet fail so miserably.
For those that don't know the Tigers are 0-6 in football title games with the average beat down of over 18 points.
Title Town indeed...

Last edited:
Looks like there's a level lower than the basement. Lol.
Obviously Massillon Coach Moore houses P5 linemen in the basement, like Thayer Munford and Terrance Moore (formerly Rankl)
Is this lower level where they keep the FCS caliber player?

One good candidate for the Massillon housing program is former Beachwood All State lineman Marcus Moore.
He wouldn't even have to change his last name if he got adopted. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.