Region 28 Playoffs

Redskin Man

What does it look like the final standings will end up? Curious to know projected first round matchups and most excited to have an idea where my Redskins will be heading! Looks like the 10-13 range ; maybe Saint Bernard or Southeastern?

here are the projected matchups. every MAC team in the bracket may be put on one side. that would be a shame but gives another team a chance to play what will be Marion Local in the regional final.

16 Tri County North @ 1 Marion Local
15 Lockland @ 2 Ansonia
14 St. Henry @ 3 Riverside
13 New Bremen @ 4 Cincinnati College Prep
12 Bradford @ 5 Minster
11 Fort Loramie @ 6 Southeastern
10 Mechanicsburg @ 7 St. Bernard Elmwood Place
9 Lehman Catholic @ 8 Cedarville

What are everyone’s predictions on these games ! I got
Flyers
Ansonia
Pirates
Cardinals
Wildcats
Redskins
Mechanicsburg
Cedarville

What are everyone’s predictions on these games ! I got
Flyers
Ansonia
Pirates
Cardinals
Wildcats
Redskins
Mechanicsburg
Cedarville
Think you have it very close if not spot on. I tend to agree with all of your picks except not sure Riverside is up to the challenge? That's the one game I give as a pickem.

Think you have it very close if not spot on. I tend to agree with all of your picks except not sure Riverside is up to the challenge? That's the one game I give as a pickem.
The MAC is the MAC, I think until proven otherwise St Henry beats Riverside, and isn’t Riverside QB out?

I’m not sure SBEP is up to the challenge, they have been throttled by good competition, but Burg did not look good last night against a not so good Triad team. Really hope they can get it together

I’m not sure SBEP is up to the challenge, they have been throttled by good competition, but Burg did not look good last night against a not so good Triad team. Really hope they can get it together
I don’t think St. Henry can hang with Riverside. They played Ansonia tough and have gotten much better since. Riverside did lose their starting QB to injury but their backup played extremely well. SBEP and Mechanicsburg is a pick ‘em game in my opinion. I could be wrong but I realistically don’t see either being able to knock off Ansonia.

Ehh I’m not sure SBEP is gonna keep it close, Burg isn’t up to par as they usually are but they should be able to handle them

Looking forward to getting playoffs started and seeing if my Redskins can string a few wins together to get some momentum going into next year!!!! Best of luck to all teams this postseason

Anyone have a scouting report on the Trojans of Southeastern? Offensively and Defensively?
got to watch them play Greenon this week.

RB Davis is a great player and they use him as a work horse, Trojans don’t run the ball particularly well, although not bad. they do a lot in the passing game. they have 2 athletic receivers that are a problem, one looked to be about 6’3. QB was accurate and distributed the ball well. on offense they mainly took what the defense gave them.

defense, hard to scout. the Greenon QB got hurt early and they resorted to running the wildcat. couldn’t throw the ball. the DBs are the same as receivers and they look the part. Greenon wasn’t hard to stop once the QB got hurt.

overall, good team. they aren’t amazing at anything but don’t have any glaring weaknesses either that i saw. Fort Loramie is probably the favorite but SE has kept things close in all 3 losses (against good teams)

I don’t think St. Henry can hang with Riverside. They played Ansonia tough and have gotten much better since. Riverside did lose their starting QB to injury but their backup played extremely well. SBEP and Mechanicsburg is a pick ‘em game in my opinion. I could be wrong but I realistically don’t see either being able to knock off Ansonia.
Riverside is going to run into a buzzsaw in St Henry. Don’t let that record fool you. The Skins are stout and very capable of beating the Pirates. If Riverside plays the game they did vs MU they should come out on top.
This should be close…
Riverside 25
St Hank 22

Physicality and Coaching is the difference between the MAC and other local schools/ conferences. Being able to play Coldwater, Versailles, Marion Local helps a lot to see where your team is at, and it will help improve your team as a whole. Until proven otherwise I think St Henry wins, 27-14.

16 Tri County North @ 1 Marion Local
15 Lockland @ 2 Ansonia
14 St. Henry @ 3 Riverside
13 New Bremen @ 4 Cincinnati College Prep
12 Bradford @ 5 Minster
11 Fort Loramie @ 6 Southeastern
10 Mechanicsburg @ 7 St. Bernard Elmwood Place
9 Lehman Catholic @ 8 Cedarville
Winners:
1 - 2 - 14 - 13 - 5 - 11 - 10 - 9, probably 6 or 7 running clocks.

Riverside is going to run into a buzzsaw in St Henry. Don’t let that record fool you. The Skins are stout and very capable of beating the Pirates. If Riverside plays the game they did vs MU they should come out on top.
This should be close…
Riverside 25
St Hank 22
St. Henry may win this game, but St. Henry is not a buzzsaw.

St. Henry may win this game, but St. Henry is not a buzzsaw.
Yeah I’d agree, the Pirates are a good squad that moved it fairly easily against MU. It’ll be the closest game on Friday but don’t see a way the Pirates go down unless St. Henry holds them under two scores.

16 Lewisburg Tri-Country North (4-6) at 1 Maria Stein Marion Local (10-0)
15 Lockland (4-5) at 2 Ansonia (10-0)
14 St. Henry (3-7) at 3 DeGraff Riverside (9-1)
13 New Bremen (4-6) at 4 Cincinnati College Prep (7-2)
12 Bradford (4-4) at 5 Minster (8-2)
11 Fort Loramie (5-5) at 6 South Charleston Southeastern (7-3)
10 Mechanicsburg (6-4) at 7 St. Bernard-Elmwood Place (7-2)
9 Sidney Lehman Catholic (7-3) at 8 Cedarville (7-3)

There are several possible seed upsets in R28. Like it was said above, the MAC is the MAC. Those teams are battle tested come playoff time. What a tough draw for Riverside getting St. Henry in the first round. Riverside has had a fine season but that'll be a tough matchup with a physical St. Henry team. New Bremen should definitely be favored in their matchup with College Prep despite being the #13 seed. Fort Loramie and Mechanicsburg both have great chances to get wins in Round 1.

13 New Bremen (4-6) at 4 Cincinnati College Prep (7-2)
11 Fort Loramie (5-5) at 6 South Charleston Southeastern (7-3)

There are several possible seed upsets in R28. Like it was said above, the MAC is the MAC. Those teams are battle tested come playoff time. What a tough draw for Riverside getting St. Henry in the first round. Riverside has had a fine season but that'll be a tough matchup with a physical St. Henry team. New Bremen should definitely be favored in their matchup with College Prep despite being the #13 seed. Fort Loramie and Mechanicsburg both have great chances to get wins in Round 1.
1. Riverside just played MU and they played Ansonia close early in the season. I think you guys just hear how talented the MAC is (and rightfully so, it’s the most dominant conference in HS) but let’s not act like the Pirates weren’t tested either. The same guys made the mistake last year picking Ansonia to lose to NB by 40-50.

2. NB will clearly shred CCP to pieces

3. Loramie and Mechanicsburg are also playing teams that played club schools and schools with nobody attending. Which is the exact reason OHSAA needs to change the playoff formatting.

1. Riverside just played MU and they played Ansonia close early in the season. I think you guys just hear how talented the MAC is (and rightfully so, it’s the most dominant conference in HS) but let’s not act like the Pirates weren’t tested either. The same guys made the mistake last year picking Ansonia to lose to NB by 40-50.

2. NB will clearly shred CCP to pieces

3. Loramie and Mechanicsburg are also playing teams that played club schools and schools with nobody attending. Which is the exact reason OHSAA needs to change the playoff formatting.
Fort Loramie is playing Southeastern who is a very formidable opponent this year.

13 New Bremen (4-6)
at 4 Cincinnati College Prep (7-2)
11 Fort Loramie (5-5)
at 6 South Charleston Southeastern (7-3)