MVL 2022

Seems like only 1 game in the MVL tonight will have any intrigue, with Stebbins @ Tipp. The rest are pretty much all foregone conclusions.

However you could even argue that game may not be close, as Stebbins racking up a lot of points on Greenville and West Carrollton doesn't appear hard to do for anyone.

Seems like only 1 game in the MVL tonight will have any intrigue, with Stebbins @ Tipp. The rest are pretty much all foregone conclusions.

However you could even argue that game may not be close, as Stebbins racking up a lot of points on Greenville and West Carrollton doesn't appear hard to do for anyone.
Don't remind me...

Don't remind me...
To be fair, the defense seems to be the one thing keeping Greenville from picking up a good amount of wins. Short puts up a ton of yards on offense, and they seem to score enough. If they can figure that out they should find a few wins against West Carrollton and possibly Butler.

West Carrollton and Butler are two of the worst teams I’ve seen this year. #15 for Butler will be a star. He’s a sophomore. WC has some speed but no line. At all. Butler has a terrible punting game.

Tipp dominating Stebbins as expected. 31-0 at halftime, I like that people are still sleeping on Tipp. They are a sound team.
I’m not sure who is sleeping on them. They are a good MVL team that will get you rocked fairly early in the playoffs just like any other year

I’m not sure who is sleeping on them. They are a good MVL team that will get you rocked fairly early in the playoffs just like any other year
This isn’t the mid 2000’s anymore, Tipp does win playoff games. And they make the playoffs on a consistent basis. Can’t say the same about Troy

Final Xenia 55 Greenville 21, Greenville played a great game but after Brock Short got hurt that was the game.

But you CAN say the same about Troy.

You could have went a lot of different ways with the digs, but that one just isn’t true. Troy hasn’t missed the playoffs since the 2015 season. Tipp has.
No you can not. The only reason Troy made the postseason last year and will this year is because of the expanded playoffs. Let’s not act like for more than a decade before 2016 and Burgbacher Troy did anything. From 2001 through 2015 Troy made the playoffs a grand total of 2 times, with a total of 5 winnings season. Tipp has made 15 of the last 22 playoffs, Troy has made 8 of the last 22 playoffs since the turn of the century. Tipp has won 9 playoffs games in that time frame. Troy has won 4 playoff games since 2000

Both Troy and Tipp have good programs. But I wouldn't compare their playoff runs. They play in two different divisions, so I think it's hard to accurately compare them from that standpoint.

Both Troy and Tipp have good programs. But I wouldn't compare their playoff runs. They play in two different divisions, so I think it's hard to accurately compare them from that standpoint.
It’s D2 and D3, not like we are comparing schools in D1 and D4. Troy is a fairly large program for D2. Tipp is a smaller D3 school. The simple facts are that since 2000 Tipp has made almost double the amount of playoffs that Troy has and have more than double the amount of playoffs wins, directly refuting what TroyTrojans05 and HomeRunsNDunks said.

Pretty sure he's directing that at @INDIANS_RULE . He thinks Piqua will have a running clock on everyone (except Xenia).

I went back and tried to find the post where I said Piqua would running clock Tipp. and I can't find it anywhere. I said baring any major injury, they will beat them by as many as they decide. That I still stand behind

I am new here but have a nephew on Butler's football team and wanted some opinions. I looked up previous coaches and Hyett won 9 games in his first two years, Puckett won 8 and Cates won 4 his first year. Seems like a trend with head coaches in their first two years assuming Cates can pull out two more wins. Is this a Butler athlete thing or a coaching thing or a mixture of both. Cates seems to get more numbers out than Puckett did and my nephew really likes him. However, my nephew said him and other kids were not going to come out this year if he kept the previous wide outs coach. I guess that coach was moved from wide outs to another position and pulled from offensive coordinator this season. nephew said hthat coach just stands around talking rather than coaching and is really cocky about how good he used to be. my nephew said they had a much better offense last year but the previous oc was terrible at play calling and the wide outs coach they have now is a much better coach and he is actually being coached up. So I ask, is this a coaching issue year to year, athletes or a mixture of both. Is there an issue with assistant coaches? Just trying to figure out why we place the same year after year despite new head coaches. I am an old has been so I am not trying to trigger anyone here just want honest opinions from the diehard mvl fans.

I am new here but have a nephew on Butler's football team and wanted some opinions. I looked up previous coaches and Hyett won 9 games in his first two years, Puckett won 8 and Cates won 4 his first year. Seems like a trend with head coaches in their first two years assuming Cates can pull out two more wins. Is this a Butler athlete thing or a coaching thing or a mixture of both. Cates seems to get more numbers out than Puckett did and my nephew really likes him. However, my nephew said him and other kids were not going to come out this year if he kept the previous wide outs coach. I guess that coach was moved from wide outs to another position and pulled from offensive coordinator this season. nephew said hthat coach just stands around talking rather than coaching and is really cocky about how good he used to be. my nephew said they had a much better offense last year but the previous oc was terrible at play calling and the wide outs coach they have now is a much better coach and he is actually being coached up. So I ask, is this a coaching issue year to year, athletes or a mixture of both. Is there an issue with assistant coaches? Just trying to figure out why we place the same year after year despite new head coaches. I am an old has been so I am not trying to trigger anyone here just want honest opinions from the diehard mvl fans.
I have a grandson on the team, the kids love Cates and he is changing the culture at Butler, that takes years not months. There are a bunch of athletes on that team but maybe getting through the current senior class is what needs to happen. My grandson averaged over 11 yards per carry in his first start at the varsity level. That’s the talent coming up at Butler.
It took Niswonger 9 years to build Valley View into a State Champion program. Kids need to quit knit picking and looking for reasons to quit. Butler has great facilities and a great fan base. Give Cates some time.

I wasn't impressed with the Butler coaching when they played Sidney. Sidney had a 4 and 3 with 2 minutes to go Butler had 2 players running on the field when we snapped the ball. I know you could blame both the players and the coaches but I side with blaming coaching. Sidney has personnel and alignment problems more than there should be. In my opinion that's a discipline thing or a coach not making you listen in practice to know what you need to be doing. If this happened when I played, you ran, did push ups or something.

Let’s be honest, if your changing coaches all the time and still not winning maybe the reason is because you lack the athletes/culture and or the parents have unreasonable expectations and run coaches out before they can build anything. However, Butler does, and have had good athletes, but lots of schools have good athletes and are not good at football. A lot of it has to do with those athletes work ethic/ buy in, the town/schools culture and then coaching. If you look at Tipp and Butler since Tipp joined the GWOC/MVL, I wouldn’t say that Tipp has had far better athletes every year, yet Tipp is 7-1 against Butler in that time and have won the last 5 by a combined score of 174-23.

Last edited:
I went back and tried to find the post where I said Piqua would running clock Tipp. and I can't find it anywhere. I said baring any major injury, they will beat them by as many as they decide. That I still stand behind
You absolutely said Piqua would running clock Tipp: http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/mvl-2022.349270/page-12#post-8515637

"I expect to be challenged by Xenia (maybe even a loss) and have a running clock the rest of the season baring injury's of course."