2020 Football

How is the team shaping up for next year? Returning starters?

New Coach and possibly some new Staff members from a 2-8 Team. Sure they have a few Returning Starters but most every position should be up for grabs! Elder was a pretty solid Recruiter in College. Curious to see if he can Recruit some Football players to Moeller.

I bumped into a guy the other day who had a kid at Moeller and we were talking about how it appears to be a great hire. Only going on what the guy said, but he said there were kids transferring from Moeller. If true, hopefully Elder can use his "recruiting" skills and get them to stay. Elder has his work cut out for him. I don't think this is going to be a one year wonder. He's going to have to build this thing and it's going to take time.

I did not see the freshman play last year, but a lot of people were raving about them. Was the freshman QB really good? Could he compete to start varsity next year? I didn't see anything on varsity last year from that position after Verdon was benched/left.

I bumped into a guy the other day who had a kid at Moeller and we were talking about how it appears to be a great hire. Only going on what the guy said, but he said there were kids transferring from Moeller. If true, hopefully Elder can use his "recruiting" skills and get them to stay. Elder has his work cut out for him. I don't think this is going to be a one year wonder. He's going to have to build this thing and it's going to take time.

I did not see the freshman play last year, but a lot of people were raving about them. Was the freshman QB really good? Could he compete to start varsity next year? I didn't see anything on varsity last year from that position after Verdon was benched/left.

QB is clearly the biggest question mark going into 2020, along with WR's. Frosh QB is very dynamic, but not sure physically he will be ready to compete for the job (even McBride as a soph wasn't ready) ? Moe should be much improved upfront on both Defense and Offensive lines, with Dline probably being team strength. Not sure who has left Moe, but both White Brothers have some skill at Rb and WR. 15-16 starters return, but still many question marks going into 2020, including new coaching staff. Moe may have to play soph's again in 2020 at skilled positions?

Taken from some news article I read:

Moeller High School announced Mark Elder as the new head football coach. Mr. Elder has twenty years of coaching experience with the SEC, Big Ten, Big East, and MAC. He has coached four conference-championship teams as well as in the Rose Bowl. He is a proven recruiter, signing a top-five recruiting class at the University of Tennessee.

Elder was fired by EKU on November 25, 2019 after four seasons

My guesses for the starters next year. Feel free to correct me where y’all see fit.

Offense:
QB: Springer/Geselbracht/Cox/Rotello
RB: Goins/Bri. White/Dunlop/Rotello
WRs: Bra. White/McEachen/Morton/Davis
TE: Kattus
OT: Fickell/Sturgis
OG: Riffle/LaRubio/Corrodo
C: Broughton

Defense:
DT: Bullock/A. Shaw/Corrodo
DE: Pabst/Garrett
OLB: Rotello/Malone/Gerkin/French
MLB: D. Shaw
S: French/Bieber/Thompson
CB: Mock/Anderson/Paul

I would expect Hughes to handle both the kicking and punting this year as well.

My guesses for the starters next year. Feel free to correct me where y’all see fit.

Offense:
QB: Springer/Geselbracht/Cox/Rotello
RB: Goins/Bri. White/Dunlop/Rotello
WRs: Bra. White/McEachen/Morton/Davis
TE: Kattus
OT: Fickell/Sturgis
OG: Riffle/LaRubio/Corrodo
C: Broughton

Defense:
DT: Bullock/A. Shaw/Corrodo
DE: Pabst/Garrett
OLB: Rotello/Malone/Gerkin/French
MLB: D. Shaw
S: French/Bieber/Thompson
CB: Mock/Anderson/Paul

I would expect Hughes to handle both the kicking and punting this year as well.

Will they let Rotello play QB and OLB?

I think the bigger problem that nobody is talking about is all those darn liberal teachers at moeller. No matter who the coach is it’s hard to build toughness and competitiveness in the players when their minds are being poisoned in the classroom by the left wing agenda. Since martial law Hyzdu has taken over things have only gotten more politically correct and more soft

I think the bigger problem that nobody is talking about is all those darn liberal teachers at moeller. No matter who the coach is it’s hard to build toughness and competitiveness in the players when their minds are being poisoned in the classroom by the left wing agenda. Since martial law Hyzdu has taken over things have only gotten more politically correct and more soft
Enjoy your Christmas break kiddo- hopefully trolling yapping isn’t your only fun while on vacation!

Enjoy your Christmas break kiddo- hopefully trolling yapping isn’t your only fun while on vacation!
You always have a hard time when someone speaks the truth about Moeller. Only catholic school where teachers openly support abortion. Great lessons being taught!

You always have a hard time when someone speaks the truth about Moeller. Only catholic school where teachers openly support abortion. Great lessons being taught!
Nah, it’s just obvious that is a student messing around. Doesn’t take a genius to figure that out...

I actually know Johnny sins very well and often times we sit together at the games and I can confirm that he is in fact an adult. I don’t know if all the liberal teachers are necessarily poisoning the youth but my sons always told me some crazy things that their teachers would say in the classroom so Johnny does have a point. I do agree that hyzdu has made the school too politically correct though

Serious question - does anyone care about your perennial basketball powerhouse over there?

The lack of interest is....odd.

Is there a feeling that it has stolen the shine from football?

Serious question - does anyone care about your perennial basketball powerhouse over there?

The lack of interest is....odd.

Is there a feeling that it has stolen the shine from football?
What do you mean? There is a ton of interest in the basketball team. Just because it isn’t being talked about on yappi (why bother- all you would get is bashing) doesn’t make it any “less”.

I actually know Johnny sins very well and often times we sit together at the games and I can confirm that he is in fact an adult. I don’t know if all the liberal teachers are necessarily poisoning the youth but my sons always told me some crazy things that their teachers would say in the classroom so Johnny does have a point. I do agree that hyzdu has made the school too politically correct though
I think the bigger problem that nobody is talking about is all those darn liberal teachers at moeller. No matter who the coach is it’s hard to build toughness and competitiveness in the players when their minds are being poisoned in the classroom by the left wing agenda. Since martial law Hyzdu has taken over things have only gotten more politically correct and more
soft

The soft Basketball Crusaders just won the Prestigious Blue Star invitational, now winners of 58 of 59, and 92-5 over last 97. Bob Huggins praised Moeller competitive spirit as an admission requirement after McBride torches OSU. And Finally, politically correct Hyzdu makes correct dicesions for the future of the FB program. What am I missing?

The soft Basketball Crusaders just won the Prestigious Blue Star invitational, now winners of 58 of 59, and 92-5 over last 97. Bob Huggins praised Moeller competitive spirit as an admission requirement after McBride torches OSU. And Finally, politically correct Hyzdu makes correct dicesions for the future of the FB program. What am I missing?

You are spot on rabbit. As far as the liberal teachers at Moe goes, I experienced liberal professors back in the 1970's at a Catholic college in Pa. Nothing new here. Probably why I eventually changed my political party affiliation. Liberalism runs rampant among Catholic institutions. Conservative Catholic is an oxymoron in today's world. GBM

What do you mean? There is a ton of interest in the basketball team. Just because it isn’t being talked about on yappi (why bother- all you would get is bashing) doesn’t make it any “less”.

I guess that's why - because it isn't discussed here much, if at all. Like 12 posts in 2 years and they won like 60 games in a row or something like that.

Almost seems like basketball winning so much is "ho hum" and that all the focus in on fixing football.

I guess that's why - because it isn't discussed here much, if at all. Like 12 posts in 2 years and they won like 60 games in a row or something like that.

Almost seems like basketball winning so much is "ho hum" and that all the focus in on fixing football.

You compare Moe's site with Elder's, where 7-10 rabid fans post every 5 minutes. Plenty of fan interest in Moeller basketball. have you attended a game lately?

You compare Moe's site with Elder's, where 7-10 rabid fans post every 5 minutes. Plenty of fan interest in Moeller basketball. have you attended a game lately?

I'm not comparing it to Elder's forum. I'm comparing it to your own forum where there's plenty of dialogue about a football program that frankly hasn't been very good for the last few years and has been in coaching turmoil vs. a basketball powerhouse that's nationally ranked and won 60 games in a row.

Just curious why there isn't more dialogue about such a great success story.

Damn.

I hear you- it is just easier to enjoy the success silently than to deal with all the recruiting accusations. I am extremely excited for Duece (who went to Catholic school his whole life and worked harder than any kid I know), but if you post about it people just yell about recruiting

Prestigious??? Elder has played better teams than were at that showcase.

I'm not comparing it to Elder's forum. I'm comparing it to your own forum where there's plenty of dialogue about a football program that frankly hasn't been very good for the last few years and has been in coaching turmoil vs. a basketball powerhouse that's nationally ranked and won 60 games in a row.

Just curious why there isn't more dialogue about such a great success story.

Damn.
I think you missed his point. Elder’s page on here has a lot of laundry aired by just a few posters but it generates a lot of views and reactions. Even with the frustration behind Moe football the discussion was minimal when compared to Elder posting. In the end Kballer is partly right, why talk about it here when Moe haters will troll the threads. Instead the fans see each other in surroundings that are not online in Yappi and have fun discussing The Big Moe! I believe some lessons were learned when Crable was head coach. Talk directly to the AD or some other school official versus saying too much here or any other online board. Occasionally there is some interesting comments made but for the most part Moe Fans just don’t make a habit of airing things publicly like Elder posters seem to do.

1/2/2020 Turpin 46 Elder 43. o_O?
??? Did I say Elder won?? I said they play better schedule. Moe’s schedule stinks. Played 1 good team and lost. If you want to see a good schedule and a team not afraid to play tough teams see St Ed’s

Always fun to see all you homers that can't see thru your Moe colored glasses. You just better hope Moe doesn't have to play St. Ed's again this year.

Any word if Coach Elder is going to keep any of the current coaching staff? Any idea on if his background is more defense or offensive minded?