St Ignatius Football 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Cats secondary can hold Medina's QB to less than 300 yards passing in the first half, Ignatius might have the chance to pull the upset.
Have seen Iggy several times this year. I think they are playing really good ball right now. I wouldn't go to sleep on them if I was Medina.

Iggy is very well equipped for this game with the schedule they play and Medina is 1dimensional although they are very good at it.Must pressure the QB and be disciplined in pass rush lanes.If Iggy controls tempo there is no doubt they can win this game.. limit yards after catch and control the ball.Should be a great game.Agree with Wildcat 97 a one score game.

Iggy is very well equipped for this game with the schedule they play and Medina is 1dimensional although they are very good at it.Must pressure the QB and be disciplined in pass rush lanes.If Iggy controls tempo there is no doubt they can win this game.. limit yards after catch and control the ball.Should be a great game.Agree with Wildcat 97 a one score game.
Agree that QB pressure is a key. When the Bulldogs were having their passing success in the 2nd half, the Cats were getting no pressure on the QB. Stow O-line did a good job protecting him. Cats D will have to do a better job against Medina if they hope to win.

Agree that QB pressure is a key. When the Bulldogs were having their passing success in the 2nd half, the Cats were getting no pressure on the QB. Stow O-line did a good job protecting him. Cats D will have to do a better job against Medina if they hope to win.
Agree. I will point out that the Cats were without Taliak, Mangan, and Pike. (The 3 best secondary guys) By the way, I am not giving up secrets here. Ignatius mentioned these players in the Stow preview on the website.

Ignatius has to avoid turnovers and control the clock. Pfaff has to play his best football as well. He made some good throws against Stow but when pressured it was the opposite.

Agree. I will point out that the Cats were without Taliak, Mangan, and Pike. (The 3 best secondary guys) By the way, I am not giving up secrets here. Ignatius mentioned these players in the Stow preview on the website.

Ignatius has to avoid turnovers and control the clock. Pfaff has to play his best football as well. He made some good throws against Stow but when pressured it was the opposite.

Agree on both points.

Taliak returning for this coming Friday night is very important as he's the leader and best defensive secondary player.
I would say that Mangan's and Pike's replacements - Webster (jr) and Martin (soph) - bring more athleticism and speed to the defensive secondary and also have greater upsides. What they lack is varsity game experience - Webster was out due to injury until late in the season and Martin has not played defense at all this year until week 11's Mentor game (filling in for Mangan when he was hurt during the game) and the Stow game. The more reps they get, they better their performance shall be.
Against Medina's spread offense, the Wildcats need all their DBs to be healthy - Taliak, Norris, Spellacy, Mangan, Pike, Webster and Martin.

Still waiting to hear where this game will be played. I see the other thread has sites for games coming in little by little. I assume Ignatius will know soon.

Still waiting to hear where this game will be played. I see the other thread has sites for games coming in little by little. I assume Ignatius will know soon.
Will be shocked if anywhere but Brunswick. Strongsville close second. Capacity won't be necessary so Strongsville could be possible

Problem with getting consistent pressure on Allar is the deep shotgun he lines up in. They can do that because he has such special arm talent and can still make every throw, even with the greater distance to cover. Ed’s has tried several different approaches against him the past few years. They generally only get home to him when the coverage downfield is good.

Problem with getting consistent pressure on Allar is the deep shotgun he lines up in. They can do that because he has such special arm talent and can still make every throw, even with the greater distance to cover. Ed’s has tried several different approaches against him the past few years. They generally only get home to him when the coverage downfield is good.
Mentor certainly did it last year in the R1 final. He was running for his life a lot. If Mentor found a way, I'm sure Ignatius can find a way. Can't wait for this game!!!!!!

Capacity won't be an issue. Weather won't be great and attendance is horrid lately. Don't arrive on 303, come in the back way, always as simple as can be.
Lots of construction on the back way. Hopefully that's better now.

Capacity won't be an issue. Weather won't be great and attendance is horrid lately. Don't arrive on 303, come in the back way, always as simple as can be
What's the back way. I'm coming from Erie, PA and my mapquest directions have me taking I90 to I71 to Exit 226 Center Rd/OH-303. What should I change and why? You can PM me and let me know. Thanks.

What's the back way. I'm coming from Erie, PA and my mapquest directions have me taking I90 to I71 to Exit 226 Center Rd/OH-303. What should I change and why? You can PM me and let me know. Thanks.
Coming in off grafton to the elementary school to the parking lot as opposed to coming off 303 to parking lot

I have gone this way every time whether Ignatius or other game and I am in and out with zero traffic
See the maps below

Considering you’re coming from Erie PA, follow the directions you have – I-90 to I-71 to the OH 303 exit (226). Once onto OH 303, you have a couple of choices:

1) Go west on OH 303 and turn right into the Brunswick HS and stadium parking lot

2) Go west on OH 303, past Brunswick HS and the stadium parking a short distance to the Hadcock Rd light. Take a right on Hadcock – the ‘closed’ elementary school is down the street on the right side (1045 Hadcock Rd and Excellence Dr). Really easy to get in-and-out. Park behind the west stands or a short walk from the ‘closed’ school's parking lot. This avoid cars trying to exit the stadium parking lot onto OH 303 after the game.

3) If OH 303 west is really backed up – once you exit onto OH 303 from I-71, take a right at the 1st light onto North Carpenter. Go north on Carpenter to Grafton Rd. Take left (west) on Grafton. Take a left (south) on Hadcock and head back towards OH 303. That ‘closed’ elementary school entrance will be on the left side. Parking same as previous option 2)

The advantage of going in/out by the 'closed' elementary school on Hadcock Rd is that you’ll save a bunch of time, especially after the game. That’s a benefit considering your drive back to Erie.

View attachment 23235
View attachment 23236
Ok. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it . Also thanks for the map. Enjoy the game!

For anyone going to Brunswick via the back way on Hadcock Rd - when on Hadcock Rd, it is very easy to miss the Excellence drive street that goes to the north end of the stadium. It is dark with no lighting. For both northbound and southbound on Hadcock, you will see a yellow school crossing sign right at Excellence Drive. When you are right upon the yellow school sign, you have to make the turn onto Excellence. Just follow the winding street (there are no houses - just the closed elementary school). The road goes right into the parking lot behind the west stands. There will be attendants there collecting $5 for parking.

For anyone going to Brunswick via the back way on Hadcock Rd - when on Hadcock Rd, it is very easy to miss the Excellence drive street that goes to the north end of the stadium. It is dark with no lighting. For both northbound and southbound on Hadcock, you will see a yellow school crossing sign right at Excellence Drive. When you are right upon the yellow school sign, you have to make the turn onto Excellence. Just follow the winding street (there are no houses - just the closed elementary school). The road goes right into the parking lot behind the west stands. There will be attendants there collecting $5 for parking.
Also, the Drake Rd construction is now done this week and fully open both ways between 130 and howe as well, could help

If you are coming to Brunswick from the North, and using I-71 and not planning on exiting at route 303 in Brunswick, and instead planning on exiting in Strongsville on a Friday night at the end of a work work...Well, good luck with that!

That being the case and your plan is to exit I-71 at route 82 (Royalton Road) in Strongsville you may want to consider heading east on Royalton Road to West 130th (using the parkway shortcut off Royalton to West 130th.) and then south on West 130th towards Grafton Road and then west towards Hadcock. Hopefully, that would help in avoiding the Strongsville mall/Royalton Road/Howe Road disaster area directly off I-71.

I have no idea what kind of road construction is going on in Brunswick near the game site, but, whatever it is, if the above plan is better than exiting I-71 at route 303...I feel for you and allow for plenty of travel time.

If you are coming to Brunswick from the North, and using I-71 and not planning on exiting at route 303 in Brunswick, and instead planning on exiting in Strongsville on a Friday night at the end of a work work...Well, good luck with that!

That being the case and your plan is to exit I-71 at route 82 (Royalton Road) in Strongsville you may want to consider heading east on Royalton Road to West 130th (using the parkway shortcut off Royalton to West 130th.) and then south on West 130th towards Grafton Road and then west towards Hadcock. Hopefully, that would help in avoiding the Strongsville mall/Royalton Road/Howe Road disaster area directly off I-71.

I have no idea what kind of road construction is going on in Brunswick near the game site, but, whatever it is, if the above plan is better than exiting I-71 at route 303...I feel for you and allow for plenty of travel time.
Good recommendation. I'm planning to go down W 130th as both 82/Howe and 303 will be a mess

I still think getting off on 303 is the quickest, but that depends on how early you get there. Last time I was at a game there I got there right around 6 so missed the stadium traffic (the regular traffic that time is heavy but not too bad). But if you won't get there until around 6:30 or later, then the W. 130th to Grafton may be similar but you will likely sit in much less traffic.

For cheapskates like me who don't mind the walk, you can park on the south side of 303 in the Brunswick Market Center lot, cross 303, walk up Boyer Dr to Excellence and then to the stadium. It's about a half mile walk each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.