DIV-V Region 17

Pirate flash is delusional as ever…garaway has 0 chance against kirtland or south range!! Better churn some butter n make some overrated cheese before it gets too cold!! Maybe Garaways head coach will have a better recruiting class next year!!
Lol heard that against Ridgewood, Kirtland yes SR maybe. So go blow it up your but.

Pirate flash is delusional as ever…garaway has 0 chance against kirtland or south range!! Better churn some butter n make some overrated cheese before it gets too cold!! Maybe Garaways head coach will have a better recruiting class next year!!
Just like Ridgewood would be Garaway by 3 Tds Right ????

What’s the cheese thing about?

edit: Nevermind, a internet search led me to the Sugarcreek Swiss Festival, where Garaway HS is.

Looking at Garaway’s results on Eitel, they certainly look pretty stout to me. They score a ton of points and don’t give up very many. Seems like a recipe for success to me ;-)

Last edited:
SR goes up 28-0 in middle of 2nd. Crestwood playing hard though. They have made some nice plays, but they got called back for a penalty.

Now 35-0. Halftime.

Last edited:
What’s the cheese thing about?

edit: Nevermind, a internet search led me to the Sugarcreek Swiss Festival, where Garaway HS is.

Looking at Garaway’s results on Eitel, they certainly look pretty stout to me. They score a ton of points and don’t give up very many. Seems like a recipe for success to me ;-)
Amish Country in general produces a lot of cheese and other fine food products. The good folks in that part of the state know how to eat well. We have friends in other states who request that we send them some cheese as Christmas gifts and whatnot. Good cheese is hard to find if that's your thing.

I'd rather talk cheese than some of these blowout games we had tonight in R17.

Kirtland is gonna roll.

I think the other game will be competitive. I’m not too sure what to make of Ridgewood and even Malvern getting blasted. But, I do think Garaway will be a challenge.

I still think we get the Kirtland-SR matchup, but it’s not a given.

Someone can check on this for me as I don’t have the time nor the effort to go through & see; but do any other regions in the state have four undefeated teams left? I’m not even sure if another region had three unbeatens to begin the tournament. Region 17 is as talented as ever.

We’re set for two slobberknockers on Saturday. Should be exciting!

Amish Country in general produces a lot of cheese and other fine food products. The good folks in that part of the state know how to eat well. We have friends in other states who request that we send them some cheese as Christmas gifts and whatnot. Good cheese is hard to find if that's your thing.

I'd rather talk cheese than some of these blowout games we had tonight in R17.
Are you calling me fat ??. Jk

I know Kirtland has D6 enrollment and CB has moved them to d5 and they have won the title the last 2 seasons in that Division as well is their any chance if they win it this season they could get moved to d4

I know Kirtland has D6 enrollment and CB has moved them to d5 and they have won the title the last 2 seasons in that Division as well is their any chance if they win it this season they could get moved to d4
No Kirtland does not have CB. They are D5 based on the 2018 enrollment figures by 3 boys. Because of COVID we don’t know where they stand but for now they are a legit D5 team.

Someone can check on this for me as I don’t have the time nor the effort to go through & see; but do any other regions in the state have four undefeated teams left? I’m not even sure if another region had three unbeatens to begin the tournament. Region 17 is as talented as ever.

We’re set for two slobberknockers on Saturday. Should be exciting!
Confirmed. Closest I could find was in D1R3 has 2 undefeated, 1 loss & 3 loss team.

When you figure that Kirtland & SR would have been 1-2 in ANY D5 region in the state and add in the top 4 teams being undefeated . . . not too shabby of a resume.

Garfield and Kirtland will battle at Perry (OH). A 25-minute ride for Kirtland & 55 minute one from Garrettsville. Doesn’t sound very neutral to me…

Garfield and Kirtland will battle at Perry (OH). A 25-minute ride for Kirtland & 55 minute one from Garrettsville. Doesn’t sound very neutral to me…
Higher seed always gets the benefit as it should, I wouldn’t be opposed to a team having home field all the way through. Rewards the higher seed like the nfl does

Dover gets to travel 66 miles as opposed to Kenston's 12 miles on Friday night for D3. It just depends on who bids to host. These two are not alone across the state I am sure.

Don’t know much at all about Garfield…can anyone provide insight?
Sandy played them round 1 in a steady rain. That being said they are a big physical team who wants to run the ball 70-75 percent of the time if not more. A lot of student body left and student body right. They won't shy away from it they line up and try to shove it down your throat. They didn't throw the ball well week 11 but that might be due to the sloppy conditions so its unfair for me to say they can't do it they just didn't do it well that night. They are physical on D, if you can contain their line you can run outside on them and use play action. If you can't good luck.

Dover gets to travel 66 miles as opposed to Kenston's 12 miles on Friday night for D3. It just depends on who bids to host. These two are not alone across the state I am sure.
Anyone in the NE district knows this pain. If you're from the south & playing a team from the greater Cleveland area just expect to bear the burden of the longer drive. As long as the higher seed gets the home team locker room it really shouldn't matter.