2020 MVL Football

nowhere to go. they’re a fit in the MVL. aren't big enough to play in the GWOC. a great D2 athletic program as they are competitive in about every sport.
In the fall season Tipp won conference in 6 of the 9 sports and finished 2nd in the other 3. So far this winter they are atop of the boys and girls basketball standings. At some point, people will get tired of Tipp winning almost everything. And actually, Tipp is performing better across all sports now than at any time in the CBC

In the fall season Tipp won conference in 6 of the 9 sports and finished 2nd in the other 3. So far this winter they are atop of the boys and girls basketball standings. At some point, people will get tired of Tipp winning almost everything. And actually, Tipp is performing better across all sports now than at any time in the CBC
the GWOC/MVL has elevated them as an athletic program. the CBC wanted them out because of the difference in size and demographics, same with Stebbins. i saw it happen first hand when Greenon was in the CBC. as you stated, they had success in the CBC but not the level they are having now. they lost games still.

Tipp is fine where they are. it’s good for them to challenge themselves by playing the GWOC and top tier GCL schools in non league contests. but they will not be in the GWOC unless either they grow, or the rest of the GWOC shrinks (i don’t see that happening)

the GWOC/MVL has elevated them as an athletic program. the CBC wanted them out because of the difference in size and demographics, same with Stebbins. i saw it happen first hand when Greenon was in the CBC. as you stated, they had success in the CBC but not the level they are having now. they lost games still.

Tipp is fine where they are. it’s good for them to challenge themselves by playing the GWOC and top tier GCL schools in non league contests. but they will not be in the GWOC unless either they grow, or the rest of the GWOC shrinks (i don’t see that happening)
I agree

What teams are projected to be the top teams in 2021? Was very surprised to see Stebbins at the top of the Valley division, Fairborn looked good as well. Is this the year WC makes the leap ? They have some talent. Does Xenia bounce back?

Coaching changes for 2021? So far Fairborn and Xenia are looking. It seems as though former Tipp HC Joel Derge might be Fairborns next coach

Coaching changes for 2021? So far Fairborn and Xenia are looking. It seems as though former Tipp HC Joel Derge might be Fairborns next coach
Joel Derge did not apply for the Fairborn job. Fairborn has currently narrowed their candidate list down to 6 applicants.

i think the DC Derry would be a great hire. Greenon guy as well. young upstart coach and his defense impressed me.
Derry is a very good DC. Student of the game. Will be a good HC someday when he decides to go that route. Matt Smith at Fairborn is another young one among others that has a lot of experience who will be a good HC someday.

Derry is a very good DC. Student of the game. Will be a good HC someday when he decides to go that route. Matt Smith at Fairborn is another young one among others that has a lot of experience who will be a good HC someday.
When you say "Someday" does that mean nobody from the staff applied??? Fairborn had a good thing going and it looks like they will be starting over.

When you say "Someday" does that mean nobody from the staff applied??? Fairborn had a good thing going and it looks like they will be starting over.
That seems far fetched. I’m sure admin knows what they’re doing. People know a lot more within than us. I’ll give ballboy and company some credit when they say they have excellent outside candidates which if that’s the case sounds like the 2 mentioned weren’t the right ones for the job or else they’d applied or being serious candidates

Look my friend. I happen to know who applied. Additionally Joel and I talk often as I do with many coaches. Joel did not apply for family reasons. He is happy at Tipp for the time being. I could even tell you a few things about yourself more than likely.

Fairborn hires 2005 Alum & former player Corey Hardin as Head Coach. Hardin has been the Defensive Coordinator for Chaminade Julienne for the last several years.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 11
Tipp is absolutely dominating overall athletics in the MVL. How long until everyone will starts calling for them to join a new league like when we were in the CBC?

Tipp just doesn't really fit anywhere else. MVL has been down for sure in most sports but teams like Troy, Piqua and Sidney will be back in no time and things will even out. Vandalia rules the roost in wrestling, bowling and baseball so Tipp will always play second/third fiddle there.

Pssst, TIG. Where you been? Like a sniper I've been sitting in the bushes waiting for you, defecating on myself. I'm finally "home" again and would love to get your perspective on some things.
P.s. Miss you

Fairborn hires 2005 Alum & former player Corey Hardin as Head Coach. Hardin has been the Defensive Coordinator for Chaminade Julienne for the last several years.
Bellbrook just put 58 points on CJ’s head in a 58-0 playoff mauling

I wouldn’t beat my chest about the hire
Fairborn hasn’t had the joes since about 05
Wish him luck but I see that being bad
My opinion though

Fairborn had some real talent the last 2 years. lost a lot of close games in 2019. covid got the best of them in 2020, they were quarantined like, 3 different times and and didn't even have a shot in the playoffs. they would've crushed Withrow and I would've given them a punchers chance against Turpin. I think Fairborn vs Bellbrook would've been a good game last year.

you just mentioned that the Jimmies and Joes matter as well. CJ didn't have them last year. they were a #16 seed for a reason. CJ has had some very good teams the last 4-5 years. The coaches at CJ seemed to have built a culture of success. Hardin is an alumni of Fairborn and that's always a great thing. I think this was a decent hire for the Skyhawks. I mean, they did get the last hire right.

Fairborn had some real talent the last 2 years. lost a lot of close games in 2019. covid got the best of them in 2020, they were quarantined like, 3 different times and and didn't even have a shot in the playoffs. they would've crushed Withrow and I would've given them a punchers chance against Turpin. I think Fairborn vs Bellbrook would've been a good game last year.

you just mentioned that the Jimmies and Joes matter as well. CJ didn't have them last year. they were a #16 seed for a reason. CJ has had some very good teams the last 4-5 years. The coaches at CJ seemed to have built a culture of success. Hardin is an alumni of Fairborn and that's always a great thing. I think this was a decent hire for the Skyhawks. I mean, they did get the last hire right.
No offense Michael, not seeing this perspective. It's quite possible Fairborn is coming down to Earth this year. They lost close games in 2019....lost. Doesn't really matter how close it was. This year was better, but they didn't even play the top teams in their league, they also played, and barely beat, the mighty Oakwood Lumberjacks. So what in the world makes you think they would have "crushed" anyone and had a "punchers chance" against Turpin?
I will agree that the last two HC hires are good ones, but from what I understand they are having a hard time even getting a staff together. That's going to make it even harder.

Respectfully,
Rooster.

No offense Michael, not seeing this perspective. It's quite possible Fairborn is coming down to Earth this year. They lost close games in 2019....lost. Doesn't really matter how close it was. This year was better, but they didn't even play the top teams in their league, they also played, and barely beat, the mighty Oakwood Lumberjacks. So what in the world makes you think they would have "crushed" anyone and had a "punchers chance" against Turpin?
I will agree that the last two HC hires are good ones, but from what I understand they are having a hard time even getting a staff together. That's going to make it even harder.

Respectfully,
Rooster.
Rooster, as an outside fan, I can understand Fairborns struggles. they were off for 2 weeks before they played oakwood, and they didn't find out they were playing them until about 12 hours before the game even took place. 2 days of practice, and no game planning. I can't count that against them.

it's not their fault they didn't get to play the top MVL teams. they had no say in how the league reduced the season, schedule wise. Im sure they would've loved a shot at Troy, they should've beaten them in 2019.

why do I think they could've crushed Withrow and played with Turpin? for one, Fairborn had a very solid coaching staff, you didn't see them get out-coached that often. Kerns had something good going. Fairborn also had some solid talent. the Warner kid was one heck of a ball player. one of the best high school ball players I've seen on tape.

respectfully,
ghsknightsfan

Tipp is absolutely dominating overall athletics in the MVL. How long until everyone will starts calling for them to join a new league like when we were in the CBC?

No one ran you out of the CBC. I know you love to play that role. People can't stand Tipp due to a lot of other reasons, and people can't stand you for obvious ones.............The CBC hated Tipp "dominating" so much that they went out and replaced them with Alder (A better version of Tipp) and London (A better version of Stebbins).

Tipp and the CBC didn’t make sense together. the CBC replaced them with Alder who is a much better cultural fit. i actually think Tipp and Alders athletic departments are on the same level.