2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think you actually read what I’m saying to you. My explanations are pretty clear you just don’t like what I’m saying. Evidently if someone doesn’t think Monroe makes the playoffs they are just being negative? You forgot NewOldBlood picked them to win 3 but he softened it for you so now it’s all good?
At least Hosers gets it. Still judging Monroe before the season starts. You keep giving reasons why you think Monroe will suck. Yes they got many holes to plug but give em a chance dude. If you don’t think Mullins has the team going up then forget about it. Yes their team may in your opinion be a year away from really being great you just keep on doubting them. Isn’t there anything positive you see Monroe doing? Well your friend is just as negative as you. Cheer for someone else then.

At least Hosers gets it. Still judging Monroe before the season starts. You keep giving reasons why you think Monroe will suck. Yes they got many holes to plug but give em a chance dude. If you don’t think Mullins has the team going up then forget about it. Yes their team may in your opinion be a year away from really being great you just keep on doubting them. Isn’t there anything positive you see Monroe doing? Well your friend is just as negative as you. Cheer for someone else then.
I bet you're a Bengals fan too! :cool: Your enthusiasm for the Hornets is certainly appreciated. I don't think lightyears or I either one is rooting against the Hornets only giving our honest opinion of where we think they are at. I will gladly eat crow if they go 7-3 or 8-2 and make the playoffs. I did pick them to beat the Tallywhackers Friday so maybe you're starting to get through to me.

My picks:
Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood
@ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville
vs Tri-County North
Carlisle @ TVS
Eaton @ Greenville
VV
@ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

I bet you're a Bengals fan too! :cool: Your enthusiasm for the Hornets is certainly appreciated. I don't think lightyears or I either one is rooting against the Hornets only giving our honest opinion of where we think they are at. I will gladly eat crow if they go 7-3 or 8-2 and make the playoffs. I did pick them to beat the Tallywhackers Friday so maybe you're starting to get through to me.
Cowboys fan here. Can’t stand the bengals.

I agree with IRLMN, I believe Valley View struggles with Shawnee this week. Shawnee has typically been a competitive scrimmage for them over the years. I expect it to be a close game and from what we saw in scrimmages, VV isn't clean in the kicking game. I'm very interested to see how Bellbrook fairs against Tipp City. The Eagles may be able to win that game. Here are my predictions for Week 1:

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville
vs Tri-County North
Carlisle @ Twin Valley South
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

So who does everyone have winning the Week 1 matchups?

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville vs Tri-County North
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

Here are my picks:
Waynesville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Mariemont
Monroe
Brookville
Carlisle
Eaton
Valley View
Greeneview
Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville vs Tri-County North
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

Waynesville ✓ @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp ✓
Franklin @ Fenwick ✓
Oakwood ✓@ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda ✓
Brookville ✓ vs Tri-County North
Carlisle ✓@ Twin Valley South
Eaton ✓@ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee ✓
Madison ✓@ Greeneview

Waynesville ✓ @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp ✓
Franklin @ Fenwick ✓
Oakwood ✓@ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda ✓
Brookville ✓ vs Tri-County North
Carlisle ✓@ Twin Valley South
Eaton ✓@ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee ✓
Madison ✓@ Greeneview
Do you think Bellbrook has a shot to beat Tipp City? I think that might be the best game of the week in the SWBL.

Do you think Bellbrook has a shot to beat Tipp City? I think that might be the best game of the week in the SWBL.
Absolutely!! Don’t count the Golden Eagles out of this one. I’m not familiar with Tipp or their personnel, but Bellbrook still has some dudes that can play. Could be best backfield Tipp sees all season.

Yes I do. Tipp is pretty good but I can't vote for them. It's a Milton thing.
Hoser you might be correct. But the end game is I'm just one guy.

they had a home to home series just a few years ago , in which they split . Tipp took the first contest at bellbrook and bellbrook beat them the last contest in tipp

2018-19 season
Bellbrook 17
Tipp 9

2017-18 season
Tipp 21
Bellbrook 14

Bellbrook absolutely has a chance
Although they lost a lot from last years team they return a ton of firepower at all skill positions and host nice lines . It will be a battle

they had a home to home series just a few years ago , in which they split . Tipp took the first contest at bellbrook and bellbrook beat them the last contest in tipp

2018-19 season
Bellbrook 17
Tipp 9

2017-18 season
Tipp 21
Bellbrook 14

Bellbrook absolutely has a chance
Although they lost a lot from last years team they return a ton of firepower at all skill positions and host nice lines . It will be a battle
I think this years Tipp team will be better than anything they've fielded in that time. They will push Piqua for the MVL.

uh if Franklin cant beat Fenwick the Wildcats are in for a long year I know what Fenwick has coming back but I did not see Franklin last year.
Last year for Franklin. Was a ok year. The defense kept them in games and won them games last year. The dc went on to colerain. The offense struggled a lot but also it seem like they was calling same 3-4 plays. They have the athletes but they need to gel together and they are running a new offense also. So this 1st game will be interesting

Franklin may win that game, but their offense left a lot to be desired in 2020. Unless that side of the ball is improved, they may win, but they won't "kill" many teams.
Franklin will be competitive but last year seemed like alright year to me as well. I just don’t think they played up to their potential last year. They beat us in a 17-0 contest vs Monroe but we turned the ball over twice in the first half which didn’t help. Franklin could have blown us out but I agree their offense didn’t have that firepower last year.

Franklin will be competitive but last year seemed like alright year to me as well. I just don’t think they played up to their potential last year. They beat us in a 17-0 contest vs Monroe but we turned the ball over twice in the first half which didn’t help. Franklin could have blown us out but I agree their offense didn’t have that firepower last year.
Agreed. Franklin probably didn't live up to their expectations last season, but also weren't a poor team either. What's the word on their scrimmages or their new coaching staff?

Not supporting Snively was a turning point for the program. They were coming off state semis appearance, 7th/8th grade Holy Family team was loaded and Fenwick was becoming an attractive program to draw from the local districts. It all fell apart when they didn't financially support Snively and the football program. There were donors that wanted to support football specifically but the school wouldn't allow it.

Not supporting Snively was a turning point for the program. They were coming off state semis appearance, 7th/8th grade Holy Family team was loaded and Fenwick was becoming an attractive program to draw from the local districts. It all fell apart when they didn't financially support Snively and the football program. There were donors that wanted to support football specifically but the school wouldn't allow it.
Politics at it’s worst. It’s just sad. Every school tho.

Carlisle this year will be better than years past. They have some solid seniors at the skill positions. I could see a potential 5-5/4-6 season. in scrimmages they were up on Kenton Ridge 7-6 at half then got cancelled due to storms. They played in a Tri scrimmage with Tecumseh and Oakwood and held their own. Hard to tell in scrimmages but looked better than years past, Only thing that will hurt them is if they get behind early as they run the Triple. I know they do not have much following on here just wanted to shed some light on them.

What all does Tipp City have coming back this season?

I don’t know what Tipp is going to do at QB, it may be Gavin Garlitz who was an HM All-MVL player last year on defense, but both Burgbacher and Shultz’s sons will be sophomores and both are QBs so we will see. Tipp hasn’t had a guy who could really sling it in a couple years. They do return their leading rusher from last year, HM All-MVL Griffin Caldwell, and I would look for him to really break out this year and maybe compete for most rushing yards in the league. Tipp also has their leading tackler from last season in 1st Team All-MVL linebacker Cayd Everhart who had 124 tackles last year. They are returning 7 of their 11 top tacklers from last year. Lastly, I think Tipp is going to have one of the best O-Lines they’ve had in recent years as they really have some size returning. They return 6’4 250 2nd Team All-MVL OT Davis Featherstone who is receiving interest from a bunch of Ivy League schools, as well as 6’3 250 second team All-MVL OL/DL Lawson Cook, and 6’4 309 center Jackson Blaul-Green. They also have 6’4 296 junior OLineman Tristen Matherson.
Tipp also returns HM All-MVL players, David Chavez DL, and Cole Coppock TE. I’d also lookout for wide receiver Xavier Jones to have a breakout year

So is Badin. Alter is going to be down a bit I think, they're always somewhat loaded but not like what Knights fans might be use to. Chaminade going to have to prove it on the field after being down quite a bit last year.
Alter/Fairmont Thursday night we will see what Alter has. Several people I have talked to thinks Alter has a shot at D-III state .

Status
Not open for further replies.