2020 MVL Football

Rooster, as an outside fan, I can understand Fairborns struggles. they were off for 2 weeks before they played oakwood, and they didn't find out they were playing them until about 12 hours before the game even took place. 2 days of practice, and no game planning. I can't count that against them.

it's not their fault they didn't get to play the top MVL teams. they had no say in how the league reduced the season, schedule wise. Im sure they would've loved a shot at Troy, they should've beaten them in 2019.

why do I think they could've crushed Withrow and played with Turpin? for one, Fairborn had a very solid coaching staff, you didn't see them get out-coached that often. Kerns had something good going. Fairborn also had some solid talent. the Warner kid was one heck of a ball player. one of the best high school ball players I've seen on tape.

respectfully,
ghsknightsfan
Just pecking a little, I appreciate the return to sender.
I hear you and you're correct on most. Scheduling, quarantines, not their fault at all. They still should have been able to wake up and put more than 7 on a team like Oakwood.
You can wish they would have beat Troy all you want, but don't forget Troy upgraded at RB this past season and that prevents a different challenge than the one in 19--probably would have been a good game, but I can't say Fairborn would have had a shot. Their offense was boring and predictable, their only shot would have been to pitch a shut out.
Yes they did have a nice couple of coaches, no doubt. But weren't these the same ones from 19 that dropped so many close games? It comes down to execution and sometimes it just doesn't go your way, no matter how good your staff is. Fairborn did have some good talent, and Warner is a monster, its embarrassing he got hosed in his own league for voting but goes and gets the DII defensive player of the year again. --but that's a different conversation.

Agreed on the culture aspect. Alder and London have been a great fit, and Tipp fits better with the MVL. They are a true Miami Valley School. The CBC is a West Central Ohio Conference.

It's reasonably close, but Alder is just better. Alder played in a state title game in Football and has made serious playoff runs the last couple years. They've won two state titles in baseball and another Girls title I believe. Their basketball team is currently undefeated and in the tourney.

I thought that this thread was deceased. I was preparing a funeral so that we could pay our respects. It was going to be a beautiful ceremony. The pallbearers were going to be TIG, rooster, butler parent, yak yak, ghsknight, watcher. Bulldog could put together a nice playlist. Derge could be an usher since this started with his resignation. Maybe have ballboy say some kind words and burbacher could drive the hurst down along the river, past the little church on Whitehouse road. Guess we’ll have to wait a little longer.

Rooster, as an outside fan, I can understand Fairborns struggles. they were off for 2 weeks before they played oakwood, and they didn't find out they were playing them until about 12 hours before the game even took place. 2 days of practice, and no game planning. I can't count that against them.

it's not their fault they didn't get to play the top MVL teams. they had no say in how the league reduced the season, schedule wise. Im sure they would've loved a shot at Troy, they should've beaten them in 2019.

why do I think they could've crushed Withrow and played with Turpin? for one, Fairborn had a very solid coaching staff, you didn't see them get out-coached that often. Kerns had something good going. Fairborn also had some solid talent. the Warner kid was one heck of a ball player. one of the best high school ball players I've seen on tape.

respectfully,
ghsknightsfan
I watched the Withrow/Turpin playoff game and it was a heavyweight fight. Withrow lacked at the QB position but the game was 7-6 deep in the 3rd. Crushed? Not in my opinion.

Look my friend. I happen to know who applied. Additionally Joel and I talk often as I do with many coaches. Joel did not apply for family reasons. He is happy at Tipp for the time being. I could even tell you a few things about yourself more than likely.
I was wrong on this one I had bad information. I know Derge loves Tipp and I’m glad he is still there because he is a good guy that you want as a role model around young athletes

Agreed on the culture aspect. Alder and London have been a great fit, and Tipp fits better with the MVL. They are a true Miami Valley School. The CBC is a West Central Ohio Conference.

It's reasonably close, but Alder is just better. Alder played in a state title game in Football and has made serious playoff runs the last couple years. They've won two state titles in baseball and another Girls title I believe. Their basketball team is currently undefeated and in the tourney.
Let's look at Alder. They are seeing explosive growth from being near Columbus (Hilliard). Eventually, I think they will get too big to stay in the CBC. London is similar but not quite as successful as Alder. Agree with your points 100%.

Word on the street is Tyler Wright may be headed to Tipp as OC. Heard he and the Burgbacher's met for dinner this week to discuss some details.

Just pecking a little, I appreciate the return to sender.
I hear you and you're correct on most. Scheduling, quarantines, not their fault at all. They still should have been able to wake up and put more than 7 on a team like Oakwood.
You can wish they would have beat Troy all you want, but don't forget Troy upgraded at RB this past season and that prevents a different challenge than the one in 19--probably would have been a good game, but I can't say Fairborn would have had a shot. Their offense was boring and predictable, their only shot would have been to pitch a shut out.
Yes they did have a nice couple of coaches, no doubt. But weren't these the same ones from 19 that dropped so many close games? It comes down to execution and somet .

Last time Fairborn Troy played, game was tied under 2 to go and Troy blocked a punt for a safety to win... But yeah no way fairborn could pull it off lol

Last time Fairborn Troy played, game was tied under 2 to go and Troy blocked a punt for a safety to win... But yeah no way fairborn could pull it off lol
I mean there's always a debate on coulda, woulda, shoulda. Their record is wildly deceiving IMO because their toughest opponent was Stebbins, which they lost. It's not their fault they didn't play the top three teams in the league, but they didn't. Troy was unimpressive last year when it mattered, but that doesn't mean Fairborn would have beat them down. It most likely would have been a good game, but if you're on the Skyhawk express, you may want to get off after that Beavercreek game, cause the skies are looking gray again. Save your LOL's "Coach" this is no laughing matter. Skyhawks look to be back to their losing ways, where 7-3 seasons are mystical runner up banners for the hallways.

I mean there's always a debate on coulda, woulda, shoulda. Their record is wildly deceiving IMO because their toughest opponent was Stebbins, which they lost. It's not their fault they didn't play the top three teams in the league, but they didn't. Troy was unimpressive last year when it mattered, but that doesn't mean Fairborn would have beat them down. It most likely would have been a good game, but if you're on the Skyhawk express, you may want to get off after that Beavercreek game, cause the skies are looking gray again. Save your LOL's "Coach" this is no laughing matter. Skyhawks look to be back to their losing ways, where 7-3 seasons are mystical runner up banners for the hallways.
Outside looking in "facts" are the best... Lets not talk about SOS, we were forced to leave the GWOC with the North teams who have been running from Comp yearly.
FACT, that the north teams told the GWOC to move Trotwood out of their division or they would leave.
FACT, even after they moved Trotwood (To fairborns division) North teams rallied the troops to leave.
FACT, Fairborn was given the choice to stay and play Boro, Cville, Wayne etc, had no choice but to follow.

Im tired of Troy, Tipp acting like they are cream of the crop, when you ran from the opportunity to be just that.

Outside looking in "facts" are the best... Lets not talk about SOS, we were forced to leave the GWOC with the North teams who have been running from Comp yearly.
FACT, that the north teams told the GWOC to move Trotwood out of their division or they would leave.
FACT, even after they moved Trotwood (To fairborns division) North teams rallied the troops to leave.
FACT, Fairborn was given the choice to stay and play Boro, Cville, Wayne etc, had no choice but to follow.

Im tired of Troy, Tipp acting like they are cream of the crop, when you ran from the opportunity to be just that.
Well you may want to check your facts. I can neither confirm or deny that anyone told Trotwood to leave, but have you ever tried to play them in anything besides Football and Basketball...complete disaster. So i'm sure AD's got together and said, either get it together or get lost.
I never mentioned anything about the level of toughness that is the MVL. I think it's pretty widely known that the MVL (Previously GWOC North and South) isn't the strongest division in the state. But it wasn't when it was a part of the GWOC either, they just had a bigger stronger league overall.
By the way, it was actually the teams from the East and West (Miamisburg, Springboro, Centerville, Northmont) that tried to hold a "secret" meeting and leave the GWOC with the other schools in their division to create their own league without Trotwood (because they were tired of getting beat by a DIII School). This got out and the Non DI schools decided to rebrand. If you don't believe that I suggest you ask some AD's/HC's and do your homework.
Lastly, if you're so upset at Troy and Tipp (which is weird) beat them. You have not (Fairborn), no matter how close it was, or how it may have been.
Everyone knows Fairborn was the best this year they had been in a long time, but what makes you think they are on the rise or about to make a run through the league? I'm curious.

Last edited:
Well you may want to check your facts. I can neither confirm or deny that anyone told Trotwood to leave, but have you ever tried to play them in anything besides Football and Basketball...complete disaster. So i'm sure AD's got together and said, either get it together or get lost.
I never mentioned anything about the level of toughness that is the MVL. I think it's pretty widely known that the MVL (Previously GWOC North and South) isn't the strongest division in the state. But it wasn't when it was a part of the GWOC either, they just had a bigger stronger league overall.
By the way, it was actually the teams from the East and West (Miamisburg, Springboro, Centerville, Northmont) that tried to hold a "secret" meeting and leave the GWOC with the other schools in their division to create their own league without Trotwood (because they were tired of getting beat by a DIII School). This got out and the Non DI schools decided to rebrand. If you don't believe that I suggest you ask some AD's/HC's and do your homework.
Lastly, if you're so upset at Troy and Tipp (which is weird) beat them. You have not (Fairborn), no matter how close it was, or how it may have been.
Everyone knows Fairborn was the best this year they had been in a long time, but what makes you think they are on the rise or about to make a run through the league? I'm curious.

That is true that the bigger schools tried to hold a secret meeting... And that is exactly how the MVL formed, i agree. But north teams were laying the foundation to leave in 2015 by giving the league the ultimatum of removing trotwood from their division, or they would leave. Remember the Division with 4 teams and the North had 6? That was apart of it, they wanted to stay together and play each other. Taking away a big crossover game. Everyone agree to move them to try and keep the GWOC together.

The "secret meeting" gave the north a "tipping point" to follow through with what they had wanted for years. Ask around about North teams leaving around 2015/2016...

Which is why its funny to hear about SOS from those schools.

Trotwood did not have much to offer outside BB,FB. I agree. But we all know them beating us down in the big 2 sports, and how they did it, is why schools don't want to play them.
I never said Fairborn was going to make a run through the league. Im saying the difference in these teams are not as much as you imply. I agree Culture, Community support, and frankly coaching is better at Troy/Tipp, but to insinuate that its a "lock" that they beat Fairborn is silly. Tipp/Fairborn has prob been some of the best football games i've ever seen the past few years. Fairborn had Troy against the ropes last time they played.

The reason I think this is because Fairborn does have the best staff they probably have ever had, our schedule doesn't consist of Northmont, Springboro anymore who they beat 1 time in 12 years. Instead we insert The leftover old GWOC North crossover games. (Winnable compared to Mont, Boro).