DIV-V Region 17

not sure if they had a first down in the second half
The Garfield broadcasters said SV ran 9 plays for -10 yards in the 3rd quarter. SV recorded a 1st down on a QB scramble on their final possession of the game. Garfield dominated time of possession in the 4th qtr.

Pretty much as I expected in the first round. Thanks to the poster who corrected me on Garfield-SV.

For the next round, Kirtland and SR are definite running clock wins. I think Garaway is a little more competitive - I'll say they win by 21. Bellaire-Garfield should be a decent game, but I think Garfield probably ends up winning by 2-3 scores.

The semifinal round should finally produce a really interesting matchup in Garaway-SR (Kirtland is going to blast Garfield/Bellaire). I still think SR wins that and I still think SR-Kirtland will be really compelling. But, Garaway's defense is definitely something that can give SR problems ahead of Kirtland.

*All due caveats -- of course the coaches are focused on the object in front of them. No one is looking ahead. Can't afford to do it. But this is a fan message board, and as fans of course we can do it. I'm sure Yeagley is focused on Crestwood -- a Crestwood team that lost to Struthers. But, I'm looking ahead to Garaway and (maybe) Kirtland.

Pretty much as I expected in the first round. Thanks to the poster who corrected me on Garfield-SV.

For the next round, Kirtland and SR are definite running clock wins. I think Garaway is a little more competitive - I'll say they win by 21. Bellaire-Garfield should be a decent game, but I think Garfield probably ends up winning by 2-3 scores.

The semifinal round should finally produce a really interesting matchup in Garaway-SR (Kirtland is going to blast Garfield/Bellaire). I still think SR wins that and I still think SR-Kirtland will be really compelling. But, Garaway's defense is definitely something that can give SR problems ahead of Kirtland.

*All due caveats -- of course the coaches are focused on the object in front of them. No one is looking ahead. Can't afford to do it. But this is a fan message board, and as fans of course we can do it. I'm sure Yeagley is focused on Crestwood -- a Crestwood team that lost to Struthers. But, I'm looking ahead to Garaway and (maybe) Kirtland.
And Struthers played one of its worst games of the year and came away with a win. SR will have no issues this week, I also do not believe garaway can slow down SR if Poland and Hubbard couldn’t

I see you all still think this is a competition. It's not. It's a formality before Kirtland wins the region and the state title. Enjoy talking amongst yourselves.

I believe Bellaire’s team speed and athletes will give Garfield problems….. this game is a toss up….I will take Bellaire 28-22…. I watched the sandy valley vs Garfield game Saturday night. Garfield seems one dimensional. Not much passing

Kirtland posters, where is their enrollment at right now? Any chance they move up or down in the near future?

Garaway is good but haven't played nearly the same level of schedule that SR has.
This seems like a slight to Garaway, but very true. Dalton & Ridgewood 2 best teams Pirates have played this year. Both VERY solid wins, but Raiders wins over Springfield, Poland & Hubbard are MUCH more impressive.

Ridgewood is pretty good. Maybe not quite as good as they've been in other recent years, but pretty good. Probably comparable to Springfield.

Hubbard and Poland are pretty good. Dalton is a nice team that probably won't get out of R25.

I still think Garaway is solid and, as noted, is really good defensively. It'll be fun to learn more about them when the SR-Garaway game becomes official. SR has played big, physical defenses and been able to hold their own at the LoS and beat them with very good team speed and skill. And they can be bulldozing physical, too.

They have not yet played a defense that, IMO, is just blazing fast -- fast enough to match SR's team speed.

So, what's your score prediction for Kirtland-SR (if they play)? Kirtland by how many? Since it's not a competiton -- like, what? Kirtland by how many? 21? 40? 60? I'm going to assume something like 49-10.

So, what's your score prediction for Kirtland-SR (if they play)? Kirtland by how many? Since it's not a competiton -- like, what? Kirtland by how many? 21? 40? 60? I'm going to assume something like 49-10.
Let's hold this for awhile. It's very likely to happen, but why talk about Christmas cookies before we've finished eating our Halloween candy?

Just wanted somethng "on record" from the dude (or anyone) who thinks Kirtland wins this in a cakewalk.

Kirtland fan here…If we get a rematch of Kirtland-South Range, I would expect it to be a very close game…South Range went head to head with Kirtland last year for 3 quarters, without Dominguez playing. Kirtland returned 5 starters while my understanding is South Range returned most starters…this could be a great matchup

This seems like a slight to Garaway, but very true. Dalton & Ridgewood 2 best teams Pirates have played this year. Both VERY solid wins, but Raiders wins over Springfield, Poland & Hubbard are MUCH more impressive.
Not a slight to anyone, just stating facts. SR has faced speed, power, jusr about every type of offense and defense. Garaway's defense won't shock them.

I believe Bellaire’s team speed and athletes will give Garfield problems….. this game is a toss up….I will take Bellaire 28-22…. I watched the sandy valley vs Garfield game Saturday night. Garfield seems one dimensional. Not much passing
I agree, looks to be a really close one here. Garfield has faced up against some decent speed and athletes this year, Labrae, JFK, Brookfield, Campbell. They have some speed of their own, especially on defense. That might not have shown up so much on the muddy mess of a field on Saturday. and yes, don't pass much, but haven't really had to this year. They will try to wear you down and control the clock.. They are not set up so much to come back from a big deficit.