2021 UWW Senior World Championship Schedule

RWF 163
USA 160
IRI 146
Russia has 2 left (both in finals); Iran has 3 left (1 finals, 2 consis ... not yet in Bronze medal matches); US has 1 left (finals, not favored). Looks like Russia now has the inside track to the title.

The RWF 70kg is in the 3rd/5th place match. If he wins the RWF clinches the team title. If he loses, the team title will be decided, once again, by Sad vs Snyder IV. In 2017 the team title came down to the Sad vs Snyder match. Snyder beat him giving USA their 1st team title since 1996 OLY. The 2021 OLY was decided by the Sad vs Snyder match, giving ROC the OLY title. I don't know if Snyder can pull it off, but I'm hoping for a RWF loss at 70kg just to put some added drama in the last match.

Burkert wins in the repechage. Wrestles for bronze.
Molinari by fall over Mongolia.
Hildebrandt 10-0.
Adeline by fall.
Fujinami is a badass. 17yrs old.

Only path for USA
IRI 70kg loses in consos, RWF 70 loses 3rd/5th match, Snyder beats Sad
Team USA MFS had a good night w/o taking the mat. IRI lost the 70kg conso match and now has only the 3rd/5th match left. But the better news is that USA Green 70kg was slotted into the 7th place overall position, earning USA 8 team pts bringing USA to 168. RWF has yet to take the mat but has 2 guys to go - Sad at 97 finals and Zherbaevâ at 70kg. Here's the current team scores:

USA 168
RWF 163
IRI 157

IRI w/ one guy left (potential 5 pts) can't catch USA. If RWF loses 70kg (5pts) then they can tie with a Sad win (5pts). A sweep by RWF secures the team title. Captain America can take all the drama out w/ a win over Sad. I'm not sure what happens if it's tied (RWF loses at 70kg and Sad wins). I don't know if there's a tie breaker or if we stay tied.

Iran is out after the loss at 70.
We're at 168 and Russia 163. Best Iran can do is 162, I believe.
If Zherbaev wins bronze at 70 for Russia, Sad/Snyder is winner-take-all.
If Zherbaev loses, we lock it up on tiebreakers. Even if Sadulaev wins.

Iran is out after the loss at 70.
We're at 168 and Russia 163. Best Iran can do is 162, I believe.
If Zherbaev wins bronze at 70 for Russia, Sad/Snyder is winner-take-all.
If Zherbaev loses, we lock it up on tiebreakers. Even if Sadulaev wins.
You beat me to it, MP.

From UWW
If several teams have an equal amount of points, these teams will be ranked following this criteria:
1. most first places
2. most second places
3. most third places
4. etc.

W/ a Sad win, both teams have 3 champs. USA has 2 2nd places to RWF's 1.

You beat me to it, MP.

From UWW
If several teams have an equal amount of points, these teams will be ranked following this criteria:
1. most first places
2. most second places
3. most third places
4. etc.

W/ a Sad win, both teams have 3 champs. USA has 2 2nd places to RWF's 1.
You win too, according to this guy...

Participation trophies and medals for everyone. We wouldn't want anyone to feel bad about themselves.