St Ignatius Football 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The offense is better with Papesh and Martin....now, the question becomes do you go with that full time next 2 weeks, or do you wait til week 11 so they play both levels. I know my answer

JV game is at noon. Varsity is at 4:00
That sucks. Ruins my plans that I have had since week 1. Was going to see St. X vs. Ignatius at 12:00, then Moeller vs. Eds at 4:00. Why put out schedules and then change them That really sucks. Now I either have to pick 1 of the 2 games to see or go to neither. Under the ORIGINAL schedule I would get to see both.

That sucks. Ruins my plans that I have had since week 1. Was going to see St. X vs. Ignatius at 12:00, then Moeller vs. Eds at 4:00. Why put out schedules and then change them That really sucks. Now I either have to pick 1 of the 2 games to see or go to neither. Under the ORIGINAL schedule I would get to see both.
You aren't going to miss anything other than a running clock, possibly in each game

The offense is better with Papesh and Martin....now, the question becomes do you go with that full time next 2 weeks, or do you wait til week 11 so they play both levels. I know my answer
No question, full time Varsity from here. They need as many Varsity reps as they can get to prep for the playoffs.

The last Freshman game is this Wednesday. Move the Freshman QB and RB up to JV and let the get some JV reps and two weeks of extra practice.

No question, full time Varsity from here. They need as many Varsity reps as they can get to prep for the playoffs.

The last Freshman game is this Wednesday. Move the Freshman QB and RB up to JV and let the get some JV reps and two weeks of extra practice.
That's my answer too, just hope that is the outcome

What’s remarkable about the current mess at QB… I believe Papesh was the 3rd team freshman QB last year behind the younger Pfaff and Lange. Not sure how many snaps he got the whole season. So this may have effectively been the 5th or 6th game he’s played in his career.

You aren't going to miss anything other than a running clock, possibly in each game
You very well could be right. That would not surprise me. I just would have enjoyed coming over and making a day of it and watching the 2 games. It would have been fun.

Someone should give Kyle a book on analytics where it has been shown that the better choice is to go for two rather than kick the extra point.

Hilarious. Moeller held them to 237 yards and gained 352. Still won despite 14 penalties for 125 yards. What game did you watch?
I wouldn't hang any hats for defensive performance on holding the offense to what they were held to. For half a game, we pretty much, no wait we did, have a wr at qb

I wouldn't hang any hats for defensive performance on holding the offense to what they were held to. For half a game, we pretty much, no wait we did, have a wr at qb

If Moeller doesn't self destruct for the better part of 2 quarter's (2nd and 3rd) the game never would have been in question. BTW, Moeller beat Iggy a few years ago with a WR at QB. To be fair, for 2 programs that have combined for 20 Ohio D1 titles. neither will be playing in Canton in December.

If Moeller doesn't self destruct for the better part of 2 quarter's (2nd and 3rd) the game never would have been in question. BTW, Moeller beat Iggy a few years ago with a WR at QB. To be fair, for 2 programs that have combined for 20 Ohio D1 titles. neither will be playing in Canton in December.

I don't think anyone had any thoughts that either would.

No Ignatius fans think the Cats are a good team. People are frankly embarrassed as the program isn’t living up to the high standard of success set by every other area of the school (as well as its own history).

The Cats played 3 QBs in this game - a backup who was in over his head, a WR who never took a snap at QB before last week, and a JV player in his first Varsity action.

People are encouraged as fans have been clamoring for Kyle to play some of the talented sophomores; he finally did in the second half and they outscored the Crusaders and helped spur the comeback that forced overtime.

I dont dispute any of that....I have watched this team play 8 times this year, the agony has been real

No Ignatius fans think the Cats are a good team. People are frankly embarrassed as the program isn’t living up to the high standard of success set by every other area of the school (as well as its own history).

The Cats played 3 QBs in this game - a backup who was in over his head, a WR who never took a snap at QB before last week, and a JV player in his first Varsity action.

People are encouraged as fans have been clamoring for Kyle to play some of the talented sophomores; he finally did in the second half and they outscored the Crusaders and helped spur the comeback that forced overtime.

The Ignatius program hits a little adversity, and most of their posters completely implode. Dynasties like Moeller and Iggy had, probably will never happen again in Ohio D1. Ignatius is still well coached, they just have run into period when they don't have insane talent like they used to (like Moeller).

I dont dispute any of that....I have watched this team play 8 times this year, the agony has been real
I watched both JV and Varsity matchups today. First, on the varsity, the St I fans were not exaggerating on the QB struggles for St I. ? But, as stated, you guys managed to stay in the game thanks to a little help from Moe with penalties—you’re welcome ?
The JV game showed promise for St I. Moe has several soph playing varsity this year. Does St I? Because a few definitely looked good enough!

The Ignatius program hits a little adversity, and most of their posters completely implode. Dynasties like Moeller and Iggy had, probably will never happen again in Ohio D1. Ignatius is still well coached, they just have run into period when they don't have insane talent like they used to (like Moeller).
As someone who was in school in the midst of the run, we arent looking for that level of dominance, so don't try to be a spin doctor here. Both talent and coaching are significantly less than they were during the last title, let alone the 90s

I watched both JV and Varsity matchups today. First, on the varsity, the St I fans were not exaggerating on the QB struggles for St I. ? But, as stated, you guys managed to stay in the game thanks to a little help from Moe with penalties—you’re welcome ?
The JV game showed promise for St I. Moe has several soph playing varsity this year. Does St I? Because a few definitely looked good enough!
No, the 2nd half on offense today was really the first substantive use of sophomores. Kyle almost never goes there

Status
Not open for further replies.