MVL 2022

Troy bullied Stebbins. Pushed them around in the trenches, and kept Norton and Harris-Belle from creating much of anything (just the one 46yd TD pass). It was surprising to see the Indians keep trying to run inside with a small back while the line was a sieve. Credit to Troy for sticking to their gameplan and playing tough!

I still see Troy going 7-3. Easier times are ahead with some cupcakes coming. Besides tipp. Maybe Sidney who knows? But I had a feeling they’d pull this one out. They had to feel pretty crappy about getting hammered by their rival last week. I had a feeling they’d come out ready this week. Stebbins does have a nice little team with some good athletes. Definitely a solid win for Troy.

I still see Troy going 7-3. Easier times are ahead with some cupcakes coming. Besides tipp. Maybe Sidney who knows? But I had a feeling they’d pull this one out. They had to feel pretty crappy about getting hammered by their rival last week. I had a feeling they’d come out ready this week. Stebbins does have a nice little team with some good athletes. Definitely a solid win for Troy.
While I agree that Troy will probably finish 7-3 or 6-4, let’s not act like Stebbins is a great team, look at the 3 teams they beat to go 3-0. Mother Teresa’s School of the Blind could have went 3-0 with that early schedule

Here are my quick thoughts, I just looked at the stats and Piqua had 112 total yards of offense and to be honest I didn't think we had that many. Xenia beat us up at the line of scrimmage all night long. Brown (#84) got behind the Xenia defense 5 times and 4 times Ouhl overthrew him 4 times and he dropped it once. Xenia's Sanders punished the Piqua defensive players repeatedly, he had two long TD's called back because of holding penalty's. Piqua couldn't stop killing themselves, they would get Xenia in a 3rd and long and then jump offsides and make it 3rd and 2 or 3 and they could pick it up.

Xenia did to Piqua what Piqua has been doing to teams for 2 years. I still think Piqua ends up 9-1 with ease, but I don't think they will go very deep in the playoffs. 2nd or 3rd round exit.

On to Sidney for the Battered Helmet next week.

I honestly think Greenville would be better served in the SWBL
I think Greenville previously experimented with moving to the old Mid-Miami League which folded a year or 2 after they joined. Then they spent a few seasons in independent wonderland before going back to the GWOC. I don’t see them going anywhere. Plus, from prior discussion, they are supposed to move to the Valley division next year in place of Sidney. However, Xenia may have something to say about winning divisional trophies.

Here are my quick thoughts, I just looked at the stats and Piqua had 112 total yards of offense and to be honest I didn't think we had that many. Xenia beat us up at the line of scrimmage all night long. Brown (#84) got behind the Xenia defense 5 times and 4 times Ouhl overthrew him 4 times and he dropped it once. Xenia's Sanders punished the Piqua defensive players repeatedly, he had two long TD's called back because of holding penalty's. Piqua couldn't stop killing themselves, they would get Xenia in a 3rd and long and then jump offsides and make it 3rd and 2 or 3 and they could pick it up.

Xenia did to Piqua what Piqua has been doing to teams for 2 years. I still think Piqua ends up 9-1 with ease, but I don't think they will go very deep in the playoffs. 2nd or 3rd round exit.

On to Sidney for the Battered Helmet next week.
I’m sorry but beating Tipp is not gonna be easy, Piqua is obviously not the juggernaut we all thought them to be. Don’t get me wrong, they are still damn good, but so is Xenia and Tipp.
On another note, I think it’s safe to say Trei’Shaun Sanders is a lock to be conference player of the year. He is averaging a whopping 12 yards a carry and has 750 yards on just 62 touches. He should easily break 2,000 yards.

I’m sorry but beating Tipp is not gonna be easy, Piqua is obviously not the juggernaut we all thought them to be. Don’t get me wrong, they are still damn good, but so is Xenia and Tipp.
On another note, I think it’s safe to say Trei’Shaun Sanders is a lock to be conference player of the year. He is averaging a whopping 12 yards a carry and has 750 yards on just 62 touches. He should easily break 2,000 yards.

Tier 1: Xenia, Piqua, Tipp
Tier 2: Troy, Stebbins, Sidney
Tier 3: Butler, Fairborn, Greenville, West Carrollton

Tier 1: Xenia, Piqua, Tipp
Tier 2: Troy, Stebbins, Sidney
Tier 3: Butler, Fairborn, Greenville, West Carrollton
Might need a 4th tier for West Carrollton. Maybe they can hang with Fairborn/Butler/Greenville, but all signs so far don't point to that.