2020 Football

Any word if Coach Elder is going to keep any of the current coaching staff? Any idea on if his background is more defense or offensive minded?

Great questions? Coaching staff will be very interesting to see come together. Looking at his background, he's coached both offense and defense during his college career. I for one hope he's more offensive minded, it's become a game of offense. Any updates on coaching staff would be appreciated...

My guesses for the starters next year. Feel free to correct me where y’all see fit.

Offense:
QB: Springer/Geselbracht/Cox/Rotello
RB: Goins/Bri. White/Dunlop/Rotello
WRs: Bra. White/McEachen/Morton/Davis
TE: Kattus
OT: Fickell/Sturgis
OG: Riffle/LaRubio/Corrodo
C: Broughton

Defense:
DT: Bullock/A. Shaw/Corrodo
DE: Pabst/Garrett
OLB: Rotello/Malone/Gerkin/French
MLB: D. Shaw
S: French/Bieber/Thompson
CB: Mock/Anderson/Paul

I would expect Hughes to handle both the kicking and punting this year as well.
La Rubio has left, transferred to Lakota, not playing football.

2020 Starters Projections Pt.2:

Offense:
QB: Rotello/Cox/Springer
RB: Bry White/Goins/Dunlop
WR: Bran White/Thompson/Morton/Mock/Davis
TE: Kattus/Schmidtt
OG: Corrado/Jurgens

Defense:
DT: A Shaw/Bullock
DE: Pabst/Garrett/Brown
MLB: D Shaw
OLB: Rotello/French/Malone/Gerkin
S: French/Malone/Thompson
CB: Anderson/Mock/Richard

Special Teams:
K: Hughes
P: Hughes
LS: Mock

Has anyone heard what the 2020 schedule looks like? I heard a rumor that Middletown was game one but then saw on another thread that we are in the Cincinnati/Indy game again at X against Cathedral to open the season.

2020 Schedule:
Week 1: Middletown @ Middletown
Week 2: Trinity @ Princeton
Week 3: Lafayette KY @ Lafayette
Week 4: Toronto Prep @ Princeton
Week 5: ST X @ ST X
Week 6: Lasalle @ Lasalle
Week 7: Elder @ UC
Week 8: Ignatius @ Ignatius
Week 9: St Edwards @ Princeton
Week 10: Riverside Academy @ Moeller

Any idea if Moeller plans to do any video broadcasting this upcoming season? Elder and Ignatius both do a very nice job of this. X has a student driven broadcast which is decent as well. I felt the overall media portion of the program took a step back last season from the previous year (website updates, limited audio broadcasts, game casts..etc..)

2020 Starters Projections Pt.2:

Offense:
QB: Rotello/Cox/Springer
RB: Bry White/Goins/Dunlop
WR: Bran White/Thompson/Morton/Mock/Davis
TE: Kattus/Schmidtt
OG: Corrado/Jurgens

Defense:
DT: A Shaw/Bullock
DE: Pabst/Garrett/Brown
MLB: D Shaw
OLB: Rotello/French/Malone/Gerkin
S: French/Malone/Thompson
CB: Anderson/Mock/Richard

Special Teams:
K: Hughes
P: Hughes
LS: Mock

Thanks for the projections? Any news on coaching staff, especially offensive line, and who will run the offense?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I swore I saw from whoever runs the Instagram account for moeanalyst that they were getting a new set of away uniforms for the 2020 season?

assuming that’s correct, does anyone have any idea if those will match the most recent navy jersey?

I happen to really like the most recent template and would really like to see the program have the same set of uniforms in three colors. Meaning, same top in navy, gold and white. Then, the new navy pants, please use the same template for new gold and white pants and call it a day.

My hope is that’s what they do and simply leave it that way. That gives them the option to match any of the three tops with pants.

Anybody know what they’re thinking and who actually makes those decisions anymore?

I believe the Head Coach and AD decide on the uniforms. Riverside Academy is a Canadian team out of Ontario. So based off the schedule listed above we have two Canadian teams on the schedule, Middletown and the Harlem Globetrotters of Lexington. We are not going to get many second level Harbin Points from any of those four teams.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I swore I saw from whoever runs the Instagram account for moeanalyst that they were getting a new set of away uniforms for the 2020 season?

assuming that’s correct, does anyone have any idea if those will match the most recent navy jersey?

I happen to really like the most recent template and would really like to see the program have the same set of uniforms in three colors. Meaning, same top in navy, gold and white. Then, the new navy pants, please use the same template for new gold and white pants and call it a day.

My hope is that’s what they do and simply leave it that way. That gives them the option to match any of the three tops with pants.

Anybody know what they’re thinking and who actually makes those decisions anymore?

Agree about the uniforms. Also, whoever makes those decisions should put back the Block M on the helmet, Especially as the program is now in a rebuilding mode. The timing would be perfect for that. 9 out of 10 Moe fans would be for that move!

Agree about the uniforms. Also, whoever makes those decisions should put back the Block M on the helmet, Especially as the program is now in a rebuilding mode. The timing would be perfect for that. 9 out of 10 Moe fans would be for that move!
I would agree. I'm not sure if the attempt at a new branding is paying any dividends but the Block M was always a recognizable trademark for Moeller High School. I kind of understand the new shield but that Block M just seems to make a bolder statement IMO.

the shield is an OK logo, but the helmet must be changed back to the block M. use the shield on other stuff. the M inside the shield is still a block M.
I wonder if the Elder faithful is missing the Panther logo on the helmet as much as Moe misses the block M.

I think the helmet is fine, actually like the new logo.

If you haven't noticed, all of our GCL south brethren have made some kind of change. X has had a new logo for awhile now. Elder has just numbers on their helmets, which I agree is lame compared to the panther and LaSalle has had a billions iterations of a logo on their helmet.

I actually like that all the athletic teams actually look "uniform" in the appearance and with a streamlined logo. I think it's up to the eye of the beholder when you ask if it's "paying any dividends."

I would just like the football program to pick three of the same jersey and three of the same pants...hence a "uniform" and start wining games again. To me, that's paying dividends.

Does anyone have any intel on how Coach Elder is doing and I would be curious to know what the sentiment/mood is like in the program right now?

As someone who has seen a ton of both logos piled up in the laundry room, I absolutely love the shield- it is super distinctive and easily recognizable. The M was too generic despite its history- It’s not coming back.

As someone who has seen a ton of both logos piled up in the laundry room, I absolutely love the shield- it is super distinctive and easily recognizable. The M was too generic despite its history- It’s not coming back.
Thanks Marshall . . . I guess the Reds, Bears, Indians, Cubs etc should all get rid of their "C" logos. Just not distinctive enough.

Thanks old guy yelling at the kids on his lawn with their new fangled thingamajigs- yes, let’s compare a pro sports logo to a high school one. Entitled to have differing opinions, just not sure what you expect to come of yours, I mean didn’t you say you would take your massive donations away when the team started doing so poorly?

I have and some agree and some disagree- not the end of the world. One of my sons wore it with great pride and absolutely hated the shield when it first came out, but it has grown on him. When I scan a crowd and see the M with the shield logo I know it is Moeller, if it is just an M- could be any number of teams/businesses. I believe you can honor tradition while still moving forward, if you can’t than so be it.

2020 Schedule:
Week 1: Middletown @ Middletown
Week 2: Trinity @ Princeton
Week 3: Lafayette KY @ Lafayette
Week 4: Toronto Prep @ Princeton
Week 5: ST X @ ST X
Week 6: Lasalle @ Lasalle
Week 7: Elder @ UC
Week 8: Ignatius @ Ignatius
Week 9: St Edwards @ Princeton
Week 10: Riverside Academy @ Moeller

2 teams from Canada is not good.
Moe needs to work out a deal with the GMC to play at least 2 teams a year.

GMC
GMC
X
ELDER
LASALLE
ED'S
IGGY
TRINITY KY
INDY CATHEDRAL
COLUMBUS TEAM? CovCath?

Drop Lafayette. Need to start doing double headers when X and Elder play Iggy or Eds. Sort of a north vs south kind of thing. Neutral site in Cbus. X vs Iggy in game 1 followed by Moe vs Eds. Next week Moe vs Iggy and Elder vs Eds. Or have it neutral site in cleveland and then in Cincy. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Try telling the men who wore that helmet for 52 years that the M was too generic. Your totally out of touch.
I wore it, my brother wore it. We both like the shield, I think the rebranding has been very successful. You can disagree without being disagreeable. Please don’t ask as though your opinion speaks for the majority of alumni or those associated with the football program.

listened to the Mike Dyer interview with the new coach and I’m so disappointed to hear he’s gotta deal with these attendance issues with lifting. We’re at a sad state when he’s gotta have those kinds of conversations. It’s amazing to watch from a distance (multiple states away) how far this program has fallen. I really hope he surrounds himself well and turns this ship around. These kids should know better about the expectations and good for Coach Elder for holding these kids and their parents accountable.

I wore it, my brother wore it. We both like the shield, I think the rebranding has been very successful. You can disagree without being disagreeable. Please don’t ask as though your opinion speaks for the majority of alumni or those associated with the football program.

listened to the Mike Dyer interview with the new coach and I’m so disappointed to hear he’s gotta deal with these attendance issues with lifting. We’re at a sad state when he’s gotta have those kinds of conversations. It’s amazing to watch from a distance (multiple states away) how far this program has fallen. I really hope he surrounds himself well and turns this ship around. These kids should know better about the expectations and good for Coach Elder for holding these kids and their parents accountable.

Although I don't have a direct connection to the program (i.e alumnus or child) I have relationships with people who are connected and have watched the program as a fan and supporter of St X. I am not surprised at these comments about attendance issues because I think the attitude of some former players and parents have permeated throughout the program. I think this would have changed over time under Jeff Rosfeld. As it is I think it will take the new coach a few years to change the culture of the program and restore it to the Moeller of old. I think it takes a strong, established leader like Doug Ramsey or Steve Specht to fight off the perverse sense of entitlement that many parents and students have today. Obviously men like Carl Kremer and the baseball coach are able to overcome theses attitudes and develop a strong sense of team and commitment. If the new coach is a strong leader and sticks around more than a few years he will restore the culture of the program.

Although I don't have a direct connection to the program (i.e alumnus or child) I have relationships with people who are connected and have watched the program as a fan and supporter of St X. I am not surprised at these comments about attendance issues because I think the attitude of some former players and parents have permeated throughout the program. I think this would have changed over time under Jeff Rosfeld. As it is I think it will take the new coach a few years to change the culture of the program and restore it to the Moeller of old. I think it takes a strong, established leader like Doug Ramsey or Steve Specht to fight off the perverse sense of entitlement that many parents and students have today. Obviously men like Carl Kremer and the baseball coach are able to overcome theses attitudes and develop a strong sense of team and commitment. If the new coach is a strong leader and sticks around more than a few years he will restore the culture of the program.
100% agree... difficult to establish the culture and discipline a program needs when they have four head coaches in four years... I'm really pulling for Elder. If the guys believe in him then they will be successful. Only time will tell...

Agree with the concern expressed over kids not committing to the lifting schedule. I know many kids did not come when they could of until the new head coach came, which is BS. If you are committed then kids should come when they have an opportunity to and the dedicated strength coach is there running the sessions... I suspect he knows who came and who did not during the November-Jan period and hope he takes note of who is realy committed and who chooses to come to suck up.

All this discussion about the Block M. I sat through an alumni session where Marshall Hyzdu explained the branding effort. To me, it made sense. I do like the shield, but overall, I think it's a little too plain/simple. I think we should've put a cross in the middle of the M. To me, I am glad to see us get rid of the Block M. I always hated people mistaking me for being a Michigan fan. Let Michigan keep their stupid block M, let's change ours to show who WE are.