Walsh Jesuit Schedule is toughest in ohio

Graham's schedule is possibly just as tough as Walsh's. Wow.

AjmBaseball1, you willing to bet that almost all of Chanel's team would do well at Ironman is an absolute absurdity. They have a couple of kids that could do reasonably well but if they competed in this tournament i wouldn't be surprised if none of their kids placed. Of course, this is all theoretical because they aren't going to be there but in all seriousness, the Ironman is the best tournament in the country and Assad and Walters would be the only two with a shot at placing at that tournament.

There is a point at which a coach has to realize what is best for the team and some of his young guns, and even some of the more experienced kids, would get totaly demoralized at that tournament.

No one called Grahams schedule a cake walk...

Im just saying Walsh's is the toughest in the state and this program is doing the right things to prepare their kids for the State tournament and possible college careers.

An absolute absurdity? Youre blacked out. Chanel would place 2-3 kids and i doubt more than 2-3 wrestlers would go 0-2. All the Chanel supporters say they have a better team than CVCA yet they are at ironman. Oh and by the way CVCA will only have 2-3 placers.

An absolute absurdity? Youre blacked out. Chanel would place 2-3 kids and i doubt more than 2-3 wrestlers would go 0-2. All the Chanel supporters say they have a better team than CVCA yet they are at ironman. Oh and by the way CVCA will only have 2-3 placers.

Keep living in a fantasy world if you want to do so i stick by my assertions. I think Chanel has a great team. Are they better than CVCA? It's hard to say right now but i would give the nod to CVCA. Either way, i don't see CVCA having more than 3 placers and i wouldn't see Chanel having anymore than that if they were in the tournament. The Ironman is a tournament in which a multitude of state placers don't even come close to placing at times.

You make no sense? How is going to the best tourney in the country and placing 3 wrestlers bad? When the rest of your lineup wrestles the bast talent anywhere? Enjoy the comet classic, itll payoff in the long run.

You make no sense? How is going to the best tourney in the country and placing 3 wrestlers bad? When the rest of your lineup wrestles the bast talent anywhere? Enjoy the comet classic, itll payoff in the long run.

I never said it was bad, it would be great...for those three wrestlers. I was just pointing out that you saying, "Im willing to bet almost every wrestler in Chanels lineup this year would do fairly well at the ironman" is off base. Plain and simple.

Either way, i have no dog in the race so don't try to associate me with Chanel. I am just objectively looking at the teams and comments made by you and disagree with your assertions.

Youre crazy. Again most of chanels lineup would do fairly well. Fairly well in my opinion is winning a couple of matches or placing. All im saying is theyd be better off going to the ironman.

There is no need to put down Chanel's schedule. The Firebirds will get sufficient test throughout the schedule.

Solon, Brecksville, and CIT are credible tournaments that will provide appropriate test to wrestlers in a balance of the schedule. They also have a credible slate of dual meet opponents.

I don't think Chanel has the ANCHOR wrestlers that it takes to place more than two (maybe a third) at the Ironman. However, this is a program that placed SEVEN at Brecksville last year and won the CIT. They are more of a volume scoring team and will need all their scoring potential to come through for a state title.

Is the CVCA schedule slightly tougher? Yes.

I don't think that either team is adversely affected by their schedule. I do think though that there are teams which will get exposed due to a lack of schedule. Neither of these two teams will.

By national elite standards, I would say the Graham schedule is kind of soft.

Walsh has a very good schedule. Would I call it the best in Ohio - maybe.

There is no need to put down Chanel's schedule. The Firebirds will get sufficient test throughout the schedule.

Solon, Brecksville, and CIT are credible tournaments that will provide appropriate test to wrestlers in a balance of the schedule. They also have a credible slate of dual meet opponents.

I don't think Chanel has the ANCHOR wrestlers that it takes to place more than two (maybe a third) at the Ironman. However, this is a program that placed SEVEN at Brecksville last year and won the CIT. They are more of a volume scoring team and will need all their scoring potential to come through for a state title.

Is the CVCA schedule slightly tougher? Yes.

I don't think that either team is adversely affected by their schedule. I do think though that there are teams which will get exposed due to a lack of schedule. Neither of these two teams will.

Walsh has a very good schedule. Would I call it the best in Ohio - maybe.

Well said.

Damn straight. Nixing Lowell, Perry, and Moeller was lame. JJ is all about home meets, but he won't/can't travel. Look for the WV team scheduled this year to be nix'd next year. Graham's got one more (mild) year on the big stage, and then, barring transfers at the upper weights, there's nothing in the pipe.

How can that be? Is the bloom off the rose?

If Jeff was allowed to take his team to Apple Valley he would... Yes they are 'hosting' some of the the bigones, but ALL duals are home and home. as far as nothing left in the pipe.. keep smoking yours. They may have a couple down years but name a team that doesn't? (down as in only 4-5 state champs)

There are so many wrestlers who never get to wrestle the best in their states or country because of the lack of support and scheduling to do so. Young men who could be great wrestlers become good wrestlers because they are not afforded the opportunity to compete at the elite tournaments. For every team listed on this thread, they are to be commended!

There are many wrestlers who desire the opportunity to compete at the IRONMAN, POWERADE, and other national top tournaments who never get that opportunity. Then when they get to Sectionals and States they are not remotely prepared for the wrestling talent they encounter. So kudos to Eds, Graham, CVCA, Channel, Moeller, Walsh and other programs who do get this opportunity. Please don't take it for granted because there are many wrestlers who would love these opportunities to compete and will never get to do so.

Good Luck and God Speed to all.

There are so many wrestlers who never get to wrestle the best in their states or country because of the lack of support and scheduling to do so. Young men who could be great wrestlers become good wrestlers because they are not afforded the opportunity to compete at the elite tournaments. For every team listed on this thread, they are to be commended!

There are many wrestlers who desire the opportunity to compete at the IRONMAN, POWERADE, and other national top tournaments who never get that opportunity. Then when they get to Sectionals and States they are not remotely prepared for the wrestling talent they encounter. So kudos to Eds, Graham, CVCA, Channel, Moeller, Walsh and other programs who do get this opportunity. Please don't take it for granted because there are many wrestlers who would love these opportunities to compete and will never get to do so.

Good Luck and God Speed to all.

You=Preacher Me=Choir

CVCA Schedule:

12/2: preview @ CVCA VS Medina Highland

12/4: vs St.Edwards & Marist IL. @ CVCA

12/10: Ironman Tournament @ Walsh Jesuit

12/17: vs Walsh Jesuit @ CVCA

12/22: @ Jackson Milton

12/28: @ Medina Invitational

1/12: @ Field / Painsville Riverside/ Crestwood

1/14: @ Top Gun

1/26: vs Kenston @ CVCA

1/28: @ West Virginia Duals in Parkersburg WVA.

2/5: vs Amherst Steele @ Cleveland State U

2/12: PAC Tourament @ Tuslaw HS

Walsh Jesuit has the toughest Schedule, this one is likrly the toughest D3 Schedule.

I have heard that this may be moved to Eds, when will it be determined if this event is movede from cvca to eds. I don't see why cvca would allow it to be moved at all. Sometimes cvca is too nice about this. Keep it at cvca and the eds folks can do what they need to for the football game after its over.

I have heard that this may be moved to Eds, when will it be determined if this event is movede from cvca to eds. I don't see why cvca would allow it to be moved at all. Sometimes cvca is too nice about this. Keep it at cvca and the eds folks can do what they need to for the football game after its over.

The location will move if St.Eds makes the State Finals. They have buses to the game scheduled to depart from the school that afternoon. Several of the wrestlers plan on riding to te game. For safety alone it is necessary. It's the right thing to do. Next year, they will return to CVCA.

Damn straight. Nixing Lowell, Perry, and Moeller was lame. JJ is all about home meets, but he won't/can't travel. Look for the WV team scheduled this year to be nix'd next year. Graham's got one more (mild) year on the big stage, and then, barring transfers at the upper weights, there's nothing in the pipe.

How can that be? Is the bloom off the rose?

They are going to New Jersey.

Ed's would do the same for CVCA if roles were reversed. The only people who'll be there is family and friends anyway, what's the big deal.

Ed's would do the same for CVCA if roles were reversed. The only people who'll be there is family and friends anyway, what's the big deal.

I totally agree, the change will allow the Ed's wrestlers to compete, and then get on the buses and head to the State Final Championship Game. I spoke with the Head Coach last night at our Football Awards, and we both wish this was our problem. If they make the finals, and I certainly think they will, the dual will likely start early morning at Ed's. Do I wish it were at CVCA? yes, but I have no problem with this, I will drive to Lakewood and watch a great tri match.

Why would you not make the change? It is a great dual on the CVCA Schedule. You don't ruin realationships over being selfish, and stupid.

I heard Ed's is willing to come to CVCA back to back the next couple of seasons. That in itself tells you the respect St. Eds has for the CVCA program knowing we are on the schedule.

This is no surprise....both programs always show a lot of class. I hope this dual continues, but wouldn't it be great if (in the future) Walsh was included.
What a quad with Eds, CVCA, Walsh, and a big gun from out of State.

This is no surprise....both programs always show a lot of class. I hope this dual continues, but wouldn't it be great if (in the future) Walsh was included.
What a quad with Eds, CVCA, Walsh, and a big gun from out of State.

Walsh Jesuit is wrestling St. Edward two days before CVCA this season.

I was at WJ when both Head Coaches two years ago after the Ironman shook hands and started the Dual. Coach Barger, and Coach Lorence agreed to alternate the Location, began at WJ last season. They want this to remain just a head to head dual. Focusing on bringing in the Students to support the Teams at the Dual. A backyard match up. No buses needed.

The Quad included Padua Franciscan last year, and was at Ed's. This year, Padua dropped out for some reason, and it is now a tri.

I totally agree, the change will allow the Ed's wrestlers to compete, and then get on the buses and head to the State Final Championship Game. I spoke with the Head Coach last night at our Football Awards, and we both wish this was our problem. If they make the finals, and I certainly think they will, the dual will likely start early morning at Ed's. Do I wish it were at CVCA? yes, but I have no problem with this, I will drive to Lakewood and watch a great tri match.

Why would you not make the change? It is a great dual on the CVCA Schedule. You don't ruin realationships over being selfish, and stupid.

I heard Ed's is willing to come to CVCA back to back the next couple of seasons. That in itself tells you the respect St. Eds has for the CVCA program knowing we are on the schedule.

Your not being selfish or stupid when you ask someone to honor the arrangments that the athletic departments have already made:shrug: . I think if you ask the wrestlers they will tell you how important they thought is was to have Eds come into their gym. You dont think it matters to them that it was going to be in their house? The gym at CVCA was going to be rocking for that match and to me that matters, and I bet it matters to the CVCA wrestlers in fact, I know it matters to the ones I talked to. You can call me selfish and stupid but those kids at CVCA deserve that match to be in their gym. CVCA is 45 minutes from Eds if that, those kids from Eds can shower at CVCA get on the bus and actually be closer to the state championship game leaving from CVCA than Lakewood.

Aside from this I love the program at CVCA and will be supporting you like crazy this season and many to come.

Your not being selfish or stupid when you ask someone to honor the arrangments that the athletic departments have already made:shrug: . I think if you ask the wrestlers they will tell you how important they thought is was to have Eds come into their gym. You dont think it matters to them that it was going to be in their house? The gym at CVCA was going to be rocking for that match and to me that matters, and I bet it matters to the CVCA wrestlers in fact, I know it matters to the ones I talked to. You can call me selfish and stupid but those kids at CVCA deserve that match to be in their gym. CVCA is 45 minutes from Eds if that, those kids from Eds can shower at CVCA get on the bus and actually be closer to the state championship game leaving from CVCA than Lakewood.

Aside from this I love the program at CVCA and will be supporting you like crazy this season and many to come.

Maybe your in the wrong field,

or not, but way to dodge the points I made. Good luck this season and see you at the matches.

Didn't get to finish my points:

1. The Ed's Administration requested the change, they are giving the gate to CVCA. It's that important to them.

2. I doubt seriously CVCA Wrestler's are making that big of a deal about where this dual takes place, CVCA is used to only one home match a year. They are focused on hydration testing and certifications today.

3. CVCA says no, you must come here Saturday,we want a packed gym, we have a bonding contract.
That works real well for future relationships and matches.

Please in the future, don't substitute your own opinion with that of the CVCA Wrestler's. I'm willing to bet they all understand, and are ok with this change.

I hardly call honiring a special request to move the match being soft, I think it is more like being reasonable.

I