DIV-V Region 17

Anyone in the NE district knows this pain. If you're from the south & playing a team from the greater Cleveland area just expect to bear the burden of the longer drive. As long as the higher seed gets the home team locker room it really shouldn't matter.

Generally this is true, but in this case there were many options in between them that would have been much more neutral: Hoover, Lake, Green, Barberton, Alliance, etc. Did really none of these schools sign up to host?

Having said that, getting the home locker room and stands is nice.

Generally this is true, but in this case there were many options in between them that would have been much more neutral: Hoover, Lake, Green, Barberton, Alliance, etc. Did really none of these schools sign up to host?

Having said that, getting the home locker room and stands is nice.
Someone from Barberton mentioned on another thread that they’ve been waiting to host since they put in the new stadium but haven’t. Rumor was the school never put their name in.

One way to confirm suspicions are to see if these schools host any games later in post season.

Someone can check on this for me as I don’t have the time nor the effort to go through & see; but do any other regions in the state have four undefeated teams left? I’m not even sure if another region had three unbeatens to begin the tournament. Region 17 is as talented as ever.

We’re set for two slobberknockers on Saturday. Should be exciting!
Nope. Just looked into it this morning. D5 REG 17 is the only area with 4 unbeaten teams playing this Saturday.

Hmmmm, who do we like to win this region? Could it be ......KIRTLAND?
Could be. Of course this is the only region in state where final 4 teams are undefeated & top 3 would have been #1 in any region in the state.

But you keep wearing that Jiffy Pop container as a hat & looking in the underwear section of the 1987 JC Penny's catalog for your enjoyment. Rest of us are going to enjoy this week and then what should be an amazing Regional Final next week.

Oh yeah, He was my guidance counselor. Kirtland always had tough teams in that era.
That’s cool as hell!!! I asked my dad tonight about the guidance counselor thing. I know it’s been years but he did say yeah sounds right lol. My dad was class of 78’. My uncle and aunt who were a couple years younger also graduated from Kirtland.

Region of Doom

Last edited:
Region of Doom
Thanks for posting! You take Kirtland out of R17 and it is still an absolute gauntlet!

Along with that Region of Doom article, I saw one on Facebook about the Kirtland’s success over the past few seasons.

Certainly worth the read as there are some great team-building quotes from Tiger LaVerde for any program looking for that push forward.

Great job by The Vindicator & its writers.

Kirtland has played spoiler for MV teams

Along with that Region of Doom article, I saw one on Facebook about the Kirtland’s success over the past few seasons.

Certainly worth the read as there are some great team-building quotes from Tiger LaVerde for any program looking for that push forward.

Great job by The Vindicator & its writers.

Kirtland has played spoiler for MV teams
Saw that one too…never knew how close Kirtland was to losing Tiger…not that I ever doubted he is recruited by other schools

Oh
Thanks for posting! You take Kirtland out of R17 and it is still an absolute gauntlet!
absolutely agree. I think Kirtland's run has inspired other schools to work harder. For Kirtland, every tea they play from now on is going to treat them like it's a state championship game. If you can beat Kirtland then you can go all the way.

That’s cool as hell!!! I asked my dad tonight about the guidance counselor thing. I know it’s been years but he did say yeah sounds right lol. My dad was class of 78’. My uncle and aunt who were a couple years younger also graduated from Kirtland.
Oh cool. Yeah, when I first got to Kirtland it was bit of struggle for me. I wrecked a couple of disks in my neck my sophomore year playing football and was pretty miserable with a new school situation. He was good guy. Would pull me into his office from time to time to check in on me. The story did have a happier ending though.