2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should assume that was the blown call at CCHS on the QB fumble? Clearly a fumble...
Who was the CCHS QB on that play? I remember CCHS getting to the championship game with Campbell, but I believe Washington was the original starter and was hurt at home against Fremont.
Pretty sure it was the Findlay game. I remember he scored on the very first play of the game. The injury was in the second half during a running clock, if I remember right. He came back for the championship game finally, but was only used as a linebacker.

irish_buffalo and eastisbest mentioned the QB talent in 2012 but I also recall the type of linemen Toledo high schools produced. The first time I saw Jack Mewhort was at Donnell. He had the best game against Findlay that night that I could remember an offensive lineman having since Pace. He was literally collapsing an entire side of the defensive line past the center on his down block. If the other guys on the O-line got caught up in the wash he took them along for the ride.

Were Mewhort and Miller on the same team? Whitmer, Storm Norton was about that time, been bouncing around the NFL. Also Marquise Moore. Dieter in Genoa. Towbridge? Or was he later?

Were Mewhort and Miller on the same team? Whitmer, Storm Norton was about that time, been bouncing around the NFL. Also Marquise Moore. Dieter in Genoa. Towbridge? Or was he later?
You and irish_buffalo are the people I count on knowing that, I can't keep up with you two where Toledo history is concerned.

You and irish_buffalo are the people I count on knowing that, I can't keep up with you two where Toledo history is concerned.
There's some old time athletes and coaches around that know it better than me. IB knows it way better than me. He's just waiting for me to make a mistake so he can come in and correct me. Actually, I think the 2010-11 was probably the better years for lineman. Wormley, Hayes, Cameron, Boles as well as those 2012 guys. I know I'm forgetting some from AW.

Last edited:
This week is shaping up perfectly for Whitmer. Absolutely zero talk about the game. Whitmer is flying under the radar in this one. After they “steal” the win Friday (just for you Maple guy), everyone will be wow these guys are 7 pts from being undefeated. Deep playoff run talk…
I haven't seen several teams in that region aside from video snippets but Whitmer is the best team I've seen this year in person. Whitmer seems to be in the category of Marysville and Springfield in terms of being legit.

The lack of buzz about TCC/Whitmer is surprising.

This week is shaping up perfectly for Whitmer. Absolutely zero talk about the game. Whitmer is flying under the radar in this one. After they “steal” the win Friday (just for you Maple guy), everyone will be wow these guys are 7 pts from being undefeated. Deep playoff run talk…
Having McCoy play will add to the Whitmer running game....

Having McCoy play will add to the Whitmer running game....
McCoy isn’t even their RB2…
It looks like it’s shaping up to be run vs pass type of game with Watson out for the rest of the year for TCC. The backup is good but they’re probably going to be relying on the arm of Clark and the height of the Lee’s.

I know virtually nothing about Whitmer defensively. If TCC’s D-Line can try and hustle Hornbeak and stifle the run (which looks like it’ll be a test with the much lauded O-Line of Whitmer) that’ll definitely be helpful.

McCoy isn’t even their RB2…
It looks like it’s shaping up to be run vs pass type of game with Watson out for the rest of the year for TCC. The backup is good but they’re probably going to be relying on the arm of Clark and the height of the Lee’s.

I know virtually nothing about Whitmer defensively. If TCC’s D-Line can try and hustle Hornbeak and stifle the run (which looks like it’ll be a test with the much lauded O-Line of Whitmer) that’ll definitely be helpful.
He is referring to McCoy being back from injury.

Mewhort 2008
Miller 2010
Norton 2011
Moore 2012
Towbridge 2012
Dieter 2013

Year is for last season played, not graduation. Deiter's senior season was 2013 but he obviously graduated in 2014.

I should assume that was the blown call at CCHS on the QB fumble? Clearly a fumble...
Who was the CCHS QB on that play? I remember CCHS getting to the championship game with Campbell, but I believe Washington was the original starter and was hurt at home against Fremont.
It was Washington. Went on to start at OLB at Trine for 3 years.

That darned whistle! Whitmer LB Luke Walling returned the fumble for a TD which was called back for an inadvertent whistle. Conspiracy theorists would say "how convenient." :ROFLMAO:

It was a classic smashmouth packed house Whitmer/CCHS game nonethless.

Mewhort 2008
Miller 2010
Norton 2011
Moore 2012
Towbridge 2012
Dieter 2013

Year is for last season played, not graduation. Deiter's senior season was 2013 but he obviously graduated in 2014.

AW didn't have some? I feel like they've had some lineman over the years.

Not sure how I forgot Donnal. Still, I thought there were more. Probably from further back, the years starting to compact together a bit.

That's pretty good lineman production by Whitmer. It's that Golden Corral.

Not sure how I forgot Donnal. Still, I thought there were more. Probably from further back, the years starting to compact together a bit.

That's pretty good lineman production by Whitmer. It's that Golden Corral.
SJ has had a recent string of really good bigs.

Miller 2014 - Wisconsin (forced to quit due to injury)
Rattay 2015 - Navy
Berg 2016 - Toledo (Current 3 year starter at OT)
Beier 2017 - Minnesota
Dooley 2017 - EMU (Current 2 year starter at OT)

TCC has had some good ones as well

Boles 2009 - Illinois
Cameron 2009 - Toledo
Miles 2013 - Toledo
Hudson 2016 - UM/Cincinnati (NFL - Browns)
Craig 2017 - YSU
Kimble 2017 - Ashland
Cannon 2018 - Ashland
Sennett 2020 - Wayne State

and I know the conference has had some good QBs lately. I don't think the area had ever been known for college prepared QBs. Now it seems a regular occurrence.

In the secondary, I don't think there has been much. A kid who went up to MSU for a bit, the name isn't coming to me. Has an m in it. Anderson and Norrils SJJ-UT. That's all I can recall.

and I know the conference has had some good QBs lately. I don't think the area had ever been known for college prepared QBs. Now it seems a regular occurrence.

In the secondary, I don't think there has been much. A kid who went up to MSU for a bit, the name isn't coming to me. Has an m in it. Anderson and Norrils SJJ-UT. That's all I can recall.
Obviously that first year had some DUDES.

Holley - Whitmer/KSU - Pro
Roback - SJ/EMU - Pro
Kizer - CCHS/ND - Pro
Casiano - Findlay/Findlay
Niswander - Findlay/UT
Wolfe - Fremont/Tiffin
Pennington - Clay/Findlay

The Nees kid from SF went to the Washington DIII school in St. Louis.

Beyond those guys...

Winters - CCHS/Trine (AA DB)
Slick - Fremont/Tiffin
Winzeler - SJ/Miami CC/Findlay
Bodeman - Whitmer/Robert Morris
Keller - Whitmer/BGSU
Durden - CCHS/Kent State
Lichtenburg - SJ/Cincinnati

The DB you are thinking of is Mark Meyers.

I watched Storm Norton on Monday Night he had a really good game for the Chargers!

someone on the toledo board was saying he has been iffy but acknowledged, he was protecting blind side against Chase Young, Max Crosby (he already did that in the MAC). Fortunately he'll only be pairing off against either Clowney or Garrett against Cleveland.

I was watching his travels undrafted out of Toledo. He was all over the map, I was hoping for a travelog. He has a great interview presence, could have made a dime selling his travel tales.

Anybody see what happened at the end of Whitmer-CC?? Is Whitmer gonna be down players next game because they went on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.