2020 MVL Football

Interested to know the feelings of MVL fans when it comes to the way AD’s are running the league. Easy street. Scheduling is much easier when you only need to find 1 football game, 4 basketball, etc. With a 9 game league schedule we all know the potential pitfalls.

Is there anyone who supports this? It seems like a good idea would be to model the MAC (college) who doesn’t have the top tier play their bottom tier on a two year rotation. This would allow teams rebuilding to get some momentum in their program, and teams at the top scheduling top competition.
And...go.
Playing a 8 games conference schedule makes the most sense, while keeping the top teams from playing the bottom teams every two years like you said.

Just a few weeks away from the start of the season. Probably the Troy and Xenia show again. Vandalia is small and still lacks the talent something that all coaches have struggled with over the years at the school. Puckett is a great coach and not the problem here. Like I always say it's the parents that are the problem and they drive out good coaches. Busch and Hyatt were just the last two.

Just a few weeks away from the start of the season. Probably the Troy and Xenia show again. Vandalia is small and still lacks the talent something that all coaches have struggled with over the years at the school. Puckett is a great coach and not the problem here. Like I always say it's the parents that are the problem and they drive out good coaches. Busch and Hyatt were just the last two.
I dont think you live in Vandalia and are just a troll. The parents loved Bush and losing him was a huge mistake by the school not parents. Hyatt quit before they could fire him and should never have been hired he was terrible. When you shove players on other teams and fire coaches during games you should never coach football. No one has asked Hyatt to coach since this all went down there is a reason for that. He is a whacko. Puckett has run off half of the players in the program and it will just get worse. We got crushed by a Tipp team that was below 500. Tipp didnt have a bunch of talent. Stebbins and Fairborn beat us. Talent wasnt the issue. You just keep making excuses and have been doing it for 5 years for Hyatt and Puckett.

I dont think you live in Vandalia and are just a troll. The parents loved Bush and losing him was a huge mistake by the school not parents. Hyatt quit before they could fire him and should never have been hired he was terrible. When you shove players on other teams and fire coaches during games you should never coach football. No one has asked Hyatt to coach since this all went down there is a reason for that. He is a whacko. Puckett has run off half of the players in the program and it will just get worse. We got crushed by a Tipp team that was below 500. Tipp didnt have a bunch of talent. Stebbins and Fairborn beat us. Talent wasnt the issue. You just keep making excuses and have been doing it for 5 years for Hyatt and Puckett.

So what you are saying is that Bush has been the only "acceptable" coach in the eyes of the parents over the last ten years. Just curious why that is? Say what you will about Hyatt we all know the history there. But now Puckett is running kids off too? I thought Hyatt already ran off all of the talent? By this account it sounds like Vandalia is down to 11-15 players. Is it because he yells at players? I'd say every HC does that. Is it because he pushes players to dig deeper than they think they can go? Is it because he demands that guys work hard? I don't see parents complaining about Nees, or Gress or Burgbacher. Those are are tough coaches that demand and expect a lot.

There is nothing worse than a ButlerPatent entry into this thread. Vandalia talent is not there. There parents are awful.

The baseball team is great due to their coach being respected, hard nose. Kids love him, he is not nice all the time. He demands a lot.

Dues was a great HS QB I think. Save us Dues from the ButlerParents!!!

Puckett hasn't "run kids off." The kids have run because they don't want to work hard or don't want to be told they are doing something wrong. Butler has some good talent this year to go along with experience. Only a hand full of seniors and a very strong junior class. The problem last year was lack of experience and the offensive line. I think we see a breakout year from them this year. With Wright as OC, I think Mitchell can go off on offense. The defense will be strong except in the secondary where it doesn't matter in the MVL. I think they at least go 4-2 this year and will only be better next year. As a parent at Butler, I 100% approve of Coach Puckett and what he does for my son. Other parents I talk to feel the same way. The culture is changing and the aviators will dominate the MVL for years to come!

Puckett hasn't "run kids off." The kids have run because they don't want to work hard or don't want to be told they are doing something wrong. Butler has some good talent this year to go along with experience. Only a hand full of seniors and a very strong junior class. The problem last year was lack of experience and the offensive line. I think we see a breakout year from them this year. With Wright as OC, I think Mitchell can go off on offense. The defense will be strong except in the secondary where it doesn't matter in the MVL. I think they at least go 4-2 this year and will only be better next year. As a parent at Butler, I 100% approve of Coach Puckett and what he does for my son. Other parents I talk to feel the same way. The culture is changing and the aviators will dominate the MVL for years to come!
can you talk to Butlerparent and breathe some life into that windbag?

So what you are saying is that Bush has been the only "acceptable" coach in the eyes of the parents over the last ten years. Just curious why that is? Say what you will about Hyatt we all know the history there. But now Puckett is running kids off too? I thought Hyatt already ran off all of the talent? By this account it sounds like Vandalia is down to 11-15 players. Is it because he yells at players? I'd say every HC does that. Is it because he pushes players to dig deeper than they think they can go? Is it because he demands that guys work hard? I don't see parents complaining about Nees, or Gress or Burgbacher. Those are are tough coaches that demand and expect a lot.
No didnt say that. I said losing Bush was a huge mistake. I typed that and said that. Read it again and stop with the lies.

Butler finished with under 40 kids on the team last year. They stated with 50. When was last time that happened? Nees Gress Burgbacher all have more than 40 kids out for football. Why do they have more than Butler?

There is nothing worse than a ButlerPatent entry into this thread. Vandalia talent is not there. There parents are awful.

The baseball team is great due to their coach being respected, hard nose. Kids love him, he is not nice all the time. He demands a lot.

Dues was a great HS QB I think. Save us Dues from the ButlerParents!!!
There parents are awful. There isnt talent.

How much talent did Tipp Stebbins and Fairborn have? Was it a lot more than Butler? Tell me about all the talent at Tipp Stebbins Fairborn. How many of their players got football scholarships. All three beat Butler so tell me about their talent. You know everything so tell me about their talent at those schools.

Why do all the MVL football threads turn into a Butler thread? Nobody cares about parents, old coaches, and baseball. It's a football thread. When a team isn't successful, what's with the excuses? Coaches, parent's, no talent. So much whining. News flash....it's easier to say why something is broke, then to actually fix it.

There parents are awful. There isnt talent.

How much talent did Tipp Stebbins and Fairborn have? Was it a lot more than Butler? Tell me about all the talent at Tipp Stebbins Fairborn. How many of their players got football scholarships. All three beat Butler so tell me about their talent. You know everything so tell me about their talent at those schools.

Tipp had college football players more than one. My job is not to educate you, go away. You can easily google.

Why do all the MVL football threads turn into a Butler thread? Nobody cares about parents, old coaches, and baseball. It's a football thread. When a team isn't successful, what's with the excuses? Coaches, parent's, no talent. So much whining. News flash....it's easier to say why something is broke, then to actually fix it.

If I could line up, I really would. That would fix some of it. Not interested in coaching. How can I help fix things Barrell roll, interested in your thoughts. I could draw up some better Pass-pro than last year, you want that?

Its a forum, I can post whatever I want. Deal with it.

Hyatt ruined the culture not Puckett. Benchwarmer wont say that because he defended him. Puckett is a good coach. Their offense and defenses are good. Assistants are good. The practices at 6am are dumb and drive kids away. Dues doesnt do that stuff.

Hyatt ruined the culture not Puckett. Benchwarmer wont say that because he defended him. Puckett is a good coach. Their offense and defenses are good. Assistants are good. The practices at 6am are dumb and drive kids away. Dues doesnt do that stuff.
soft.gif

Last edited:
If I could line up, I really would. That would fix some of it. Not interested in coaching. How can I help fix things Barrell roll, interested in your thoughts. I could draw up some better Pass-pro than last year, you want that?

Its a forum, I can post whatever I want. Deal with it.
Simple answer. You can't so keep crying about it on the internet.

Has anyone seen the full conference schedule yet? I know the Stebbins games, but that's it. The website hasn't been updated yet, but they may be waiting to do that after DeWine's presser today at 1400.

Based on the SHS schedule, it looks like each team will play the other 4 teams in the "division" then 2 from the other division, e.g. Stebbins gets WC, Sidney, Xenia, Fairborn from the south and then Piqua and *sigh* Troy from the north.

The schedule breakout could impact top finishers in this 6-game schedule. Troy getting to come down to Riverside obviously makes their chances at 6-0 better than someone who has to go to Xenia.

Has anyone seen the full conference schedule yet? I know the Stebbins games, but that's it. The website hasn't been updated yet, but they may be waiting to do that after DeWine's presser today at 1400.

Based on the SHS schedule, it looks like each team will play the other 4 teams in the "division" then 2 from the other division, e.g. Stebbins gets WC, Sidney, Xenia, Fairborn from the south and then Piqua and *sigh* Troy from the north.

The schedule breakout could impact top finishers in this 6-game schedule. Troy getting to come down to Riverside obviously makes their chances at 6-0 better than someone who has to go to Xenia.

1597756866591.png

Looks like this schedule means everyone going into the playoffs. I have seen some schedules with 10 games, which means teams are opt out of the playoffs?

Has anyone heard about conferences as a whole skipping the playoffs?

Looks like this schedule means everyone going into the playoffs. I have seen some schedules with 10 games, which means teams are opt out of the playoffs?

Has anyone heard about conferences as a whole skipping the playoffs?
all games after 10/9 are “tentative” and will only happen if both teams have been eliminated from the playoffs

Will Vandalia or any other MVL teams livestream there games?

All of Piqua's home games so far will be streamed on The Indian Nation Station's Youtube channel. They have said they are only really worried about being allowed to broadcast from Tipp City. But they should get permission from the Butler and Sidney. But nothing has been set in stone except they home games..... all three of them....

I took a look through the new schedule and this is what I've got: Troy goes 6-0 and the winner of the Fairborn-West Carrollton game is also 6-0 (with the other 5-1). That should help get all three seeded well in the wacky 2020 playoff format.
Troy 6-0
WC 6-0
Fairborn 5-1
Piqua 3-3
Greenville 3-3
Xenia 3-3
Tipp 2-4
Sidney 1-5
Butler 1-5
Stebbins 0-6

Troy aint soft and they dont go in at 6am. Just saying.

Any sports team that is complaining about getting up in the morning and practicing is SOFT. I dont care if its Troy, if its true your SOFT. If its Marion Local, your SOFT. If its Colerain your SOFT. I suppose all those kids would be right there ready to go if asked. And parents would not be wiping their tears, "Oh Lou, my Sweet Little Lou, that mean coach made you get up at 530, you need to sleep. You stayed up to 12:00 playing XBOX, sweet Lou your precious sleep". SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT. I know that is not my hometown and your just a bad representation.

Any sports team that is complaining about getting up in the morning and practicing is SOFT. I dont care if its Troy, if its true your SOFT. If its Marion Local, your SOFT. If its Colerain your SOFT. I suppose all those kids would be right there ready to go if asked. And parents would not be wiping their tears, "Oh Lou, my Sweet Little Lou, that mean coach made you get up at 530, you need to sleep. You stayed up to 12:00 playing XBOX, sweet Lou your precious sleep". SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT. I know that is not my hometown and your just a bad representation.
Why doesnt Troy do it then? You keep talking smack but you have nothing to back it up. You just a Yappi tough guy. Why doesnt troy or Piqua do it? Why dont Wayne do it? All of those teams are better programs but they dont practice at 6AM. Why? If that is the best time to practice why dont they do it? Answer the question instead of smack talk.

How does a single parent who goes into work at 9AM get his kid to practice or workouts at 6AM? We all get up at 4:30AM so they get something to eat and get there on time. Its stupid.

When you were the team manager what time did you practice?