Region 28 Playoffs

How is Ansonia's pass defense?
They have issues at times giving up big plays but they’re a very good tackling team and rallying to the ball. Tri Village had 2 big plays on Ansonia that both resulted in long TDs one with the Ansonia DB slipping which led to a 50 yarder and one for 34 yards where a DB deflected a ball and ran into another DB and somehow landed in a TV receivers hand. They gave up a long TD against Preble Shawnee from miscommunication. It’s tough to run the ball on Ansonia, most their varsity unit has allowed is 73 yards this year. Their one weakness is DBs especially with their top DB out for the rest of the year. Their Dline is extremely athletic

They have issues at times giving up big plays but they’re a very good tackling team and rallying to the. Tri Village had 2 big plays on Ansonia that both resulted in long TDs one with the Ansonia DB slipping which led to a 50 yarder and one for 34 yards where a DB deflected a ball and ran into another DB and somehow landed in a TV receivers hand. They gave up a long TD against Preble Shawnee from miscommunication. It’s tough to run the ball on Ansonia, most their varsity unit has allowed is 73 yards this year. Their one weakness is DBs especially with their top DB out for the rest of the year. Their Dline is extremely athleti
Yes, but this isn’t another WOAC offense that Ansonia will be facing. Not to mention that this is a very good passing Marion team. The TV, TVS and Shawnee offenses that that defense faced this year don’t come close to comparing to the Flyers

They have issues at times giving up big plays but they’re a very good tackling team and rallying to the ball. Tri Village had 2 big plays on Ansonia that both resulted in long TDs one with the Ansonia DB slipping which led to a 50 yarder and one for 34 yards where a DB deflected a ball and ran into another DB and somehow landed in a TV receivers hand. They gave up a long TD against Preble Shawnee from miscommunication. It’s tough to run the ball on Ansonia, most their varsity unit has allowed is 73 yards this year. Their one weakness is DBs especially with their top DB out for the rest of the year. Their Dline is extremely athletic
If DB's are a weakness it might be a long night playing against ML.

I think it’s laughable just assume that Ansonia waltzes to the Region final. I could see several teams beating them before that.
I don’t think anyone is assuming they make the regional finals… with that being said it’s fairly realistic that they do considering the best team on their side is a team they already beat.

I never once said TCN could compete with Marion obviously they can’t but as I stated I’m sure they’d feel much better if they had their starting QB…

saying that NOBODY can compete with Marion is a joke. Ansonia is the exact team equipped to hang with Marion. Not saying they’d win but it wouldn’t be 30+ as you state.

Sorry man but it would be 50+ if ML doesn’t let off the gas. If ansonia was in the MAC, they would be a bottom three team without a doubt.

Sorry man but it would be 50+ if ML doesn’t let off the gas. If ansonia was in the MAC, they would be a bottom three team without a doubt.
Last year Ansonia gave New Bremen their closest game in the playoffs 26 - 22. Flyers will likely have to get past Minster before they even get a shot at Ansonia. But if Marion Local plays Ansonia I would favor the Flyers by 2 - 3 tds. and Ansonia would be better than a bottom 3 team in the MAC based on their performance vs New Bremen last season.

Nope. Ansonia eats a ton of clock on offense and never would let a team put big points up on them.
They will have a tough time running it vs MSML though. Will need some passing to move the chains.

Bottom 3 is hilarious. They’d run through the bottom of the MAC. Just because you’re in the MAC and are a bottom dweller doesn’t mean you’re elite. I personally wish you’d take off the MAC blinders but that’s how everyone in the middle of the pack or below in the MAC acts. Coldwater, Marion, and Versailles are great and they give others their credit too. St. Henry would be the 3/4 in the WOAC.

Last edited:
Bottom 3 is hilarious. They’d run through the bottom of the MAC. Just because you’re in the MAC and are a bottom dweller doesn’t mean you’re elite. I personally wish you’d take off the MAC blinders but that’s how everyone in the middle of the pack or below in the MAC acts. Coldwater, Marion, and Versailles are great and they give others their credit too. St. Henry would be the 3/4 in the WOAC.
I guess we’ll see after tonight.

I just saw on Drew Pasteur's site that 1-9 Fort Recovery is rated higher than every team in Region 27.
Pasteur's rankings are a joke a lot of times. Ansonia is 10-0, ranked 2nd in state in the AP poll, and gave eventual state champ New Bremen their toughest game of the playoffs last year, losing by 4 on a TD scored with less than a minute to go. Pasteur doesn't even have them top 10...

Pasteur's rankings are a joke a lot of times. Ansonia is 10-0, ranked 2nd in state in the AP poll, and gave eventual state champ New Bremen their toughest game of the playoffs last year, losing by 4 on a TD scored with less than a minute to go. Pasteur doesn't even have them top 10...
He’s the same way as the guys here on Yappi are. Everyone in the MAC is 1000x better than anyone and if you disagree you’re just not HS football smart. When in reality Ansonia, TV, Riverside can and will beat a good chunk of the MAC. Granted St. Henry is the only hope for the MAC on the bottom half of 28 but still…

AP is based on voting… Pasteurs rankings are based off a bunch of different analytics. I’d trust Drew way before AP. And how does anyone base last years scores to this year is beyond me.

I think this is one of the toughest regions in SW Ohio to predict when looking at the region past Round 1. Just for fun:

Round 1:
#16 Lewisburg Tri-Country North (4-6) at #1 Maria Stein Marion Local (10-0)
#15 Lockland (4-5) at #2 Ansonia (10-0)
#14 St. Henry (3-7)
at #3 DeGraff Riverside (9-1)
#13 New Bremen (4-6) at #4 Cincinnati College Prep (7-2)
#12 Bradford (4-4) at #5 Minster (8-2)
#11 Fort Loramie (5-5)
at #6 South Charleston Southeastern (7-3)
#10 Mechanicsburg (6-4) at #7 St. Bernard-Elmwood Place (7-2)
#9 Sidney Lehman Catholic (7-3) at #8 Cedarville (7-3)

Round 2:
#1 Marion Local
vs. #8 Cedarville
#2 Ansonia vs. #10 Mechanicsburg
#14 St. Henry vs. #11 Fort Loramie
#13 New Bremen vs. #5 Minster

Regional Semi-Finals:
#1 Marion Local vs.
#5 Minster
#2 Ansonia vs. #11 Fort Loramie

Regional Final:
#1 Marion Local
vs. #2 Ansonia

I think Marion Local is the heavy favorite to win the region. Beyond that, there's a lot up for grabs. I see more seed upsets in this region than most due to the wealth of MAC teams, a stronger Independent in Fort Loramie, and perennial playoff team Mechanicsburg. I could see Ansonia, Fort Loramie, Mechanicsburg, and even St. Henry/Riverside moving all the way to the finals to face Marion Local. I'm actually really intrigued by a potential Regional Semi-Final of Marion Local vs. Minster. Minster is probably the most equipped team to challenge Marion Local. Should be exciting all around!

AP is based on voting… Pasteurs rankings are based off a bunch of different analytics. I’d trust Drew way before AP. And how does anyone base last years scores to this year is beyond me.
So you trust that Fort Recovery would be everyone in region 27, most in region 28, and 26? That’s just ridiculous. Same guy has St. Henry above DSJ who slaughtered Parkway (the same Parkway that beat Stank by 2 scores)

So you trust that Fort Recovery would be everyone in region 27, most in region 28, and 26? That’s just ridiculous. Same guy has St. Henry above DSJ who slaughtered Parkway (the same Parkway that beat Stank by 2 scores)
I do… idk how knowledgeable about the MAC you are, but aside from the top 2/3 teams, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. St. Henry was 3 safeties away from beating Minster

I do… idk how knowledgeable about the MAC you are, but aside from the top 2/3 teams, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. St. Henry was 3 safeties away from beating Minster
You don’t understand, Stank is down this year (again) and that’s ok…. But damn man let’s stop acting like the MAC outside the top 3 are world beaters