Week 4: Elder vs St Edward

I do not think it is wise for Elder to continue this series.Reasons:
Cincy has 3 Catholic Division 1 football schools
Cleveland, twice as large, has 2. And for some reason St. Ignatius football is in a free fall.
Open enrollment benefits Ed’s but kids who live 20 minutes away in Northern Ky are not permitted to play sports in Ohio/ Elder. I know Ed’s has big lake to the north but Northern Ky cities when combined are actually larger than Cincinnati. open enrollment here is more competitive than Cleveland.
Elder fans do not travel well to Cleveland for a Saturday afternoon game. The Saturday afternoon game at the pit is Elder’s poorest attended game of the season. High school football should be played on Friday nights. Too many things in competition around here on a Saturday.
Eds is becoming a National powerhouse. As Doublehelix will tell you, Elder is not about that.
I wish Ed’s all the success they aspire for but this is no longer a good fit for Elder with great games for our parents and fans can got to only two hours away in Indy, L’vlle or Cbus.
playing Ed’s in the State Championship every few years would be motivation enough for Elder to look forward to an Ed’s game.
Wow, how weak to not wanna play Eds. Wonder if we stopped playing moeller back in the early 80s? You guys complain for yrs about public schools afraid of Elder, now you wanna back down to Eds?

Wow, how weak to not wanna play Eds. Wonder if we stopped playing moeller back in the early 80s? You guys complain for yrs about public schools afraid of Elder, now you wanna back down to Eds?
Elder is adamant about following the rules, why should they continue to schedule a school that isn’t in alignment with those same values? They’re not a GCL team, they don’t need to schedule them.

When Elder starts to behave like Eds, then I’ll understand why public schools will not schedule them.

I forgot, who hands out the tough man trophy? When’s that ceremony? So sick of that lame mentality. There’s no honor in continuing to get your teeth kicked in by a team that cheats.

Elder is adamant about following the rules, why should they continue to schedule a school that isn’t in alignment with those same values? They’re not a GCL team, they don’t need to schedule them.

When Elder starts to behave like Eds, then I’ll understand why public schools will not schedule them.
What rules? You wouldn’t have a problem and nobody would if they were an average team. You and many others ridiculed local public schools for years who refused to play Elder or other GCL schools. Even though Elder played by different rules than the publics and would have kids from 5 different school districts on their roster. Sack up and play Eds. I mean it’s embarrassing

What rules? You wouldn’t have a problem and nobody would if they were an average team. You and many others ridiculed local public schools for years who refused to play Elder or other GCL schools. Even though Elder played by different rules than the publics and would have kids from 5 different school districts on their roster. Sack up and play Eds. I mean it’s embarrassing
Elder isn’t bringing in transfers 2 weeks before school and acting like it’s NBD. Sack up and play the school that has no ethics and actively breaks the rules? That’s smart. Getting your teeth kicked in repeatedly is nothing to be proud of.

Can’t wait to see that Tough Guy Trophy in the Trophy case.

Elder isn’t bringing in transfers 2 weeks before school and acting like it’s NBD. Sack up and play the school that has no ethics and actively breaks the rules? That’s smart. Can’t wait to see that Tough Guy Trophy in the Trophy case.
So they get a kid two weeks before school? Whats the problem? Two weeks, two months? At birth with an purple onesy?

So they get a kid two weeks before school? Whats the problem? Two weeks, two months? At birth with a purple onesy?
It’s clear they bent the rules to get him in. If he wasn’t a stud football player, they wouldn’t have lifted a finger. Also, apparently you can transfer from public to private schools with no issues if it’s St Eds.

Let’s also not ignore Thomas won’t be at Eds more than 3 months since he’s graduating early. But whatever I’m sure it’s totally legit and something they’d do for any kid.

Nobody in the Trinity league called out MD & Bosco when they started with their bs and now look at them. That’s what you’re going to have if you don’t step and call out Eds.

Then again, we can always count on the Tough Guy trophies. Schedule IMG, MD, Bosco, Gorman, Aquinas, St Frances. That’s a guaranteed Tough Guy National Championship.

Nobody in the Trinity league called out MD & Bosco when they started with their bs and now look at them. That’s what you’re going to have if you don’t step and call out Eds.
Eds and Elder aren’t private anymore, they are semi private slowing morphing into public

Can a moderator please move Omar’s whiny posts on this thread along with the St Ed’s posters responding to those whiny posts to a new thread so rational people might possibly discuss this weeks game. Omar and his constant whining do not represent Elder fans, in fact the majority of us on here are embarrassed by his constant whining.

Can a moderator please move Omar’s whiny posts on this thread along with the St Ed’s posters responding to those whiny posts to a new thread so rational people might possibly discuss this weeks game. Omar and his constant whining do not represent Elder fans, in fact the majority of us on here are embarrassed by his constant whining.
Why? I’m calling them out for their bs. What they’re doing is complete garbage but idiots like you are fine just sitting around letting them do whatever they want. If HS sports are not a big deal, why does Eds feel the need to cheat?

Again, I need VOR or one of the other people in favor of continuing this dumb series, to explain to me their logic. You don’t want Elder doing sketchy stuff like recruiting or taking in transfers strictly for sports, but you want to keep playing Eds who has built their entire program off these practices. That line of thinking doesn’t make sense.

Wow how do my friends at Elder put up with this Omar dude? Difficult to have meaningful discussion. I would recommend a regular poster or two to volunteer to Yappi to be made a moderator on this forum. Might be able to clean up the trash a bit better with a few extra moderators.

If the football series with St Edward does end, I hope they will at least consider fill-in games here and there when the teams have matching open dates.

The Elder forum has become almost unreadable with our two clowns that constantly derail every discussion.

However, I would be in favor of ending this series and only play it occasionally. It’s poorly attended, one-sided and always way too hot to play.

Your program operates in a shady manner but you want to come in here and be embraced, like this is a friendly game? No.
Maybe the OHSAA should hire you because you seem to know more than them and the shady dealings of St Edward. You keep crying about the same 2 players , obsessing over them yet the OHSAA said it’s all good. Maybe write them a letter.

If the football series with St Edward does end, I hope they will at least consider fill-in games here and there when the teams have matching open dates.

This series is not ending any time soon.

The only way I would think this series would ever end is if the OHSAA went back to 8 teams per region for playoffs. Elder would have to rethink the series if they were losing too much in order to make the playoffs in a top 8 format. However, we know the OHSAA will never go back to that, because of the money they are bringing in every year from the expanded playoffs.

For Elder players, this is the game you want on your schedule. St. Ed's is the 2 time defending state champions. Elder's goal is to win a state championship this year. You got to test yourself against the best, and there is no better way to do that than play nationally ranked St. Edward at home.
Why? They always lose. And again, if Elder is so hell bent on following the rules, why are they playing Eds unless there’s literally no other decent option.

Facing St. Ed's at home
1996 Won 23-7
2005 Lost 34-17
2008 Won 52-31
2010 Lost 20-3 (Ed's won state)
2012 Lost 42-28
2014 Won 21-14 (Ed's won state)
2016 Won 15-9
2018 Lost 36-30 (Ed's won state)
2021 Lost 48-14 (Ed's won state)

Facing St. Ed's on the road
1997 Won 35-28 3OT at Lakewood
2007 lost 10-7
2009 Won 38-14 at Lakewood
2011 lost 30-10 at Fairview
2013 lost 48-7 at John Carroll
2015 lost 31-20 at Baldwin-Wallace (Ed's won state)
2017 lost 40-7 at Bedford HS
2019 lost 42-25 at Highland's North Gateway Tire Field
2022 lost 17-14 at Lakewood (Ed's won state)

State Championship Game
2003 Elder 31 St. Edward 7

Why? They always lose. And again, if Elder is so hell bent on following the rules, why are they playing Eds unless there’s literally no other decent option.

Elder is not judge/jury. OHSAA is. St. Ed's is Division 1 in Ohio and eligible for the state playoffs. You can't run and hide from them.

Maybe the OHSAA should hire you because you seem to know more than them and the shady dealings of St Edward. You keep crying about the same 2 players , obsessing over them yet the OHSAA said it’s all good. Maybe write them a letter.
Maybe bc the OHSAA only applies the rules when they want to. Again, tell me with a straight face Eds would jump through the same hoops to get a non football start into school 2 weeks before classes.

Elder is not judge/jury. OHSAA is. St. Ed's is Division 1 in Ohio and eligible for the state playoffs. You can't run and hide from them.
You can agree not to schedule them. Make them play a national schedule, let them get beat up playing MD or Bosco, then see if they can still win a title.

Again, for all the fans who don’t want Elder to stoop to the level of recruiting, explain to me why they should keep playing a school every yr, that does. Make it make sense other than they just have no other option.

Why are so many Elder fans willing to eat the s**t sandwich Eds shoved in their mouth and act like it’s a point of pride?

Last edited:
Again, for all the fans who don’t want Elder to stoop to the level of recruiting, explain to me why they should keep playing a school every yr, that does. Make it make sense other than they just have no other option.

Why are so many Elder fans willing to eat the s**t sandwich Eds shoved in their mouth and act like it’s a point of pride?
Again I know it’s hard to comprehend but they have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the OHSAA…… go ask Colorado and Dion Sanders if they should feel sorry for winning and playing by the system……

no one feels sorry for Elder and how they get kids. Moe literally had kids from 3 states playing for them in some yrs , glenville kids gets from the entire Cleveland school system and the ginn academy, Springfield has had more then a handful on transfers in the last 3 yrs , it’s been going on forever at Massillon. Ignatius had the voucher system before Ed’s did being they are in the city of Cleveland.

Again I know it’s hard to comprehend but they have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the OHSAA…… go ask Colorado and Dion Sanders if they should feel sorry for winning and playing by the system……

no one feels sorry for Elder and how they get kids. Moe literally had kids from 3 states playing for them in some yrs , glenville kids gets from the entire Cleveland school system and the ginn academy, Springfield has had more then a handful on transfers in the last 3 yrs , it’s been going on forever at Massillon. Ignatius had the voucher system before Ed’s did being they are in the city of Cleveland.
Sounds like this is exactly why the series should end. And if Moe has kids from difft states, that’s directly against the rules. Not surprised you’re dumb a** didn’t know that.

Omar,
Put the phone down. Go for a walk. Watch a movie. Give yourself a break.

It's just high school football.
If it’s “just high school football” why does one school feel the need to resort to shady tactics? All of you guys say you don’t want Elder to stoop to their level, but you kiss their a** during the week leading up to the game.

You can’t have it both ways. You don’t get to preach about how Elder doesn’t resort to nefarious levels but then act buddy buddy with a school that does.