Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Moeller by 1-8

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Moeller by 9-16

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
78% correct on games. The 39% relates to the spread being within 7 points.
Those stats are impressive especially for predicting high school football. Seems like every week you would have at least 50% of the games be between middle of the pack teams that could go either way.

The fact you were compelled to reply.... you can't help it?
I'm just asking the question. For the record, I don't give a sh** what you forecast or predict about anything. I'm interested in what the players do on the field Friday night. So, feel free to spout as much pregame slop as you want on any Yappi thread. Just leave me out of it and I will do you the same professional courtesy. Have a Happy Thanksgiving too :)

I'm just asking the question. For the record, I don't give a sh** what you forecast or predict about anything. I'm interested in what the players do on the field Friday night. So, feel free to spout as much pregame slop as you want on any Yappi thread. Just leave me out of it and I will do you the same professional courtesy. Have a Happy Thanksgiving too :)
Nah, that's about all I had to contribute. Happy Thanksgiving to you to though.

Nah, that's about all I had to contribute. Happy Thanksgiving to you to though.
Enjoy this Final 4 week. And good luck to both teams Friday for a highly competitive, spirited, injury free game where the winner hopefully will bring home the big trophy. As these teams know each other, this has developed into a bit of a playoff rivalry. I'm expecting another highly stressful down to the wire nailbiter that may come down to who has the ball last. That's all I have to contribute.

It's been a pretty impressive run by this Springfield team in particular. This was not their dominant type of season with many ups and downs. I don't think many expected them to be sitting in the state semi-finals, but here they are, playing their best football of the season. In this particular game, Moeller is the favorite. There's some familiarity here. Springfield knows what Moeller brings and was able to beat them, 28-24, in this spot last year. My gut tells me Moeller gets their revenge in 2023, but probably closer than most expect. I'll go with:

Moeller 21
Springfield 14

Enjoy this Final 4 week. And good luck to both teams Friday for a highly competitive, spirited, injury free game where the winner hopefully will bring home the big trophy. As these teams know each other, this has developed into a bit of a playoff rivalry. I'm expecting another highly stressful down to the wire nailbiter that may come down to who has the ball last. That's all I have to contribute.
Moeller should win this game handily. This year's team is as of right now a tad better than LY. JM is who he is, the Soph QB is already closing in on career passing records, the wideouts are better than LY including a stable of 3 D-1 tight ends. The O- line might have been a question mark early on but no more and all but 1 return next year. The linebacking core of #40, #33 and #36 are in my opinion the best the State of Ohio has to offer. The defensive backfield is a shut down position group with a few D-1 recruits. Special teams are off the charts. Great punter and place kicker. They can flip the field position at will. From what I am hearing SHS is very good but does not measure up to last year's team. If this is true then I just don't see them hanging with Big Moe for too long. Play the game and let the chips fall where they may. I like our chances. GBM 💪 🏈🏆

Moeller should win this game handily. This year's team is as of right now a tad better than LY. JM is who he is, the Soph QB is already closing in on career passing records, the wideouts are better than LY including a stable of 3 D-1 tight ends. The O- line might have been a question mark early on but no more and all but 1 return next year. The linebacking core of #40, #33 and #36 are in my opinion the best the State of Ohio has to offer. The defensive backfield is a shut down position group with a few D-1 recruits. Special teams are off the charts. Great punter and place kicker. They can flip the field position at will. From what I am hearing SHS is very good but does not measure up to last year's team. If this is true then I just don't see them hanging with Big Moe for too long. Play the game and let the chips fall where they may. I like our chances. GBM 💪 🏈🏆
Maybe you should watch some film of SHS in this year's playoffs. What you see just might surprise you, especially in the 4th quarters...

sfms_header_logo-20.png

Et tu brute? Trey DePriest graduated from SHS nearly 15 years ago? What does he have to do with anything? He also played for Alabama. Maybe you should direct your safety "concerns" to them as well? Since we're going back in the day, should I bring up your infamous teenage baby murderer Rebecca Hopfer given the recent abortion issues in Ohio lately? Maybe there's still an issue in your community with contraception and reporting dead bodies to police that still needs to be addressed but that's also a discussion beyond a Yappi playoff football thread. I really had thought you were above being a sad, bitter, jealous hater like Dayride but apparently not. Apparently even you have your limit which seems to be 5 consecutive regional crowns with the Elks being ousted from the playoffs twice convincingly.
Calm down and take your meds. I am not a sad, bitter, hater of Springfield as I have friends and relatives that grew up in Springfield and years ago even sat on the visitors side a few times when Springfield South played at Centerville. The success of Springfield does not bother me. The Elks should just take it as a challenge to improve next year. Anyhow, thanks for the hater accusation, Go Wildcats!

Last edited:
Calm down and take your meds. I am not a sad, bitter, hater of Springfield as I have friends and relatives that grew up in Springfield and years ago even sat on the visitors side a few times when Springfield South played at Centerville. The success of Springfield does not bother me. The Elks should just take it as a challenge to improve next year. Anyhow, thanks for the hater accusation, Go Wildcats!
You definitely got the knives out for Springfield. It doesn't surprise me after 5 straight regional championships, other GWOC schools are getting resentful and bitter, especially when everyone thought this was a down year for SHS. But I am surprised and disappointed that you would stoop to the level of people like Dayride. I really thought you were better than that ...

Boy, a public school winning 5 straight regional crowns really does bring out the hate doesn't it? Wonderful...
Not really. Reading this forum the past several months makes it clear you did that all by yourself in regard to the world of Yappi posters. You're pretty insufferable.

Maybe you should watch some film of SHS in this year's playoffs. What you see just might surprise you, especially in the 4th quarters...
I have. They're not good. Region 2 was freaking horrible this year. Moeller is going to win this game by 3-4 TDs, and I say that having a ton of respect for the Springfield program while also despising Moeller. Springfield simply won't hold up against Moeller's offensive line, and then Ponatoski is a big time QB with weapons. Springfield has a good defense, but Moeller has a really good offense and will score. On the other side of the ball, Moeller has one giant weakness but is otherwise excellent. That weakness is that teams can blow their defensive line off the ball if they run right at them. Running to the perimeter doesn't work as this is a very fast defense. You can throw the ball on them somewhat (6.0 ypa allowed); however, you're asking for turnovers as they still give up less than 50% passing and have 20 INT this year. Springfield is not a team that will pound you up the middle, so I can't see them having much success against Moeller's defense.

Moeller wins 31-7.

I have. They're not good. Region 2 was freaking horrible this year. Moeller is going to win this game by 3-4 TDs, and I say that having a ton of respect for the Springfield program while also despising Moeller. Springfield simply won't hold up against Moeller's offensive line, and then Ponatoski is a big time QB with weapons. Springfield has a good defense, but Moeller has a really good offense and will score. On the other side of the ball, Moeller has one giant weakness but is otherwise excellent. That weakness is that teams can blow their defensive line off the ball if they run right at them. Running to the perimeter doesn't work as this is a very fast defense. You can throw the ball on them somewhat (6.0 ypa allowed); however, you're asking for turnovers as they still give up less than 50% passing and have 20 INT this year. Springfield is not a team that will pound you up the middle, so I can't see them having much success against Moeller's defense.

Moeller wins 31-7.
Olentangy was pretty good. Also, Moeller has had some pretty close calls this year. And Springfield has played a very tough schedule this year and last year which is why the lines are better this year. And SHS has had tougher competition in the playoffs this year. I have confidence in them. You should watch the entire Storied Rivals video from the Olentangy game. It shows how SHS gets stronger as the game goes on and takes over by the 4th quarter.

I think last years Moeller team was much better than this one.

Have to disagree with you on this one. The biggest difference is the QB Ponatoski. He was kinda thrown in there as a freshman last year in the playoffs. He wasn’t asked to do a lot. In the Springfield game he was 3-16 for 27 yards. He played like a freshman. He is night and day from last year. He was the top passer in the GCL. Compared to the top passer from the GMC, he had like 1500 more yards than their top guy. The kid can make every throw. He broke Moeller passing records this year. He is the BIG difference from last year’s team which makes them a much more dangerous team than last year’s group.