2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakwood played at Carroll. Oakwood up 21-0 at half. They played 6 to 7 minutes of the Q and let the JV finish the night.

Carroll struggled all night both sides of the ball and will have a long season.

Jacks looked pretty good and as for the program and kids it was a positive night. Kids appear to be buying into the new OC Brian Blevins. He runs the spread.

I hope they can take last night momentum down to Mariemont next Friday.

Oakwood played at Carroll. Oakwood up 21-0 at half. They played 6 to 7 minutes of the Q and let the JV finish the night.

Carroll struggled all night both sides of the ball and will have a long season.

Jacks looked pretty good and as for the program and kids it was a positive night. Kids appear to be buying into the new OC Brian Blevins. He runs the spread.

I hope they can take last night momentum down to Mariemont next Friday.
Carroll has been terrible for a long time. They used to be really really good. Don’t know what happened to them but good for Oakwood seems like they finally found their missing piece. Eaton should be good this year too. Monroe plays at Oakwood again. Should be fun one to watch. The hornets travel to Eaton in the last game.

Again, scrimmages are so hard to judge. I know I'm expecting big things from Milton this year. If they can get past Valley View, Oakwood and Riverside, they could have a monumental year. This bunch comes back next year too, right Dograt?

Again, scrimmages are so hard to judge. I know I'm expecting big things from Milton this year. If they can get past Valley View, Oakwood and Riverside, they could have a monumental year. This bunch comes back next year too, right Dograt?
You can tell that to the guys on my Monroe Hornets 2021 thread. One bad scrimmage and people push the panic button. It is hard to judge scrimmages which really don’t mean much but Monroe is trending up. Goodluck to MU this year.

You can tell that to the guys on my Monroe Hornets 2021 thread. One bad scrimmage and people push the panic button. It is hard to judge scrimmages which really don’t mean much but Monroe is trending up. Goodluck to MU this year.
For the record, you haven’t given any reason for Monroe trending up, but have been given multiple reasons for them struggling. The scrimmage was just 1 of the many?
For example, you say Carroll has been terrible for a long time but Monroe is trending up. Carroll was 6-4 in 2018. When was the last time Monroe sniffed a winning record?

For the record, you haven’t given any reason for Monroe trending up, but have been given multiple reasons for them struggling. The scrimmage was just 1 of the many?
For example, you say Carroll has been terrible for a long time but Monroe is trending up. Carroll was 6-4 in 2018. When was the last time Monroe sniffed a winning record?
You don’t think winning a playoff game for the first time in 11 years isn’t trending up? You all are basing Monroe’s season on 1 bad scrimmage. I haven’t seen them play yet so how do you expect me to know what they’re struggling with? Ok well what are they so called terrible at? Offense Defense Special teams? Tell me what. Carroll hasn’t been good in a while despite that 2018 6-4 record you say. I’m talking about the days when they were the team to beat in the Dayton area besides Alter. Are you Monroe fan or not? If you are your pretty negative thinking. Well at least an Edgewood guy thinks we’re trending up. Pretty bad when your own fans ain’t optimistic about their teams season. And who the hell was the people calling for just 3 wins you said in the Monroe thread? Scrimmages don’t mean much. What is so hard about that? But heaven forbid down 21-0 4 mins left in 1st qtr determined Monroe’s fate this year you all think.

Last edited:
You don’t think winning a playoff game for the first time in 11 years isn’t trending up? You all are basing Monroe’s season on 1 bad scrimmage. I haven’t seen them play yet so how do you expect me to know what they’re struggling with? Ok well what are they so called terrible at? Offense Defense Special teams? Tell me what. Carroll hasn’t been good in a while despite that 2018 6-4 record you say. I’m talking about the days when they were the team to beat in the Dayton area besides Alter. Are you Monroe fan or not? If you are your pretty negative thinking. Well at least an Edgewood guy thinks we’re trending up. Pretty bad when your own fans ain’t optimistic about their teams season. And who the hell was the people calling for just 3 wins you said in the Monroe thread?
Blows my mind you think Monroe is better this year because they won a playoff game. 21 of their points from that game do not return. It’s a different team.

Blows my mind you think Monroe is better this year because they won a playoff game. 21 of their points from that game do not return. It’s a different team.
Blows my mind you think negative about everything. Thank you Hosers at least someone has positive things to say. Dude scrimmages don’t determine how things will go. I can tell you don’t have much faith in Mullins and co. Answer this do you really think you can base Monroe’s season record you predict on 1 scrimmage?

Blows my mind you think negative about everything. Thank you Hosers at least someone has positive things to say. Dude scrimmages don’t determine how things will go. I can tell you don’t have much faith in Mullins and co. Answer this do you really think you can base Monroe’s season record you predict on 1 scrimmage?
I could care less about the scrimmage. I told you way before they scrimmaged why your pie in the sky view doesn’t make sense. You don’t seem to know the difference between negativity and realistic and that’s okay.

I could care less about the scrimmage. I told you way before they scrimmaged why your pie in the sky view doesn’t make sense. You don’t seem to know the difference between negativity and realistic and that’s okay
I could care less about the scrimmage. I told you way before they scrimmaged why your pie in the sky view doesn’t make sense. You don’t seem to know the difference between negativity and realistic and that’s okay.
So What’s your point? Why do you think Monroe won’t be any good? Just curious. I can do this all day. You never did answer my question if your a Monroe fan? You based Monroe’s season on how Badin was beating us and automatically assumed that’s how bad you think we are. Let’s see what happens Friday.

The main things I’m looking for in scrimmages is the teams speed, rhythm and rotations. Of course if you completely handle a team it is noteworthy but in VVs case I was more interested in looking at offensive scheme and rotation. VV has above average speed and will be pass heavy this season. Defense looked OK. Seemed to be in the right spots more times than not. VV will have depth issues with having low #s but I think once they find offensive rhythm they will be hard to contain.

My assessment has zero to do with the scrimmage as I already pointed out. They lost more than they can replace and you don’t get better losing a QB like they had in an offense that requires experience.

My assessment has zero to do with the scrimmage as I already pointed out. They lost more than they can replace and you don’t get better losing a QB like they had in an offense that requires experience.
Doesn’t mean they’re gonna suck. Your saying they’re not getting anywhere anytime soon. Mullins has the ship steering in the right direction. You said the Badin scrimmage confirmed how terrible you think Monroe will be. Your not even giving them a chance. Yes Deaton was really good but doesn’t mean Pitsch will suck. Not when you got Jackson and Miles behind you.

Doesn’t mean they’re gonna suck. Your saying they’re not getting anywhere anytime soon. Mullins has the ship steering in the right direction. You said the Badin scrimmage confirmed how terrible you think Monroe will be. Your not even giving them a chance. Yes Deaton was really good but doesn’t mean Pitsch will suck. Not when you got Jackson and Miles behind you.
Valley View went 26-8 for three years with Colin Wood as their QB from 2015-2017 and 22-10 from 2018-2020 (only went 6-3 in 2020 with the weird season) with Cade Cradlebaugh replacing Wood. But Cade made it to a regional final and Colin didn’t so while replacing a QB is important, supporting cast around any QB, new or experienced is just as important. If you have great skill guys you can absolutely take the next step regardless of experience at QB imo. VV has had back to back 3 year starting QBs who have had regular season and post season success and are again turning the reigns over to another sophomore who has minimal game experience. Basing off the scrimmages these past few weeks. VV again has the skill guys around the new QB to make his job easier.

You don’t think winning a playoff game for the first time in 11 years isn’t trending up? You all are basing Monroe’s season on 1 bad scrimmage. I haven’t seen them play yet so how do you expect me to know what they’re struggling with? Ok well what are they so called terrible at? Offense Defense Special teams? Tell me what. Carroll hasn’t been good in a while despite that 2018 6-4 record you say. I’m talking about the days when they were the team to beat in the Dayton area besides Alter. Are you Monroe fan or not? If you are your pretty negative thinking. Well at least an Edgewood guy thinks we’re trending up. Pretty bad when your own fans ain’t optimistic about their teams season. And who the hell was the people calling for just 3 wins you said in the Monroe thread? Scrimmages don’t mean much. What is so hard about that? But heaven forbid down 21-0 4 mins left in 1st qtr determined Monroe’s fate this year you all think.
But with everyone making the playoffs last year, winning a single playoff game means a little less doesn’t it? Heck, last year Tipp won 2 playoff games, but 1 was against Ponitz, which is nothing to write home about.

Bellbrook and Tipp are similar in one way and very different in another. Tipp is still Miami County and that means traditions run deep. Bellbrook sees much more transient population than it used to. Outside of population and growth, Tipp and Bellbrook are very different.
Tradition and historical successes, yes they are a lot different. But Bellbrook is slowing starting to build a tradition of success like Tipp, and population, growth and median income wise, both communities are very similar.

But with everyone making the playoffs last year, winning a single playoff game means a little less doesn’t it? Heck, last year Tipp won 2 playoff games, but 1 was against Ponitz, which is nothing to write home about.
So Monroe winning their first playoff game in 11 years doesn’t mean anything? Y’all don’t get it. I see your point but it is good to build a program around. Hate it when Some of Monroe’s own fans write us off weeks before the season starts but people like Hosers Edgewood fan thinks we’ll be fine. Monroe will be good and get things going on the right direction where they left off before getting beat by Ross. We’ll be fine just stop thinking so negative people jeez.

Madison scrimmaged Springfield Northwestern on Friday Night. The defense kept NW out of the end zone. Madison got into the endzone twice with the varsity and fumbled at the goal line once. Players seem to like Baker as a coach but this is a young Madison team running a new offense and defense.

So who does everyone have winning the Week 1 matchups?

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Brookville vs Tri-County North
Carlisle @ Twin Valley South
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

Here are my picks:
Waynesville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Mariemont
Monroe
Brookville
Carlisle
Eaton
Valley View
Greeneview

Ar
Valley View went 26-8 for three years with Colin Wood as their QB from 2015-2017 and 22-10 from 2018-2020 (only went 6-3 in 2020 with the weird season) with Cade Cradlebaugh replacing Wood. But Cade made it to a regional final and Colin didn’t so while replacing a QB is important, supporting cast around any QB, new or experienced is just as important. If you have great skill guys you can absolutely take the next step regardless of experience at QB imo. VV has had back to back 3 year starting QBs who have had regular season and post season success and are again turning the reigns over to another sophomore who has minimal game experience. Basing off the scrimmages these past few weeks. VV again has the skill guys around the new QB to make his job easier.
A) You’re comparing a team that routinely reloads to a team that routinely rebuilds. B) Triple option is not the same type of animal as a regular offense

I think Valley View struggles this week vs Springfield Shawnee. Completely new offense, quality opponent, on the road week 1. Wouldn’t be surprised if Shawnee rolls in this game.

My worries with Monroe is depth, along with the loss of Deaton. It's always difficult to be successful with 8 or 9 guys playing both ways, especially early in the season when the heat and humidity is a factor. On top of that, if one guy goes down, that almost guarantees you lose two starters and a guy contributing on special teams. You're not wrong to say Monroe is trending up, but I look at this as kind of a gap year. I haven't seen anybody say they weren't moving in the right direction, just that they are still a year or two away. I think they will absolutely be more competitive, but I think they will lose some close games late simply because they have 8 or 9 guys who will never leave the field and will be gassed in the 4th quarter, especially those bigger fellas up front who typically are the ones who truly win or lose a game for you.

At least you provide a more positive explanation than lightyears2012 does. God that man is very biased against Monroe saying 2 maybe 3 wins? Cmon man let’s get real I tell him. He says everyone says they’re gonna suck and the Badin scrimmage confirmed that in his opinion. Then turns around and says it has nothing to do with his outlook on Monroe. That dudes got problems. On the bright side I’m excited to see Elijah Jackson run the wind again. That dudes a beast.

Last edited:
uh barring injuries Badin will probably be undefeated this year if they can get Alter. You cant base your whole season on one scrimmage game against one of the best D3 teams in state
They will have a tough time running the table with Alter and Chaminade both on the schedule. Both are loaded!

So who does everyone have winning the Week 1 matchups?

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin @ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Eaton @ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

Here are my picks:
Waynesville
Bellbrook
Franklin
Mariemont
Monroe
Brookville
Carlisle
Eaton
Valley View
Greeneview
I will take a shot
Bethel
Tipp
Franklin
Oakwood
Talawanda
Brookville
Carlisle
Eaton
Valley View
Greenview

Good Luck To All!!

Waynesville @ Bethel
Bellbrook vs Tipp
Franklin
@ Fenwick
Oakwood @ Mariemont
Monroe vs Talawanda
Eaton
@ Greenville
Valley View @ Shawnee
Madison @ Greeneview

They will have a tough time running the table with Alter and Chaminade both on the schedule. Both are loaded!
So is Badin. Alter is going to be down a bit I think, they're always somewhat loaded but not like what Knights fans might be use to. Chaminade going to have to prove it on the field after being down quite a bit last year.

At least you provide a more positive explanation than lightyears2012 does. God that man is very biased against Monroe saying 2 maybe 3 wins? Cmon man let’s get real I tell him. He says everyone says they’re gonna suck and the Badin scrimmage confirmed that in his opinion. Then turns around and says it has nothing to do with his outlook on Monroe. That dudes got problems. On the bright side I’m excited to see Elijah Jackson run the wind again. That dudes a beast.
Don’t think you actually read what I’m saying to you. My explanations are pretty clear you just don’t like what I’m saying. Evidently if someone doesn’t think Monroe makes the playoffs they are just being negative? You forgot NewOldBlood picked them to win 3 but he softened it for you so now it’s all good?

Status
Not open for further replies.