2022 GCL Co-Ed

I would agree. To be great, you have to measure yourself against the best and the GCL South certainly qualifies. I checked the other co-ed schedules, McNick plays all but Moeller and Fenwick plays X. CJ should schedule a few though getting to Elder or LaSalle during a weekday from downtown Dayton would be terrible.
Thoughts on the Alter Knights? Bad opponents or do you think they might be decent now?

Thoughts on the Alter Knights? Bad opponents or do you think they might be decent now?
I've not seen Alter play this year so I cannot comment. Congrats on beating Fenwick however. As I stated earlier, I've always felt Alter would be a great place to try to build a program as you know there are athletes in the school. From an outsiders perspective it appears they are not very interested in baseball and I've been around the GCL North/co-ed since its inception in 1992.

I would agree. To be great, you have to measure yourself against the best and the GCL South certainly qualifies. I checked the other co-ed schedules, McNick plays all but Moeller and Fenwick plays X. CJ should schedule a few though getting to Elder or LaSalle during a weekday from downtown Dayton would be terrible.
CJ, Alter, and Carroll will still schedule a good deal of Dayton D1 teams. GCL South schools likely aren't jumping to come to Dayton either so local games make more sense for those three.

CJ, Alter, and Carroll will still schedule a good deal of Dayton D1 teams. GCL South schools likely aren't jumping to come to Dayton either so local games make more sense for those three.
I mean no offense to the Dayton D1 teams but I would say only Butler and maybe Centerville or Springboro would compare to any of the four GCL South programs. None of them would play Alter or Carroll imo.

I mean no offense to the Dayton D1 teams but I would say only Butler and maybe Centerville or Springboro would compare to any of the four GCL South programs. None of them would play Alter or Carroll imo.
I know Centerville has played Alter on occasions. Scheduling is not as straight-forward as it should be.

Alter typically plays Miamisburg as well which I wouldn't say is a dominant D1 program but they seem to always have above average teams.
And again, Alter, Carroll, and CJ are very low on numbers. When you look at scheduling non league games, those teams are less likely to have the pitching depth that Badin or Fenwick has.

5/3

Alter @ Bellbrook
McNick @ Covington Catholic
CJ @ Miamisburg

looks like weather will shut down some games

I've not seen Alter play this year so I cannot comment. Congrats on beating Fenwick however. As I stated earlier, I've always felt Alter would be a great place to try to build a program as you know there are athletes in the school. From an outsiders perspective it appears they are not very interested in baseball and I've been around the GCL North/co-ed since its inception in 1992.
Baseball is the schools least of concerns, regardless its nice to see these boys playing well, the program needs this and so do they

Last edited:

And again, Alter, Carroll, and CJ are very low on numbers. When you look at scheduling non league games, those teams are less likely to have the pitching depth that Badin or Fenwick has.
The GCL is a great league. If you put Alter or Carroll in one of the other D2 leagues in the area they would be close to the top each year. It just so happens that Badin is what they are and CJ has caught up and surpassed them on a couple of occasions. The league has 4 different members that have won state titles in the past 30 years. The league has been in theD2 final four the past 5 seasons with Badin going in 2016 & 2021, CJ with three straight from 2017-2019. Rather impressive!

The GCL is a great league. If you put Alter or Carroll in one of the other D2 leagues in the area they would be close to the top each year. It just so happens that Badin is what they are and CJ has caught up and surpassed them on a couple of occasions. The league has 4 different members that have won state titles in the past 30 years. The league has been in theD2 final four the past 5 seasons with Badin going in 2016 & 2021, CJ with three straight from 2017-2019. Rather impressive!
Great to see this league breed success in every sport. I am very optimistic that Alter will eventually be a competitive program in 5-7 years. They continue to get more and more kids who play summer ball instead of kids who are just playing because their parents said they had to.

Rumor on the street Alter will no longer player Northwestern on Thursday for Senior Night instead will play Beavercreek

Easy there. Carroll nor Alter would be near the top of the SWBL this year. Alter just beat an injury riddled bad Brookville team 4-2 and Waynesville just torched Carroll

Last edited:
Easy there. Carroll nor Alter would be near the top of the SWBL this year. Alter just beat an injury riddled bad Brookville team 4-2 and Waynesville just torched Carroll
It appears the Knights have run ruled the top team in the SWBL. I will have to check out the squad tomorrow in Ramiltucky. Rams go for their 29th conference championship in 30 years. I believe that's the Knights 6th consecutive victory.

It appears the Knights have run ruled the top team in the SWBL. I will have to check out the squad tomorrow in Ramiltucky. Rams go for their 29th conference championship in 30 years. I believe that's the Knights 6th consecutive victory.
All correct

Also appears the Knights have a little superstition. In their past 6 wins they have worn the same uniform. I’ll put everything I own on them to wear the grey hat gold jersey and grey pants for 7 straight games. GCPRO i’m going to need you to let me know if i am correct tomorrow

Also appears the Knights have a little superstition. In their past 6 wins they have worn the same uniform. I’ll put everything I own on them to wear the grey hat gold jersey and grey pants for 7 straight games. GCPRO i’m going to need you to let me know if i am correct tomorrow
Everyone in baseball knows you never change a winning combination.

The Alter Knights are 4-0 against SWBL opponents this year. 6-0 if you count scrimmages. I would say that's good enough to be at least in the mix for the top team in the SWBL

The Alter Knights are 4-0 against SWBL opponents this year. 6-0 if you count scrimmages. I would say that's good enough to be at least in the mix for the top team in the SWBL
Alter would be in contention for second I think Eaton is the clear number 1