St Ignatius Football 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stow might win if they had their QB. They have a very big and talented OL and a very good RB, but you can't line up in I formation and think you are going to run all over Ignatius with no passing threat.

Now if this QB can come back, that could really mess with Ignatius. I am sure they are going to prepare for a heavy running attack.

Consider this one. It's slightly more entertaining then listening to Matt Foley Motivational Speaker yelling1st down........although that is entertaining the 1st couple times you hear it. Good Luck.

Sorry, but that has to be the most annoying PA announcer I've ever heard.

Consider this one. It's slightly more entertaining then listening to Matt Foley Motivational Speaker yelling1st down........although that is entertaining the 1st couple times you hear it. Good Luck.
That is 100% the correct analogy. I could never sit in person and listen to that for a couple hours

I have a hard time thinking Stow will be able to just line up and run the ball at Ignatius. It is strength vs. strength. I'll take Iggy's defense. They are way more battle tested. And that is not even close. I hope Stow will have Bainbridge back. That would allow them to put it up more. They are going to need to be able to throw it to have a chance in this game. That could be the difference.

I have a hard time thinking Stow will be able to just line up and run the ball at Ignatius. It is strength vs. strength. I'll take Iggy's defense. They are way more battle tested. And that is not even close. I hope Stow will have Bainbridge back. That would allow them to put it up more. They are going to need to be able to throw it to have a chance in this game. That could be the difference.
Bainbridge is out for the year. Shoulder injury unfortunately. Stow lost all their experienced talent at WR they were loaded with the last 3 years, and Bainbridge was struggling a little bit with no one to throw to, and many fans were getting frustrated because the coach was trying to run the same offense with different strengths. This is a power team all the way, although their RB is pretty fast and breaks a lot of long gains.
Disagree with the battle tested. Hudson, Medina, Solon, Barberton, etc...played a pretty good schedule.

On defense, Stow is tough to run on, but I think I can throw on them. Young inexperienced secondary.

Bainbridge is out for the year. Shoulder injury unfortunately. Stow lost all their experienced talent at WR they were loaded with the last 3 years, and Bainbridge was struggling a little bit with no one to throw to, and many fans were getting frustrated because the coach was trying to run the same offense with different strengths. This is a power team all the way, although their RB is pretty fast and breaks a lot of long gains.
Disagree with the battle tested. Hudson, Medina, Solon, Barberton, etc...played a pretty good schedule.

On defense, Stow is tough to run on, but I think I can throw on them. Young inexperienced secondary.
I shouldn't say they aren't battle tested because that is a really good schedule. I guess I was looking at it and comparing to Ignatius' schedule of Hoban, St. Ed's, St X, Moeller , Springfield, Mentor. That is brutal and truly D1 powers compared to the Stow schedule. Honestly, no disrespect to Stow's schedule was my intention. But there is a difference.

I shouldn't say they aren't battle tested because that is a really good schedule. I guess I was looking at it and comparing to Ignatius' schedule of Hoban, St. Ed's, St X, Moeller , Springfield, Mentor. That is brutal and truly D1 powers compared to the Stow schedule. Honestly, no disrespect to Stow's schedule was my intention. But there is a difference.
Just a bit of a difference in schedule. Stow's league is a DII league. The only real comparison on Stow's schedule is Medina. Iggy played 6 Medina's or better. I do think Stow can have success though. They have good tough players. If they can grind out 1st downs and not turn the ball over it'll be a good game.

If Ignatius has a weakness it is the play of their defensive backfield. In addition, two of Ignatius’ starting DBs may be out. If the Stow QB is out and they have to run the ball, I’d give the edge to Ignatius.

L
Pro-tip---if at all possible, try to be early to leave Stow's stadium. It can be a nightmare getting out of the parking lot after a game.
Lets hope every stadium gets better crowds than last week. They should, it looks like better weather and now the match-ups are better.

From cleveland.com:

No. 6 St. Ignatius (7-4) at No. 3 Stow (9-2): For Stow to play Cleveland Heights or Medina — which beat it 38-27 earlier this season — in the next round, it must get past St. Ignatius without senior quarterback Owen Bainbridge. Senior running back Xavier Preston ran for 176 yards and thee TDs to beat Canton GlenOak last week. That run game is how Stow can survive and advance, but that’s also the Wildcats’ style at this point of the season. They also have suffered bumps to their starting quarterback, but Joey Pfaff was back behind center last week for a 35-32 win against Mentor. He sat out a Week 10 win against Clarkson (Canada) Football North after returning from injury for a 28-21 win against defending state champion Cincinnati St. Xavier in Week 9. This regional quarterfinal could be a grind-it-out matchup, considering the Wildcats ran seniors Marty Lenehan and Joey Georges last week for a combined 252 yards and three TDs.

Stow played 3 teams better than Mentor, but Stow only played one team (Medina) that is truly comparable to the first 4 teams you mentioned, the Catholic school powers. That IS brutal! I know nothing about Springfield.

I see a low scoring game. With both teams pretty much run-oriented, it will take some time getting down the field and there will be more time-consuming drives.

Stow's RB Preston is impressive on film. Their lines look solid too. The Ignatius defense will have another challenge this week.

If you're 8-2 in this region, you must be very good.
Yes, You, CatAlum and Lou Holtz. Are you kidding me? Stow? Really?

Look, you're the Evil Empire, but an Empire you are, so its going to take a lot more than Stow to successfully storm the Bastille Saint-Antoine at 1911 W. 30th.

Yes, You, CatAlum and Lou Holtz. Are you kidding me? Stow? Really?

Look, you're the Evil Empire, but an Empire you are, so its going to take a lot more than Stow to successfully storm the Bastille Saint-Antoine at 1911 W. 30th.

You make it sound as if Stow were the Little Sisters of the Poor ( who had their most competitive years in the 80's, led by Sister Mary Parousia). No, when you have an 8-2 record with a formidable running attack and blockers, you must be respected. I am sure the coaches and players understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.