2020 MVL Football

Troy. Xenia takes a step back but stays competitive and probably wins the division. Fairborn will be improved from what i’m hearing.

Troy. Xenia takes a step back but stays competitive and probably wins the division. Fairborn will be improved from what i’m hearing.
Troy is back to probably dominating it. But spots 2-9 will have a lot better teams, but the final results might be similar to this year.. Should be another exciting year with a lot of teams close to each other. No playoff success unfortunately.

I have been waiting for some talent at Piqua to pop. Honestly, I thought they would be better last year. But, this should be a year were they compete for the title. What about WC? Do they have the best returning offensive playing in the league? That has to mean something. Fairborn better. Xenia a little worse but still competitive. Sidney brings back its RB1 which should be important.

Butler will be better, Tipp will be better. Probably the standings will look very similar to last year, but a lot of teams are better.

Here is mine (I ignore the dumb two conference split)

Troy
Piqua
WC (Best off player in league??)
Xenia
Tipp
Fairborn
Sidney (Returning stud rb)
Greenville
Butler
Stebbins

Thoughts, 2-8 could probably be a huge jumble. No real clear team in my mind. I am not 100% sure though that Troy runs away with it.

Last edited:
if Troy gets past Chaminade Julienne in week 1, i think they go undefeated. Xenia probably finishes somewhere around 7-3, same with Piqua and Fairborn. Tipp and West Carrollton are probably going to be close.

My Picks:
Troy
Xenia
Piqua
Fairborn
Tippecanoe
West Carrollton
Sidney
Greenville
Butler
Stebbins

will this conference ever expand? quite possibly. Tecumseh and Bellbrook are probably the two most appealing- add them to the South and move Sidney to the north, where they belong. that could be strong. maybe not tecumseh, but someone to go with bellbrook

Piqua has problems, and I'm not sure it can be fixed soon enough. But there are a lot of days between now and the season starting.

what make a coaching staff talented?
they did a lot for it being their first year, they were very competitive and a few things gone their way, they have a winning record. heck they almost beat Troy. year two can only be better. the defense truly looked very solid. as a greenon fan and a fairborn resident, it was quite nice seeing Fairborn competitive again.

I think the league is wide open. No true dominant team. Yes Troy and Xenia had good years but that can go anyway with the way different teams was winning every week

I think the league is wide open. No true dominant team. Yes Troy and Xenia had good years but that can go anyway with the way different teams was winning every week
it’s Troy’s to lose.. too much coming back for the Trojans. Fairborn, Xenia, and Piqua should be the next class of teams.

what type of problems?

The offense has no identity, every time thing started to go south they just started changing QB's and throwing darts at the wind. Our leading rusher only had 9 carries the final two games. I was just hoping to see more out of them as the season went along than what they showed.

The offense has no identity, every time thing started to go south they just started changing QB's and throwing darts at the wind. Our leading rusher only had 9 carries the final two games. I was just hoping to see more out of them as the season went along than what they showed.
all that and they still almost made the playoffs

You are right except for Troy. With what they return,looks pretty good.

I am impressed with the coaching staff keeping the ship afloat after that massive blowout lose.

Greenville completely exceeded expectations, and while they weren't dominant, it was nice to see such an improvement. I think they'd have to have a decade of success before anyone noticed them, though.

Greenville completely exceeded expectations, and while they weren't dominant, it was nice to see such an improvement. I think they'd have to have a decade of success before anyone noticed them, though.
the Greene Wave had a fine year. other than the county fair and Jim’s Root Beer stand, don’t know much about them, except they were oh-so-close to the playoffs. what do they have coming back?

I think they already are getting noticed just the spike 2019. If they can get consistent here just 3-4 years with .500 that program could boom. Same with WC.

the Greene Wave had a fine year. other than the county fair and Jim’s Root Beer stand, don’t know much about them, except they were oh-so-close to the playoffs. what do they have coming back?
Lost alot going to be very hard to repeat that senior class won alot of games coming up could have maybe done better junior year except some injuries. Lose qb who was leading rusher and top 4 receivers also like 5 of there top tacklers.

Hopefully, this league will provide some good drama like last season. There were some surprising wins most weeks. Who do you see being the most improved or surprising teams? Sidney is intriguing with the skill players they have. Do they or any other teams have new coaches or new schemes for next year?

Hopefully, this league will provide some good drama like last season. There were some surprising wins most weeks. Who do you see being the most improved or surprising teams? Sidney is intriguing with the skill players they have. Do they or any other teams have new coaches or new schemes for next year?
Has to be WC most improved. My aviators very disappointing with their drama.

Love to see what tipp and troy do with a year of coaching stability.

I agree that last year WC was a big surprise and I would think that they’ll be even better this year. Sounds like they have a good running back and I think the QB is back? I was shocked at the backwards steps by VB last year. Surely, they can’t repeat that mess? If so, I’d think the locals would be disappointed with Puckett and growing restless. I liked seeing Greenville with a nice year, but I have a feeling that they might be coming back down to earth this season? Piqua has been average for a while, so I wonder if they’re due? Tipp lost the best talent they had in the kicker and RB, I wonder which direction that goes?