2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buti was 6-4 at Findlay in one season and then chose to go to Defiance where he was very successful. Whether he just thought Defiance was a better place for his family or he didn't like the "atmosphere" I do not know. Cromwell took Findlay to the playoffs in his second year and his last two years were not so good. I do remember that Cromwell was not at all happy with Findlay and their football "administration" at the time. 35 years later there are a completely different group of people running FCS. Now, if they still have the same old Findlay attitude then they will probably keep Adams around and mire in underachievement even in the NLL We'll know more at the end of the season. The only games that I think the Trojans have any chance to win are Clay and Lima and I'm not real confident about either one of those. Even at 4-6, Adams has not shown himself to be a good coach and should be replaced. I'm just not sure that we have the people smart enough to get the right coach for Findlay, if one even exists.
I recall an article in the Courier where Buti recounted an instance when "some yahoo" came up to him on the sideline during the game wanting to know when he would get paid for whatever, ticket sales, I don't remember. He seemed to not understand the mentality. Cromwell came in with the mind set that the Findlay kids would fall in line with his toughness and defense-first approach that he had in Toledo. When the kids didn't fall all over themselves with "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir!" enthusiasm for his approach he figured that they were soft and bolted.

If SJJ doesn't get some kids back it will be a tough night against Whitmer although it would be anyway.

St. Francis wins because Clay.

Lima has kids but not enough offensive production to seriously test TCC.

Findlay seems to be in an odd position in that when things are going well it's almost as if they are just counting the moments until the roof falls in, then they say "See, told ya." There's not much confidence IMO but the Ross rivalry will take care of that, at least early. If the Ross defense doesn't show up this will be a much better game than it should be. To me it's like my feelings on the Sandusky game that if Ross had a shred of pride they would make a statement against the Streaks, which they did. Findlay kids have pride and won't lay down for 5-0 Ross so if FR wants to win the TRAC they need to come into Donnell and lay down tracks.

Okay, enough about Findlay (you're welcome)
09/24 games
St. John's at Whitmer
Clay at St. Francis
Lima at Central Catholic
Ross at Findlay
Whitmer by 30
If Pettaway is healthy, Clay wins 31-28
Central by as many as they want…40+
Ross wins 56-24

Central by as many as they want…40+

Do you realize the Lima PERU has a Popeye's Chicken but Lima OHIO does not, apparently? I was wondering what they feed the away team and got to thinking of the Popeye's just down the street from Central.

Only Central by as many as they want if they keep first team in. Lima's got some players and they've had half a season to get better as a team.
Central by 20
Whitmer by two scores (presuming SJJ's injuries)
SFS by 3
Ross by 7 rivalry keeping it close and Ross has some work to do. Not at potential.

Do you realize the Lima PERU has a Popeye's Chicken but Lima OHIO does not, apparently? I was wondering what they feed the away team and got to thinking of the Popeye's just down the street from Central.

Only Central by as many as they want if they keep first team in. Lima's got some players and they've had half a season to get better as a team.
Central by 20
SFS by 3
Ross by 7 rivalry keeping it close and Ross has some work to do. Not at potential.
But Lima, Peru does not have this
1632411118220.png

I’ve been hard on the Findlay staff but tonight looked night and day difference! What we changes were made they were great moves!

I went to Findlay game to see Fremont. And Findlay was 4 and 5 wide. They threw for almost 400yds. They looked like a different animal! They dominated Fremont!

Central by 20
SFS by 3
don't quit the day job.

Clay seemed to be hanging in there, then the doors blew off.

Realistically, Ross isn't far from .500 as we speak. I hate to say this, .500 at season's end still a possibility.
Central will beat the Little Giants more than likely. I give Whitmer a slight edge at this point. Holmes can change things in a hurry.

Ross took Findlay lightly and saw things Findlay had not done on film. Perfect storm IMO. Findlay has the dudes to play with most anyone in the state under the right game plan.

I'd like to see Ross spell Green more on O and let him be a terror on D. His tank empties pretty quickly going both ways.

Lots of pearl clutching going on after the Ross loss to Findlay. The Trojans came out on homecoming with something to prove, and did just that. It's easy to see the worst after a loss, especially if that's what you are looking for.

One game at a time.

Ross/SJJ and St. Francis/Findlay should be good games. Whitmer/Lima and TCC/Clay not so much.

Central will beat the Little Giants more than likely. I give Whitmer a slight edge at this point. Holmes can change things in a hurry.

Ross took Findlay lightly and saw things Findlay had not done on film. Perfect storm IMO. Findlay has the dudes to play with most anyone in the state under the right game plan.

I'd like to see Ross spell Green more on O and let him be a terror on D. His tank empties pretty quickly going both ways.
The problem I have is since I'm not always the brightest crayon in the box, but knew better as a fan not to take Findlay lightly for reasons I stated, that the coaches/kids didn't see this coming?

Btw, that's 2 Weeks in a row an opponent bunked the trend, and threw the kitchen sink at Ross. I've defended the Ross coaches, but seems like a little unprepared to me

The problem I have is since I'm not always the brightest crayon in the box, but knew better as a fan not to take Findlay lightly for reasons I stated, that the coaches/kids didn't see this coming?

Btw, that's 2 Weeks in a row an opponent bunked the trend, and threw the kitchen sink at Ross. I've defended the Ross coaches, but seems like a little unprepared to me
I think it has to do with them deciding early on that they are going to live and die by Holmes. Ross never really establishes the run, which hurts. Holmes can kill you but an offense like what Ross runs has variables (weather, wind, off night, etc.).

I think it has to do with them deciding early on that they are going to live and die by Holmes. Ross never really establishes the run, which hurts. Holmes can kill you but an offense like what Ross runs has variables (weather, wind, off night, etc.).
I do agree with your premise about the Lines. Ross is going to have to decide where certain players are more important on each Line, or they will continue to wear down. I even noticed going back to Tiffin game how Tornadoes were keeping fresh while Ross was cramping like champs. For some inexplicable reason, TC took the foot off the pedal which cost them

Status
Not open for further replies.