SL expansion

Yeah I highly doubt the wrc would want any part of Solon in football. It would make little sense for Solon too
I agree Solon may not be the first choice, but they would certainly be considered if the WRC lost a school. Cal preps actually predicted Solon football losses to both Mayfield and Chardon for the 2019 season.

I can't see how Wooster makes sense for the SL. They're out of the way to the south of the whole league footprint.

Brush wouldn't make sense in the other direction, being too far to the north.

Solon was the best fit for the league in my opinion as the other opening was in the bigger league, and they are a good travel/enrollment fit for that bigger league as a whole. However, only three schools had to disagree and it got kiboshed.

What schools are most influential in building the Suburan League. It's always felt like more of a Akron League and even though it certainly has come to encompass more than that I wonder if these proposed changes would be fought against by the schools that are more historically tied together in suburban Akron.
I thought 1 of the reasons the old NE Ohio Conference disbanded, was because the Akron area/ Summit Co. schools were tired of the long bus rides north. This would be about the same wouldn’t it ? I know the SL has Twinsburg, a Summit Co. school as well as North Royalton, but that’s just a couple of trips every other year. I think they need to leave it alone, other than making a couple of inside changes, like moving Barberton and Cuy. Falls.

Wooster made a lot of sense for this league. Fits the profile of d2 and not being a power

I knew those four GCC teams applied but it's a shame. Good 6 team league which can last across all sports except for these wandering eyes for lesser opponents

Massillon , hoban and cvca had no chance in a league like this. Same with Bedford. Brush is funny cuz that league is good for them at 8 teams in the wrc

Wooster is too far from the other schools....Not sure why Massillon wasted it's time, there is not a league in NE Ohio that would take on that circus

Two sets of issues "doomed" the NOC - which led to SL expansion, formation of the current GCC, and formation of the current WRC

The first issue was the top division for football, who would be in it
The second issue was some of the travel involved as the divisions were more competitively driven than geographically driven across sports

The present SL does not have travel issues to the extent that the NOC did. Wadsworth would be the geographic outlier in the bigger division, but their alternatives are limited. Adding Wooster or Louisville via an expansion wold create travel issues. Adding Solon would not have - except for Wadsworth - though the addition of Solon evidently was not favored by at least three teams.

I think Solon and Aurora could join the WRC as a package deal. Aurora is at or near the animosity of the American division that Solon is with the SL, which is keeping them out. Many of the WRC schools had difficulty filling out their OOC schedule this year and it was originally planned for 10-school conference. Now would be the ideal time to court.