St Ignatius Football 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Kyle even realize that he lost it? People at his age often are unaware of their own foibles. Time for the AD to have a heart-to-heart talk with him regarding giving up the reins.

The school has been replaying old football highlights on the SIBN this week, in celebration of the 30th, 20th, and 10th anniversaries of the 1991, 2001, and 2011 state championship teams. Fun idea (at least for us old timers), similar in spirit to the 20th anniversary reunion special the school did to celebrate the 2001 basketball championship.

Can't really tell with SIBN but it appears Pfaff might be starting the JV game? If so, that's positive news that the coaches will finally play a full game with the best offensive threats

Yes, that’s Pfaff in although Papesh is on the sideline and the announcers said he will not be starting the Varsity game. Some of the other Sophs are not dressed or on the sideline, which is a great sign. For the first time that I can ever recall, a number of freshmen have been called up to the JV.

Yes, that’s Pfaff in although Papesh is on the sideline and the announcers said he will not be starting the Varsity game. Some of the other Sophs are not dressed or on the sideline, which is a great sign. For the first time that I can ever recall, a number of freshmen have been called up to the JV.
If Papesh doesn't start the varsity game and plays at all in the JV game, I just give up

I can't recall freshmen being brought up to JV, but I like it.

Get the better kids all on one team.

I can't recall freshmen being brought up to JV, but I like it.

Get the better kids all on one team.
Huge for player development, and the opportunity to play at higher levels early is a big draw for kids today. Ignatius has long had the reputation of a place where that wasn’t possible.

Huge for player development, and the opportunity to play at higher levels early is a big draw for kids today. Ignatius has long had the reputation of a place where that wasn’t possible.
I think this desire will only increase with the advent of NIL

Joe Eitel already has the change in standings. Up to #6 as of right now.
Should end up securing a home game week 11 based on what is left out there. Have seen X, Eds and Springfield against Cats. Not terribly impressed by any.

I think this is Medina title to lose this year, but Cats will be intriguing if they bring that effort week 11 and on

Does Kyle even realize that he lost it? People at his age often are unaware of their own foibles. Time for the AD to have a heart-to-heart talk with him regarding giving up the reins.
“Chico has lost it”. Everyone on here doubts Chico and says the program is so down.

Ignatius proceeds to beat the #4 team in the state. The 2nd defending OHSAA champion the Cats have beaten this year.

You love to see it.

“Chico has lost it”. Everyone on here doubts Chico and says the program is so down.

Ignatius proceeds to beat the #4 team in the state. The 2nd defending OHSAA champion the Cats have beaten this year.

You love to see it.
Ill take him for our team in Summit Co. Let me know when hes available.

Kyle and staff had the boys ready to play this week. Hopefully that momentum continues as we head into the playoffs.

Zinger has done an excellent job all season and had some nice wrinkles in the game plan for X. Braeden Lair played all over the field. I think this has been Zingers best season at D Coordinator given the talent level.

On offense, still a lot of room for improvement. Pfaff played his best game of the season, but still < 50% completion percentage which won’t get it done in 2021. They more than doubled X in yards per completion, but the standard deviation of playing that way is too high. New personnel has helped in the passing game, but I think there are still some tweaks to be made.

Chico has done a nice job introducing new plays into the O week by week and building on concepts from prior games. Offense overall remains very much a WIP.

I've been saying all season that most of the Ig posters on this thread have written off their team too soon-- and also continue to underestimate the effect Lenehan has on a game. He basically gets more leg drive (and yards after initial contact) than almost any back of his size that I've ever seen in ~50 years of watching HS football. I've seen bigger guys do what he does-- but never a kid of his size. It's almost surreal watching him continue to move the pile, after initial contact, 10-20 times game.

Ig is better than most Ig fans here have said they are-- when Ig's defense shows up (like they did against Ed and X), they can potentially beat anyone in the state.

Oh, and (no excuses here-- the most deserving team won) X's play calling was abominable-- something I did NOT think I would be saying again, after Specht (appropriately) yielded that job to Coverdale.

Kyle and staff had the boys ready to play this week. Hopefully that momentum continues as we head into the playoffs.

Zinger has done an excellent job all season and had some nice wrinkles in the game plan for X. Braeden Lair played all over the field. I think this has been Zingers best season at D Coordinator given the talent level.

On offense, still a lot of room for improvement. Pfaff played his best game of the season, but still < 50% completion percentage which won’t get it done in 2021. They more than doubled X in yards per completion, but the standard deviation of playing that way is too high. New personnel has helped in the passing game, but I think there are still some tweaks to be made.

Chico has done a nice job introducing new plays into the O week by week and building on concepts from prior games. Offense overall remains very much a WIP.

For those of you who might care, soccer Cats lead Barberton 9-0 at the half in the beginning of the state tourney. Now on to football with the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.