Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

Oh I don’t want Central to play top Ohio small schools because I think they would be good games. I want Central to play top Ohio small schools to see them get beat soundly. All I hear is how no one will play Central. Let them cross the river and head west of I-77 and north of I-70 and see the type of competition they can find.
Central couldn’t even win AA. They’d get beaten by some hood Ohio teams

Central would get smoked by the best small schools in Ohio. Martinsburg would have hold their own and win some though
I agree Martinsburg is clearly the best in WV. Huntington last year was good but Ohio football compared to WV is pretty big gap I think

In all seriousness, Glenville's '24 nonconference schedule should have some combination of these teams:

St. Edward
Massillon
Hoban
Avon
Toledo Central Catholic
Ursuline
St. Joseph Prep
IMG
Center Grove
Pittsburgh Central Catholic

This type of schedule would prepare Glenville for another championship run no matter what division they're in. I hope it happens

Outta your mind……running clock
I don't know about that, they are a really well coached, disciplined football team that never gets out of position, but with St Ed's size and speed I think they could keep it close.

Let's look at this. Massillon scored two TDs against St. Ed. Hoban's offense didn't score at all. Ignatius got one. And MSML is going to score as much in one game as these programs did in three? Yeah, OK.
Your forgetting the one thing everyone (I don't agree with everyone) says is the primary reason for their success, COACHING.

I'd like to see Steubenville and Fitch get together even if it's just every once in a while. That game they put together a couple of years back was a fun one to watch.
That game was an instant classic. A failed 2 point conversion to end a game is as exciting as it gets.

As great of a program that Ironton has, Massillon is on a different level. I’m pretty sure they’d smoke Ironton.
Ironton continues to have a string of good skill position players. That being said their weakness the last few years has been in the trenches and just overall team discipline. They overwhelm lesser teams with the skill. Teams like Massillon with better overall skill position players would nullify any advantage Ironton may have. 21-7 type game at the half with Massillon trenches and depth continuing to pull away after halftime. I’d like to see it happen because it would certainly prepare them better than their current schedule. Really no value to Massillon to play this game. If Ironton makes a long trip they should realistically schedule Kirtland, Perry, SR or similar.

Ironton continues to have a string of good skill position players. That being said their weakness the last few years has been in the trenches and just overall team discipline. They overwhelm lesser teams with the skill. Teams like Massillon with better overall skill position players would nullify any advantage Ironton may have. 21-7 type game at the half with Massillon trenches and depth continuing to pull away after halftime. I’d like to see it happen because it would certainly prepare them better than their current schedule. Really no value to Massillon to play this game. If Ironton makes a long trip they should realistically schedule Kirtland, Perry, SR or similar.
Ironton vs Steubenville would be epic. Two storied and perennial contenders both from Ohio River towns and very similar communities. This game should have happened a long time ago. If there ever was a “natural” rivalry Steubenville vs. Ironton is it.

Glad they still have Cabell-Midland on the schedule however. They were the #1 team in the largest classification in WV playoffs this past season

Ironton vs Steubenville would be epic. Two storied and perennial contenders both from Ohio River towns and very similar communities. This game should have happened a long time ago. If there ever was a “natural” rivalry Steubenville vs. Ironton is it.
That would be a better game. River rats vs River rats. Just have to keep the fans from fighting 😂

Not sure how good Buchtel is now, but Toledo City League is pretty bad. Currently Scott and Start are functional, but thats about it.
They play a while ago when coach power was coaching there he at brush now buchtel made the playoffs last 2 year lost to canton south who was undefeated lost to them by a point they are get better every year.

Let's look at this. Massillon scored two TDs against St. Ed. Hoban's offense didn't score at all. Ignatius got one. And MSML is going to score as much in one game as these programs did in three? Yeah, OK.
Hey I agree with your assesment 100%. Marion Local would be lucky to score on Ed's reserves let alone their starters.

True.
But D7 msml has beaten a good D3 Wapakoneta team a few yrs in a row now.
Coldwater in D5, which was soundly beaten by Marion local beat regional finalist D3 with osu qb recruit two yrs on a row and never trailed.
D6 Versailles beat up on d3 state semi finalist celina this year.

It can happen whee good small achools can beat good big schools.
All these "good big schools" you mentioned were complete garbage relative to D-III and would have been obliterated by the top D-III schools like Central Catholic. They only made it that far because there isn't many good teams in D-III in some parts of the state, most are stacked in one or two areas. Let me know when any of these small schools beat TCC and I will rescind my comments.

You realize that Wapakoneta was one of the top D3 programs this year and last and Marion Local beat them both times being D7
You realize Wapakoneta was garabge both years and would have been slaughtered by Canfield and TCC respectively....

2021 D6 coldwatee beat D1 cincy team....butnthey went 0fer that yr. And 2019 d6 CW brat a 5-5 D3 Mt healthy.

I know...far cry from the recruiting powerhouse that is TCC in D3 but some small achools do step up to play schools much, much bigger
Sure you can beat larger schools, but saying you beat garbage schools does not compare to beating any of the top schools. And just because a team made it to a certain round in the playoffs is meaningless because often all the good teams are mostly in one or two regions.

2021 D6 coldwatee beat D1 cincy team....butnthey went 0fer that yr. And 2019 d6 CW brat a 5-5 D3 Mt healthy.

I know...far cry from the recruiting powerhouse that is TCC in D3 but some small achools do step up to play schools much, much bigger
To be fair, Coldwater was really good that year in 2021 playing in D6 and lost to eventual State Champion Carey in the playoffs.
They also lost to 16-0 State Champs Marion Local 24-21.

Yes, they played a D1 school that year which is awesome. They probably didn't know that Oak Hills was going to be that bad. Oak Hills played one D2 (Cincy Turpin), Coldwater in D6 and the rest were D1 schools. Coldwater won 14-6 in Oak Hills closest game of the year. Oak Hills lost to a 2-7 Hamilton (D1) that year 50-7 and 1-8 Middleton (D1) 33-23.....Middleton's only win.

Just kind of shows you that a very good small school can compete and sometimes even beat larger schools, even D1. But it would literally have to be some of the worst D1 schools in the state. Not saying CW or MSML could "never" beat a decent D1 school, but it's just too hard 99% of the time.

This just happened a few weeks ago. LC beat Coldwater 17-7.

(Sorry if I missed the satire or something)
Lol, yeah, I know, we’ve beat them two years in a row, but they always deem us inferior, because we are not from the Mac. A few more wins against any Mac team might get us some respect.

TCC did play Glenville in the playoffs in 2017. TCC won 28-0
We gotta get that rematch, even though it was ages ago in football years lol. It would be a great series. Two ridiculously talented and well-coached teams (despite what their detractors say), both back-to-back state champions. I'm sure both teams would jump at the chance to play