Week 4: Elder vs St Edward

It's no secret that Eds has ascended above the other private school powers in recent years but instead of complaining about it Elder should follow the same blueprint. Their proximity is an advantage above Moeller as they're closer to downtown, Indiana, Covington, etc.

IMO if Elder doesn't have kids originally from three different states in a given year they're not doing everything they can. They have solid academics but not to the point where it could hinder athletics like it does at St. X. Proximity to talent is up there with anybody in the state. Elder can certainly be the SWO version of St. Eds and this could continue to be a great rivalry.

Anyone gonna actually talk about the game? Not feeling E has a legit shot in this one. Anyone have reasons E can win this game?

Anyone gonna actually talk about the game? Not feeling E has a legit shot in this one. Anyone have reasons E can win this game?
Northern Ohio All Stars 35
Elder 7

Elder is allowed to score in the 4th to prevent a turbo clock finish. There are no reasons E can win this game.

I think this game will be the deciding factor of the season (the type of dog these guys got in em)
Shoulder shoulder side by side
I have Elder winning this in a majestic shocking unbelievable comeback
With a game winning field goal
28-25

It’s going to be a blowout. There’s no reason Elder can win this game, they’re not better at a single position group compared to Eds.

Does anyone have the career matchups between Eds and Elder? I know we upset Eds a couple of yrs ago when Elder wasn't supposed to win and Elder beat them in one of the state finals games.

I don't expect Elder to win, but I would much rather beat Moe and X than Eds.

Non Ohio residents cannot play high school sports in Ohio any longer
Correct. It’s a moronic rule, especially when you realize over 1/2 the Elder student body has a longer commute than kids from Ft Thomas, but still a rule.

There’s probably about 100 or so D1 schools in Ohio. Elder has more talent year in and year out than maybe a couple schools in the state. They draw athletes from more school districts than all but a handful of schools in the state. Almost every coach in the state would love to have Elders talent, facilties, tradition and fan support. Elder and catholic schools have had a huge advantage and played by different rules for decades so your self pity is pitiful and doesn’t represent most alumni. Sack up and take on anyone

There’s probably about 100 or so D1 schools in Ohio. Elder has more talent year in and year out than maybe a couple schools in the state. They draw athletes from more school districts than all but a handful of schools in the state. Almost every coach in the state would love to have Elders talent, facilties, tradition and fan support. Elder and catholic schools have had a huge advantage and played by different rules for decades so your self pity is pitiful and doesn’t represent most alumni. Sack up and take on anyone
I cannot emphasize this entire sentiment enough. Go spend time at nearly any other Cincinnati area high school and you'll find out very quickly how lucky schools like Elder have it when it comes to athletics.

I understand Elder isn’t going to compete for a Title every yr, but I don’t subscribe to being Ed’s whipping boy just bc they have things better than most schools.

Eds approach is very shady and if nobody calls them out, then you’ll have the complete void of competitive football you see in LA.
If you truly feel this way about Ed's, I don't think whining on an anonymous message board will help. Complain to the OHSAA, complain to the BOE; DO something and shut up whining about it if it means that much to you.

And you do realize that there's probably a laundry list of schools who won't play Elder because they don't wanna be Elder's whipping boys? Harbin points/playoff readiness almost certainly factor in, but there's probably very good reason that, outside of the GCL, there hasn't been much local flavor on the schedule for years. Elder very much plays a national schedule and has for awhile, so they're not that different. Look at the other westside high schools' football schedules; almost all relatively local.

Again, for all the fans who don’t want Elder to stoop to the level of recruiting, explain to me why they should keep playing a school every yr, that does. Make it make sense other than they just have no other option.

Why are so many Elder fans willing to eat the s**t sandwich Eds shoved in their mouth and act like it’s a point of pride?
You answered your own question.

If you truly feel this way about Ed's, I don't think whining on an anonymous message board will help. Complain to the OHSAA, complain to the BOE; DO something and shut up whining about it if it means that much to you.

And you do realize that there's probably a laundry list of schools who won't play Elder because they don't wanna be Elder's whipping boys? Harbin points/playoff readiness almost certainly factor in, but there's probably very good reason that, outside of the GCL, there hasn't been much local flavor on the schedule for years. Elder very much plays a national schedule and has for awhile, so they're not that different. Look at the other westside high schools' football schedules; almost all relatively local.
This is not a national schedule, it’s regional. Look at Gorman or IMG, those are national schedules. I say boycott Eds in the state and make them play that type of schedule. Again, they want to be like those “schools”, if you can call them that, they should play them.

It's no secret that Eds has ascended above the other private school powers in recent years but instead of complaining about it Elder should follow the same blueprint. Their proximity is an advantage above Moeller as they're closer to downtown, Indiana, Covington, etc.

IMO if Elder doesn't have kids originally from three different states in a given year they're not doing everything they can. They have solid academics but not to the point where it could hinder athletics like it does at St. X. Proximity to talent is up there with anybody in the state. Elder can certainly be the SWO version of St. Eds and this could continue to be a great rivalry.
That wouldn't help the football program because those kids from other states would be ineligible, but fair point in their location. I agree to an extent they should be using their location as a positive and really we've started seeing this over the past few years. Most people want to use their location as a negative.

Take on anyone who plays by the same rules? Don’t be a sucker playing a rigged game. Again, there’s no pride in being a punching bag, sack up and call Eds out on their bulls**t
This is not a national schedule, it’s regional. Look at Gorman or IMG, those are national schedules. I say boycott Eds in the state and make them play that type of schedule. Again, they want to be like those “schools”, if you can call them that, they should play them.
Elder has had athletes in the past and recently, including football pllayers from Kentucky and Indiana. We get kids on our rosters from 5-7 different school districts every year. We play a big boy schedule as we should!
Don’t be a sissy

Elder has had athletes in the past and recently, including football pllayers from Kentucky and Indiana. We get kids on our rosters from 5-7 different school districts every year. We play a big boy schedule as we should!
Don’t be a sissy
They never took in 2 high profile transfers the last minute. No, Eds is dirty and it’s time to end the series, if they can find a suitable replacement

If I recall, the kid’s dad worked for the Browns. He also transferred from a Jesuit HS in Oregon, so that’s why Ignatius took him.
He also transferred in during his junior year and spent 3 full semesters at Ignatius.

They never took in 2 high profile transfers the last minute. No, Eds is dirty and it’s time to end the series, if they can find a suitable replacement
Omar Omar Omar - Once again you continue to get on the right path for a brief moment then fall off like you always do. Playing Ed's is not an issue and never has been for our kids. They find a way to survive on the field and typically even over achieve because they have the same whinny woo is me attitude that you have had since you left Elder. You over think it and the boys want to play Ed's and always will even if it means the outcome isn't what we expect. They got dudes, so what! We got dudes that don't know any better and really they don't care who they play. Honestly there isn't a person on this forum that cant say otherwise who actually played football at Elder. Keep your fight and focus on the OSHAA on making changes without the help of the kids who participate in the sport. Elder isn't the only team in the city playing a tough schedule with Ed's on it and they aren't complaining about it.

I like this Elder team and think they’re tough….but Eds is certainly not a team you can run QB draw after QB draw against….Eds will win by 2-3 TDs. Defense should hang tough for a bit.

I think this game will be the deciding factor of the season (the type of dog these guys got in em)
Shoulder shoulder side by side
I have Elder winning this in a majestic shocking unbelievable comeback
With a game winning field goal
28-25
Your miracle will be more amazing. Our place kicker is a member of the Soccer team and they play Oak Hills at 3 on Saturday. He will not be at the football game. He is committed to playing Soccer first in this situation.

Well that sucks, but I totally get it.

Perhaps the kid can arrive for the second half...and show up in time to kick that winning field goal ;)

I was going to enjoy a meaningful discussion about this game but had to filter through almost three pages of total b*tching by Omar. Tiring.

The only thing I really know about Ed's is there offensive line is massive. They are the size of D1 college offensive lines. Elder has their work cut out for them to stop St. Ed's run game. The one good thing for Elder is Ed's lost their 2 stud defensive ends that gave teams a ton of pressure last season. As Omar has so kindly let everyone know, they solved that problem 2 weeks before the season with a stud transfer at defensive end.