2021 UWW Senior World Championship Schedule

Dake wins Gold! RWF takes Bronze at 74.

IRI 126
USA 125
RWF 98
Third world gold medal for Kyle Dake, in addition to the Olympic bronze. Wonder how many guys have won a world championship, then dropped in weight to win another one? Has to be a pretty small list.

GWiz lost his bronz match. Zaire crushed the Georgian For the total.
I think the guy said Iran went 16-0! Wow. And they are young.

End of day 2

IRI 136
USA 125
RWF 103
57kg- USA v Iran head-to-head (USA slight favorite)
65kg- Iran in finals (toss-up), USA eliminated
70kg- Iran good draw top-half, USA bad draw bottom-half
79kg- USA v Iran head-to-head (USA favorite)
92kg- Iran in finals (slight favorite), USA for bronze (big favorite)
97kg- USA + Iran bottom half, USA favored

Looking pretty rough for Team USA, in my opinion. Iran was on fire all weekend and put up huge wins at 86kg and 92kg.

57kg- USA v Iran head-to-head (USA slight favorite)
65kg- Iran in finals (toss-up), USA eliminated
70kg- Iran good draw top-half, USA bad draw bottom-half
79kg- USA v Iran head-to-head (USA favorite)
92kg- Iran in finals (slight favorite), USA for bronze (big favorite)
97kg- USA + Iran bottom half, USA favored

Looking pretty rough for Team USA, in my opinion. Iran was on fire all weekend and put up huge wins at 86kg and 92kg.
Tho not out of it yet, RWF leapfrogged USA and now is a whisker behind IRI. USA needs a much better day today than yesterday to stay in contention for the team title. Like the OLY team title, it could come down to the Sad vs Snyder match.

IRI 146
RWF 143
USA 135

Green TF.
Snyder TF.
Miracle TF.
Burkert loses 14-4.

Green loses 6-5
Snyder TF.
Miracle 13-2
Green needs Bayramov to beat Gadzhiev, Be wild if Bayramov got pinned by Keegan and then won Senior worlds. Even if Bayramov wins, Green would have to go through Batirov and then Gadzhiev to medal, a tough task for anyone.

I think Kayla should be favored in the semis and an underdog in the finals. Tynybekova of Kyrgyzstan is up top with a win over Japan already

Snyder-Sadulaev IV looks to be happening. Think Burkert isn't at that world level.

Brutal 70kg semi there. Bayramov loses to Gadzhiev, eliminating James Green. Additionally, Akmataliev beats Zherbaev, bringing Iran back through repechage

WOWOWOW Kyle Snyder gets a takedown with three seconds left to beat Goleij of Iran 3-2.

Sadualev rolled to an 11-0 victory. Gonna be a tall task for Snyder in the finals, but he's secured a SEVENTH straight world medal.

Gilman made a believer out of me at the OLY. At 27 years old, he likely is still reaching his prime. Everyone has been talking about Spencer, but "no knees" Spencer doesn't beat this version of Gilman. Sadly, I think Spencer's best days are behind him. But I'd still pick him to win NCAAs this year.

Last edited: