2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes with baggage for sure but I believe a far superior coach than Cox. If winning is your objective and nothing else matters. Then you hire him.
Heard he was doing some shady stuff behind the scenes. Doesn’t effect me whatsoever. The Indians have a lot to work on theirselves.

Why wouldn’t Franklin look internal. The 2 8th grade coaches they have seem to be good coaches and have done a good job with that group
With all due respect, there is a HUGE difference from being successful at the jr. high level and being successful at the varsity level. Franklin is a quality program that should be successful every year in the SWBL. They screwed the pooch getting rid of Childers and then hiring Cox. They missed the boat on Murphy. I'm not saying an a good 8th grade coach can't transition from that level to the varsity level and be successful, but I would say 9 out of 10 would struggle. Also, those specific coaches have done a good job with that group, but they are also the most talented group in the SWBL along with VV. IMO, any competent coach would have done well with that group with the size and level of talent they have.

Whoever made the decision to pass on Murphy, needs to personally drive to his house, knock on the door, get on their knees, kiss the ring and offer him the head coaching position at Franklin.

Tough place to want to be a coach with that administration. Super was at massie and tried to fire mcsurley. Arrogant is all I can say. Didn’t work out so good for him.

My stint there in the late 80s early 90s and was KTC
Clinton Massie
Waynesville
Cedarville
Madison Plains
Greenview
Southeastern
Yellow Springs
East Clinton

Last edited:
Comes with baggage for sure but I believe a far superior coach than Cox. If winning is your objective and nothing else matters. Then you hire him.
Cox was good in his prime, has been the leader of losing seasons 4 out of his last 5 years. Nice enough guy but the sun has set on his career. He will lose at Fairborn too.

I believe Murphy, killen when he was the dc for massie, the oc for Massie also tried get the head coach job for Franklin in 2014 also. If it is killen or anyone else. I hope they take their time with this decision. I also heard Childers is one of the candidates again
Franklin needs to take their time on this. Already looking silly, get rid of a guy with a winning percent of about 67% and a 2 time coach of the year , for a 4-7 nightmare. Mess it up again and the Franklin faithful will lose confidence... What little they have left in this admin

Franklin needs to take their time on this. Already looking silly, get rid of a guy with a winning percent of about 67% and a 2 time coach of the year , for a 4-7 nightmare. Mess it up again and the Franklin faithful will lose confidence... What little they have left in this admin
Have they established a timeline to have a coach in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.