2020 Football

Yes Acito is still coaching the D Line. Mike Blum is the O line coach. He's a grad but doesn't have the experience as a coach to be in that position. Nice guy and great with the players and would be a great Asst O line coach but having a mentor to help him grow as a coach would be great. If there has been a weak link, outside of QB play, the last two years it's been the O line. That's great that Lakota East is stepping up to play us. I know they have one or two years left on the Lexington Lafayette contact so they should be on the schedule again next year. I would imagine Louisville Trinity, St. Ignatius, St. Edwards and X, Elder and LaSalle. That would leave two games to complete the schedule. If week #2 is Lexington Lafayette or Louisville Trinity it would be nice if we could move that game to one of the two open dates and get another GMC team in week #2 before they head into GMC play in week three. Princeton would be a good game to have on the schedule. Hopefully we can get "games" and not two Canadian teams. GBM!!!

Definitely not taking more resources from the school- sponsors and donors, camps, fundraising (program, spiritwear).
Yep. Kremer was successful in avoiding having the basketball team lumped into the Athletic dept budget like Assbeck wanted. They are their own entity and therefore control their own finances.

Yes Acito is still coaching the D Line. Mike Blum is the O line coach. He's a grad but doesn't have the experience as a coach to be in that position. Nice guy and great with the players and would be a great Asst O line coach but having a mentor to help him grow as a coach would be great. If there has been a weak link, outside of QB play, the last two years it's been the O line. That's great that Lakota East is stepping up to play us. I know they have one or two years left on the Lexington Lafayette contact so they should be on the schedule again next year. I would imagine Louisville Trinity, St. Ignatius, St. Edwards and X, Elder and LaSalle. That would leave two games to complete the schedule. If week #2 is Lexington Lafayette or Louisville Trinity it would be nice if we could move that game to one of the two open dates and get another GMC team in week #2 before they head into GMC play in week three. Princeton would be a good game to have on the schedule. Hopefully we can get "games" and not two Canadian teams. GBM!!!

Yes, Moeller vs Princeton would be great. Why would the Vikings not be interested in that? It would attract a great crowd (in their stadium) and renew a once fantastic rivalry!

This thread is dead......Good luck to Coach Rody tonight....playing in the State Semi-Finals!

I didn’t know he switched schools. Did he get let go from Lawrence Central? I know he was struggling there. It is a tough league. He wasn’t there very long.

I didn’t know he switched schools. Did he get let go from Lawrence Central? I know he was struggling there. It is a tough league. He wasn’t there very long.

I'm pretty sure he left on his own accord but the writing was on the wall. According to the Indianapolis Star he felt more comfortable at the Catholic school having coached at McNick, Cov. Cath. and Moeller. He was hired by Roncalli in February of 2020. GBM

Bridog is correct. He resigned last winter. At LC he was promoted a couple of years back to Asst AD as well as the head football coach. He left and is now at Roncalli High School. They won their semi-final game and play for the State Championship this coming weekend. If they win he will have won State Titles in three different states. I don't know if that has ever been done. Everyone has their faults and either like or don't like Coach Rody but I still think Moeller would be in a much better place if we would have kept him. Look at Elder, X, St Ignatius. They have had down years in a row and their administration/AD stood behind their head coach and they turned it around. I still don't get how you can fire a coach that has won two State Championships over two sub-par years. The issue at Moeller is that Hyzdu does what Hyzdu wants to do. He let Coach Rody go and four years later we are worse than we were with Coach Rody here. I guarantee you Coach Rody wouldn't be using the excuse "we are young" for not winning. Just in case people don't realize it but X is younger than we are and they won a State Championship this year. GBM!

Three years after Hyzdu fires Coach Rody he wins the 4A State Championship at Roncalli in his first year. Congrats Coach! While you are winning, State Championships, we are still trying to figure out our football program at Moeller...…..thanks to Hyzdu.

Here is who the OHSAA should really be looking at . . . Kremer and Dr. Fauci

1607019620378.png

GopherHole: Is that picture from today when Carl and his gang heard the news? Susli's saying "we don't have to worry about the football program". Thanks to Giving Tuesday the other day we will be able to pay the fine imposed by the OHSAA. Why is beck still the AD? How can he say in that article "it's a learning experience". That is embarrassing for any AD to say especially for a Moeller AD to say. Take some responsibility Mike.....You are a joke! I hope Hyzdu holds himself responsible for the fall of the program. Coach Rody will you please come back!!!!

GopherHole: Is that picture from today when Carl and his gang heard the news? Susli's saying "we don't have to worry about the football program". Thanks to Giving Tuesday the other day we will be able to pay the fine imposed by the OHSAA. Why is beck still the AD? How can he say in that article "it's a learning experience". That is embarrassing for any AD to say especially for a Moeller AD to say. Take some responsibility Mike.....You are a joke! I hope Hyzdu holds himself responsible for the fall of the program. Coach Rody will you please come back!!!!

You and Gopher should get a room, 2 very bitter human beings.

Zach Carpenter transferring from Michigan to Indiana. He was starting this year so surprised to see this. Anybody have any information on this? Best of luck to Zach at Indiana. He's a great player and a better person.

Zach Carpenter transferring from Michigan to Indiana. He was starting this year so surprised to see this. Anybody have any information on this? Best of luck to Zach at Indiana. He's a great player and a better person.

See if that link opens. Good article that will shed SOME light on the subject.

Birdog is correct. At one time we were looking to purchase Lockland Stadium to do renovations to the facility and we backed out of that. When the lease expired Lockland jacked up the rent on the new lease so we walked away. Lockland not only received rent from us but they received all the concession money and we got nothing but ticket sales. The setting of the stadium is great. Facilities (locker rooms, rest rooms, concessions) are inadequate for games with large crowds. Princeton is a very nice facility and has plenty of parking but I don't know if that's a long term solution. Why can't they build a soccer field at the new Sports Complex and build a football stadium at Moeller running north and south where the soccer/football fields are now? Varsity/JV can practice in the stadium and the frosh down at All Saints. Like Moeller Louisville Trinity is land locked and boy they have one of the nicest stadiums in what might be the same amount of land that we have at "The Gerry". I'm sure we won't have lights but play on Saturday mornings/afternoons. I agree TNG it's time for us to have a stadium.